Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

I ran lexington over and over during global even to try get the last striker piece I needed. Gave up on last night of GE and turned PS4 off. 10 min later I thought 'feck it', turned it back on, ran lex 4 times bought 2 caches and got my striker mask. Praise RNGesus!

Loving the 6 piece. Built it for PvP with crit but melts in PvE too.

Now to get an SASG and a cronus max and play like everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Does anyone have an idiots guide to gear sets?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Keyzer wrote: »
    Does anyone have an idiots guide to gear sets?

Zero posted a chart a page or two ago that sets out what each piece does. After that it's all about building them. While you can mess up a build there's generally more than one way to go. Youtube has tons of guides on how to build specific sets but if you have any particular questions we'll try to answer them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Zero posted a chart a page or two ago that sets out what each piece does. After that it's all about building them. While you can mess up a build there's generally more than one way to go. Youtube has tons of guides on how to build specific sets but if you have any particular questions we'll try to answer them.

First of my dumb questions: where to find these items? Incursions?

The best place to get them is in Global Events. These are currently running from Thursday to Monday each week and reward specific gear sets. This week it's Predator's Mark, D3FNC and Nomad. If you run something like Lexington challenging you can get just under 800 GE credits per run and each run taking around 8 minutes. Once you have 1500 GE credits you can buy GE caches in the Base for 1500 which have a 57.1% chance of rewarding you with some classified gear. Some caches give nothing some give two pieces and if you're lucky you can get three. It is RNG though.

Other than this they are hard to come by. Named enemies have a 2-3% chance of dropping them in the LZ or DZ. DZ drop rate seems higher. Contaminated events in the DZ seem to have a high drop rate. Similar drop rates from Hunters in the Underground.
    You can get them from green caches purchased for phoenix credits but drop rate is low 2-3%? The drop rate out in the wild is set to be improved following the April patch.. For the moment it is pretty bleak but you have the GEs which are good.

Resistance is a good way of getting them. Again a 57% chance (I think) when you open a specific chest and resistance caches drop them too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

I think he means gear sets in general, not classifieds. In that case just play whetever you find fun and the gearsets will drop, you can worry about classifieds later.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,676 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm gonna run through Lex, get familiar with the layout for Thursday night. I've only played one Challenging level on an incursion, I felt like a character plucked out of the sims and dropped into dark souls. Hopefully I'm a bit more prepared for it now. I take it Lex runs are almost speed runs as well to get them over with quickly?

ah yea I remember when challenging came out first was doing that one in the Queen's Tunnel. Everything was going fine when suddenly we got steamrollered by a wave of shotgunners. WTF? Could not get past it.
    Things are a lot simpler now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Which incursion would I try to do as a first proper one? I have a decent classified striker with almost maxed out Bullfrog.

Would like to try legendary missions too.

Dragon's Nest is the easiest incursion imo. Clear Sky people will tell you but these are people that run it in co-ordinated groups. You could run Dragon's nest with three reasonably intelligent monkeys.......probably

Any of the legendries are doable with randoms. They can all go wrong but Times Square is probably the easiest. The trick with legendries is not to take any chances. Things go bad when some clown (typically me) tries to be the hero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

You could run Dragon's nest with three reasonably intelligent monkeys.......probably

You did when you ran it with us anyway ha ha

Tazzimus wrote: »
    You did when you ran it with us anyway ha ha

That was a walk in the park compared to some of the runs I've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

So how are you six set classified noobs getting on with your new striker/reclaimer or should you run it Sentry Gear Sets :)

I certainly noticed a big difference once I started getting them but even more so when building and optimising the required talents. The div tech grind is the time consuming thing but this should change in the April patch.

Noob....how dare you... I'm a 6 week veteran of this game :D

Definitely a big improvement since I put the Striker build together. Before that I was just equipping whatever gear increased my primary attributes and ended up with an agent with feic all firepower and a lot of stamina and electronics and taking forever to wear down armoured enemies as I wasn't even taking full advantage of the increased Electronics.

Still optimising him but definitely a lot more fun. Only really tried him in the GE last weekend so interested to see how he fares in normal gameplay with Resistance and the likes.

Managed to pick up a classified Reclaimer set too without really realising it so another build to mess about with. Are folks on here saving down builds on one character or levelling up a few characters and having a build for each? Not sure I could go through levelling another character now, at least not for a while.

Conventional wisdom would suggest the way to build a striker is 6K or 9K stam with the rest into FA and not to touch electronics. Electronics is only really good on electronics builds I think.

I like having four characters. It lets me run multiple weekly events and mixes things up without messing about with loadouts. My main is built towards FA so I can put all the guns with FA talents on that one, 2 of my builds are stam based and the last is electronics. I have striker and nomad on my main. Firecrest/Tactician and Reclaimer on the electronics and the others are for defence and predator. I've really just run four builds. It's grindy but I made the four over a period of months.

Conventional wisdom would suggest the way to build a striker is 6K or 9K stam with the rest into FA and not to touch electronics. Electronics is only really good on electronics builds I think.

