Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Crew

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Me too, however the story, the characters and the acting are terrible beyond belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I Dont think the graphics have Improved all that much from TDU2. Kinda just part three of the TDU story without any real next gen feel.

Liking it now but not living it... Yet

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Me too, however the story, the characters and the acting are terrible beyond belief.

It was cheese as ****, I am not denying it lol. I just loved the big feck off island, car dealerships, properties, nice cash balance etc.
    It was very fun game, I would play it even now if it would have at least half decent g27 support...

If mulitiplayer worked I'd be all over it, think I'lll wait till that's fixed and go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I loved TDU. Absolutely everything (incl the cheesy story), well everything except the driving. Some of the worst driving ever (on ps3 with joypad) Once you get any bit of speed, it was impossible to control. The world was top notch though and better than what I played of the Crew Beta. Will still pick up The Crew, maybe in the new year sales. The Witcher 3 being pushed back left a big gap in my gaming calendar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its a decent game, shame i cant play it with people i want to.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I loved TDU but hated TDU2, what's the story with The Crew?
    It is in the sales but I'm in two minds about it on the PS4, it's this or Drive Club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It is in the sales but I'm in two minds about it on the PS4, it's this or Drive Club.

Neither. Keep your money

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

COYVB wrote: »
    Neither. Keep your money

But I don't want my money!
    And the only racing title I have on the PS4 is NfS!

Surely Driveclub is patched into playability now?
    And what's wrong with The Crew?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I've wanted to give one of them a purchase too but Coyvb and many others seem to be of the opinion just to keep your money. In this case I've taken the warning as it seems to be pretty universal.

Most saying both games look good but just nothing to write home about in general.

I'll hold off for the next racer and play Mario kart when I want a bit of racing in the mean time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

If you're really really stuck for a racer, driveclub. The crew is poor all round. Awful handling, awful attempt at a story and online that just doesn't work very well in terms of functionality.

Poor man's poor man nfs

I have MK8 and it's sublime, but sometimes I need a more realistic racer.
    Maybe I should of bought an XB1 instead!
    It seems this is the area the XB1 scores ahead of the anaemic racing selection on the Sony machine :(

Feck it, I'll get Metro Redux and Alien Isolation instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

It seems this is the area the XB1 scores ahead of the anaemic racing selection on the Sony machine :(

Gran Turismo will be out soon.........well in 2016 or so. :P

I know what ya mean. If I really want a realistic racer I tend to stick on Forza 3 on 360. That said I'm not mad into racers so don't mind the older graphics like some would I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

If you buy now and cant sign in, you wont be able to play the game. Online only, i managed to get on for an hour yesterday at noon, but that was it since.

In fairness forza series was the only reason I bought xbox one, when I already had Ps4. I always was Gran Turismo man myself up until I played Forza 3. Last two GT games were disappointing to say the least.

I am still busy with Forza 5 and I am keeping Horizon for later as a desert.

Talking about the actual crew though, is it me or it already tanked in price? I guess it is not doing even remotely good? It's like TDU all over again.

All ubi games on PC drop in price fairly quickly.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    All ubi games on PC drop in price fairly quickly.

I am not even talking about pc versions. Check amazon prices for xbox one and ps4. I think even argos already selling it for 40eu

I am not even talking about pc versions. Check amazon prices for xbox one and ps4. I think even argos already selling it for 40eu

Think its an all format thing EA games dont go down as quick.

Ubisoft seem to have championed the releasing of games in a Beta state and delivering big Day 1 patches, to start with, to catch up.
    Assassins Creed: Unity and The Crew seem to be both examples of this.
    Also, Drive Club on the PS4, seems to be victim of the same practice, and all of these are exacerbated by the servers outs over the past week.

Contrast, again, with the Nintendo experience, I popped Captain Toad into the drive and had an exquisite hour of laughs and smiles and glorious gaming, no waiting for patches of any description first, everything running as it should, just like the old days, bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Lads, Project Cars will be out soon cross platform. This will be the saviour of everything.

• Advertisement

I'm awaiting 90's Arcade Racer myself, memories of Scud Race, Daytona and Ridge Racer come flooding back.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Lads, Project Cars will be out soon cross platform. This will be the saviour of everything.

