Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Crew

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I have AC since it came out early access but the problem I have is I don't want to use a wheel and playing with a controller is awful. It feels too jumpy, not smooth. If there was a way to make it feel like Forza or GT I'm sure I would get into it. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I have AC since it came out early access but the problem I have is I don't want to use a wheel and playing with a controller is awful. It feels too jumpy, not smooth. If there was a way to make it feel like Forza or GT I'm sure I would get into it. Any ideas?
    I think there are threads on the official forums on how to set things up for a controller. I know I've heard people on there talking about how they can drive pretty good with just a controller.

The best idea would be to buy a wheel, you can get second hand G25/27 at a good price. It makes a big difference, all driving games are much more enjoyable with a wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone still playing this? Need a new game and see this is going for 35 in some places. Just not sure if it will be worth it. It's either that or dying light.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Anyone still playing this? Need a new game and see this is going for 35 in some places. Just not sure if it will be worth it. It's either that or dying light.

Need a new game? I'm pretty sure we have spoken before about Assassin's Creed. Have you played Rogue? It is right up there with Brotherhood.

Need a new game? I'm pretty sure we have spoken before about Assassin's Creed. Have you played Rogue? It is right up there with Brotherhood.

Only got ps4 and burnt out fron AC. Gonna trade in batman but nothing im interested will be out for a while. Looking over some games i passed on before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Rocket league is free on ps4.
    The witcher 3 if you havent already played it.
    Shadow of Mordor is great as its very "batmany".

Kirby wrote: »
    Rocket league is free on ps4.
    The witcher 3 if you havent already played it.
    Shadow of Mordor is great as its very "batmany".

Rocket league is a laugh but looking for...moaarr. Have witcher 3, waiting for expansions and didn't like SoM at all.

I played the crew beta but looking for something more solo. I hear doing light is better with people as well, slightly putting me off that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,764 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

sheehy83 wrote: »

Toss a coin to decide ;)

Well Dying Light was a good laugh ( from the last few posts :) ) but I saw The Crew on sale on PSN so looked it up again and saw the Wild Run update gave improved graphics and handling. The handling in the demo was attrocious and put me off the game. Tried it again and still awful but saw a Reddit post giving the below handling settings and it makes it a completely different game. It's actually really enjoyable with just a few tweaks, bizarre Ubisoft didn't make them the default settings. Mad to get it now but no longer on sale but will keep an eye out for it.

Anyone know what way the demo works on PSN? I was able to download the game OR buy it. Downloaded it and it has Wild Run on the menu screen but not sure how much I can actually play.

Settings below
    Go into the Control Options...
    • Set Car handling help level to Hardcore
    • Set Steering Sensitivity to approximately 3/4
    • Set Steering dead zone all the way to the left
    • Steering speed factor all the way to the right
    This disables annoying assists, quickens the response times, and seems to make it less twitchy too. I tested it using a stock car, before installing any tuning packs, so I can't say how it will affect but so far it's improved the game immensely for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

When you say it gave improved handling and graphics, did it apply to the base game too or just with the update?

• Advertisement

When you say it gave improved handling and graphics, did it apply to the base game too or just with the update?

Yupp there is a Wild Run Patch which is a free patch to the base game and a Wild Run update which is like 30 quid and adds a load of stuff.

Actually quite a big graphics update

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yupp there is a Wild Run Patch which is a free patch to the base game and a Wild Run update which is like 30 quid and adds a load of stuff.

Actually quite a big graphics update

And of course my game is not patching. Bloody uPlay client, keeps staying at "Initializing Download"...

Just picked it up for 12 euro in HMV, how bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Complete edition is $27.99 (€19.14) on Canadian psn store.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone trying this would suggest dont have an opinion until your at least level 10. Its an MMO type car game your car doesnt get useful until it gets mods.

Takes a while to get into it but once you do its a decent game.

A lot of people pick it up and hate it as it doesnt handle well, every time you add something to the car you notice it. Then you get a new car and grind out parts for it and it then gets awesome.

Yupp enjoying it A LOT more than need for speed. Level 15 atm doing Dirt missions around new york. My only gripe atm is the money. Have 85k but can't afford a newer car then my starting Mustang. A new paint job is 20 fecking grand. A mix of not making enough money and everything being too expensive makes it really grindy. Would like to try a new car but i do have a free Viper with Ubi points that i can make a Perf spec at level 20, think that will be my main car.

The Viper GTS is my favourite car of all time but no way am i paying 3 euro for it.

Yupp enjoying it A LOT more than need for speed. Level 15 atm doing Dirt missions around new york. My only gripe atm is the money. Have 85k but can't afford a newer car then my starting Mustang. A new paint job is 20 fecking grand. A mix of not making enough money and everything being too expensive makes it really grindy. Would like to try a new car but i do have a free Viper with Ubi points that i can make a Perf spec at level 20, think that will be my main car.

The Viper GTS is my favourite car of all time but no way am i paying 3 euro for it.

Send your Crew to do Faction missions when you login (they dont actually have to do them) play your own game and you will get a few grand for the faction mission.

My main gripe is actually playing those faction missions are like some sort of criminal punishment......1 HOUR PLUS!!!!! for some of them. But they do offer the most cash.

You can get 500k for finding all the landmarks, videos on how to do it under and hour on youtube.

Just saw on reddit that the crew dlc is region locked to the account and not the console. Meaning that if you bought the complete edition off the Canadian or US psn you wouldnt be able to play the dlc on your Irish account. Is this true?

Anyone who logs into The Crew on Saturday will very 50k crew credits to celebrate either a birthday or so many million drivers reached, can't remember. Saw it on PSN blog so im not sure if it's only for ps3/4 or all platforms.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I picked this up yesterday, cheap as chips, reminds me of the fun I has with Test Drive Unlimited, rather than the pitiful sequel.
    What's the deal with online only though.
    That's a pain right there, once the game has served its purpose bye bye server and the game becomes decorative rather than functional.

• Advertisement

I'm level 35ish atm and definitely true what Dreamer said, only gets better as you level up. Cider, I HIGHLY recommend checking out the reddit post to improve car handling. Google found it for me and i tweaked his suggestion a small bit but there's a huge difference from the default settings.

I'm playing mostly single player, never use crew for missions and anytime i come across players on the road, they usually just try crash into me anyway.

I'm level 35ish atm and definitely true what Dreamer said, only gets better as you level up. Cider, I HIGHLY recommend checking out the reddit post to improve car handling. Google found it for me and i tweaked his suggestion a small bit but there's a huge difference from the default settings.

I'm playing mostly single player, never use crew for missions and anytime i come across players on the road, they usually just try crash into me anyway.

Playing last night and some random player started following me in a monster truck for 5 minutes crashing into me on purpose. Very annoying still good game though

Free for a month from Sept 14.

Strange promotion but DLC coming out this year.

Advertisement