I like having four characters. It lets me run multiple weekly events and mixes things up without messing about with loadouts. My main is built towards FA so I can put all the guns with FA talents on that one, 2 of my builds are stam based and the last is electronics. I have striker and nomad on my main. Firecrest/Tactician and Reclaimer on the electronics and the others are for defence and predator. I've really just run four builds. It's grindy but I made the four over a period of months.

The electronics thing was pre-striker last week when I didn't have a clue what way I was going to go with build. My Striker now has +6k firearms and +6k stamina.

Researching builds last week and apparently having Predatory on one of your guns will make up for not putting 9k into Stamina.

Will look into putting Reclaimer together next cos thats the only other full classified set I have but want to optimise the Striker first.

Any tips on the final hall in lex (speed wise), it's handy but I'm finding it hard to see how the whole level can be done in 8 minutes.

are you running it solo? you'd be better off matchmaking with randoms,. I'm guessing it's 8 minutes as I generally run one from zero to 10K credits to get the reward for GE credits in an hour and got 6300+ last one. It would have been quicker with the modifier now I think of it, the GE modifiers usually make for a faster run.

the other challenging one you can speed run is the Hudson Camp, you can run past a lot of it but I feel Lex is a bit quicker. Did a few runs of Hudson and it felt like some kind of track and field videogame.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

skerry wrote: »
    Are folks on here saving down builds on one character or levelling up a few characters and having a build for each? Not sure I could go through levelling another character now, at least not for a while.

I just use loadouts. I have 4 chars, and like gimli used them for multiple weeklies but that was when premium currencies like Phoenix credits were much more limited. Nowadays I'm too lazy to switch between them, and I like the flexibility of switching roles on the fly.

Had my first go at a challenging mission, jumped into Lex with 3 randomers, 12 minutes later I'm out the other side with since nice gear sets. It was an absolute blast. I was running around like a headless chicken at the start, explosions and fire everywhere but came into my own when we got upstairs.

The AR barely moved when I fired, best stability I ever had on it. Had signed new gear sets before the mission and then again after it. Sure enough, next mission my AR was jumping around again. I'm gonna ignore numbers from now on and got with attributes, that Stability made a huge difference.

Also, what's the skill that auto heals/revives everyone? A guy did it and revived a go at the other side of the room, hadn't seen it before.

I know this video would probably look normal to ye but was absolute madness from my perspective.

Thank god, you saved Ramos!

That skill is Recovery Link btw (ultimate medical).

• Advertisement

I'm addicted to Lex challenge runs :pac:

Have a 3 piece striker and anything that helps stability and it's smooth as butter. Really is like a whole new game with sets. Will have to try a legendary mission.

I even changed my pulse to flame turret to camp on spawn points, learning a lot from these other players.

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Have a 3 piece striker and anything that helps stability and it's smooth as butter. Really is like a whole new game with sets. Will have to try a legendary mission.

I even changed my pulse to flame turret to camp on spawn points, learning a lot from these other players.

Did you enable Wildfire aswell ?
    This is a very handy out-of-game skill reference and calculator btw, https://division.zone/skill-calculator/skills/pulse/

Wait until you get a Nomad set, takes the Cover out of cover-shooter :). One of the reasons for the games longevity is how much certain sets can change the way you play it fairly drastically.

I'll run legendries with you at the weekend if you're having any issue but there easy enough with randoms. Wait until you get a six set striker, it's a huge difference to a five piece.

Creed, no definitely gonna apply wildfire next.

Sound Gimli, mind adding me to that psn message group again please?

Creed, no definitely gonna apply wildfire next.

Sound Gimli, mind adding me to that psn message group again please?

yeah I'll do it when I go home, it's pretty dead at this point. Watched your Lex run. One rookie mistake. Anyone going to the ammo box outside the first lift gets left behind. This always makes me laugh 'cos I'm a horrible person.
    Stability on the striker is crazy I really should use it more but it's competing with nomad on that character. If you can get an MDR it would be a good AR to run with the fire turret and with the LWM4. Just make sure you roll gloves to AR damage.
    The fact that you broke away in the main hall to revive your fallen comrade was impressive, that's the attitude you want to see in legendries :) You actually had a survival link you could have popped but the revive box was the right call.
    Someone also had tac link which gives extra damage and rof which is a good super to run on Lex. Most people run survivor

Watched your Lex run. One rookie mistake. Anyone going to the ammo box outside the first lift gets left behind. This always makes me laugh 'cos I'm a horrible person.
    Stability on the striker is crazy I really should use it more but it's competing with nomad on that character. If you can get an MDR it would be a good AR to run with the fire turret and with the LWM4. Just make sure you roll gloves to AR damage.
    The fact that you broke away in the main hall to revive your fallen comrade was impressive, that's the attitude you want to see in legendries :) You actually had a survival link you could have popped but the revive box was the right call.
    Someone also had tac link which gives extra damage and rof which is a good super to run on Lex. Most people run survivor

HA thanks for watching :D I'll remember that about the first ammo box in future. