Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I saw yesterday that someone posted the paypal up on the Dublin spotters page.
    Hopefully that brought a few quid in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭Mech1

Tenger wrote: »
    I saw yesterday that someone posted the paypal up on the Dublin spotters page.
    Hopefully that brought a few quid in too.

Is that on boards.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Good man Mech1 Pat
    Great service and well worth the small amount that might come back to you through the appeal for funds
    Dont be getting up on that roof tonight ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Mech1 wrote: »
    Is that on boards.ie?

Facebook group

Thanks everyone, you know who you are, and a merry christmas to you all.

Im always open to suggestions to improve the service so fire away, just got the op's channel working again it was another broken scanner, but new one in place now, it isnt programmed for ops yet but is working!!!

• Advertisement

Happy Christmas to all the EIDW staff especially the ATC guys + girls, hope you all enjoy your day off!

And if you drew the short straw for today, Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Merry Christmas Pat, thanks for keeping this going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

smurfjed wrote: »
    Merry Christmas Pat, thanks for keeping this going.
    Ditto. Quite a few of us owe you a great deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Feed is good for tonight's cluster f of full stands and no deicing.

My feed celebrated its 6th birthday yesterday,
    Thanks for listening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

And a happy Birthday to Mech1 !!
    the feed and its upkeep is appreciated

Congratulations and thanks for putting in the time and effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

http://archive-server.liveatc.net/eidw/EIDW3-Twr-118600-Aug-27-2019-1400Z.mp3

Exchange between Aer Lingus A330 callsign Shamrock ONE ALPHA KILO and ATC

Starts about 6 mins in.

I think she and he handeled that situation as well as could be expected, but what would I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

Mech1 wrote: »
    I think she and he handeled that situation as well as could be expected, but what would I know.

Absolutely,very professionally dealt with by the Controller and also by the calm Co-Pilot of 1AK.

Its simple, they have a tailwind limitation that cannot be exceeded, it's not the same for all aircraft but its generally 10 or 15 kts. Your takeoff performance is then based on that wind but in order to be conservative it is multiplied by 1.5, so the performance would actually need to be calculated at 30kts, for an A330 heading to the USA (I'm assuming here that 1AK is a 330) there is no way that he cant get off that runway with such a wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

1AK is LAX so every inch of runway counts as does every knot of wind

Hi Guys and Girls, no easy way to say this.
    I have been running this feed since about June 2013, time for me to move along, I cant justify the costs, when my partner is struggling to put 3 kids to school.
    Many thanks to all that helped me along with small donations and some bits of cable etc, its been fun.

Turning off the system tomorrow morning so fill your boots between now and then.

If anyone is willing to take it on i will help as much as possible, but only to someone that is committed and has a suitable location and 24hr hi speed broadband.

Thanks and sorry again,

Pat.

Just for full transparency, total donations recieved since 2013 to now is €470.
    Running this feed for the last 3 years cost €925 plus power and broadband fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

That's very sad Pat, however a sincere thanks for running the feed over the years.

Hopefully somebody can take it over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Pat, even though you're going off air, can we still make a donation to cover more recent costs ?

Pat, even though you're going off air, can we still make a donation to cover more recent costs ?

of course! If enough come in then you guys are paying for it not me, and it stays live. its simply a financial issue for me.
    Im not allowed to pay for it anymore:(:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Money sent. FR24 Gold is around €35pa so I am happy to use that as a sort of benchmark. I use it so often that a few cent per use nothing.

FTR from a mod etc. point of view this is fine just like last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

Donated there, a worth cause and totally unfair to place the burden on one person alone for a service we all make such good use of.

Out of curiosity where does the majority of the expenses come into the running of the feed, is it an electricity thing or buying new parts to replace broken ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Another donation added - hopefully something can be worked out to keep it going.

NH2013 wrote: »
    Donated there, a worth cause and totally unfair to place the burden on one person alone for a service we all make such good use of.

Out of curiosity where does the majority of the expenses come into the running of the feed, is it an electricity thing or buying new parts to replace broken ones?

The main expense is scanners they dont seem to like having to be on 24hrs a day i generally go through 2 or 3 a year I buy them second hand so no warranty. Then the usb sound cards dont seem to last. general maintainance of antenna coax and connections it all adds up.

If we get a few more donations we can keep it alive, if not I will refund any monies recieved.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Could you repost the link please. I can't seem to find it.

• Advertisement

Pat, I don't listen to t that often due to my location, but i do enough the ability to listen to conversations likes the EI A330 a few days ago. I hope that we have sent you enough to keep it going for a while longer.

Advertisement