Well, Project cars is going in to Sim racer game category, not in to Arcade racer category.

I will pick up Crew on PC at some point to have some fun with G27. That thing was not out of the box for over 4 months. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It might work well with consoles as it has little competition but I don't see it doing too well against the current batch of PC sims, it might attract in a few with it's good looks but good looks usually mean poor gameplay (from a sim perspective).

ScumLord wrote: »
    It might work well with consoles as it has little competition but I don't see it doing too well against the current batch of PC sims, it might attract in a few with it's good looks but good looks usually mean poor gameplay (from a sim perspective).

If it can match a portion of Forza's gameplay then I'll be all over it. Here's hoping that gameplay/looks are not exclusive to each other like you suggest.

The developer's honesty has to be commended though. To explain the recent delay, they simply said "to avoid competition". :)

It's going to be immense. You heard it here first!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 EdragonXX

If it can match a portion of Forza's gameplay then I'll be all over it. !

Not at all. Forza is super game compared with Crew.

EdragonXX wrote: »
    Not at all. Forza is super game compared with Crew.

I was referring to the upcoming Project Cars. I'm betting it will be a masterpiece.

Watching the footage and content of Horizon 2 has me longing for a One. :(

PVP seems to be working fine now on PC.

If it can match a portion of Forza's gameplay then I'll be all over it. Here's hoping that gameplay/looks are not exclusive to each other like you suggest.
    I don't know that it's really competing with the type of game forza is. PCars is going for simulation, I don't think Forza really qualifies as a sim in the same way. So PCars will be something new that hasn't been tried on consoles in a while. It will be interesting to see how it gets on. It could end up being an excellent sim but flop because of that because the console market just isn't used to a proper driving sim.

From what I've read on the PC version it's not quite up to the highest standards of physics in other PC sims so it's getting some bad press. It could flop on PC because it's not hardcore enough and flop on consoles for being too hardcore. Or it could find the perfect balance and work well on both. With sims you really need a wheel to make the most of it which could contribute to it failing on consoles.

I'll be in no rush to buy it, I've lost all interest in other driving games since assetto corsa. It's that good.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I don't know that it's really competing with the type of game forza is. PCars is going for simulation, I don't think Forza really qualifies as a sim in the same way. So PCars will be something new that hasn't been tried on consoles in a while. It will be interesting to see how it gets on. It could end up being an excellent sim but flop because of that because the console market just isn't used to a proper driving sim.

From what I've read on the PC version it's not quite up to the highest standards of physics in other PC sims so it's getting some bad press. It could flop on PC because it's not hardcore enough and flop on consoles for being too hardcore. Or it could find the perfect balance and work well on both. With sims you really need a wheel to make the most of it which could contribute to it failing on consoles.

I'll be in no rush to buy it, I've lost all interest in other driving games since assetto corsa. It's that good.

I don't know if you remember Race Pro on the 360? That game I felt got a nice balance between sim and accessibility without ever making the headlines, possibly because of your description above in bold. The gameplay was solid though.

My honest feeling is that PCars may be viewed in the same light which would be fine by me. It will never be a Forza or a Gran Turismo in terms of scale but once it offers an enjoyable on-track experience I'll be happy.

They have got the track list nailed down at least!:pac:

• Advertisement

I don't know if you remember Race Pro on the 360?
    No, PC for life bro, been that way since I were a little un.
    My honest feeling is that PCars may be viewed in the same light which would be fine by me. It will never be a Forza or a Gran Turismo in terms of scale but once it offers an enjoyable on-track experience I'll be happy.

They have got the track list nailed down at least!:pac:
    It could be good, the PC comments I've heard on it say it's there or there about in terms of a PC sim. I've heard enough positive and negative comments to think that it's at least not terrible.

A massive list of cars at launch isn't necessarily a good thing though. It could just be the case that every car is essentially the same with slightly different parameters. Unlike other sims where each car feels completely different.

For me it would have to be something utterly fantastic to stop me playing AC. I've put over 300 hours into that sim, so at this stage I'm committed to the sim.

Advertisement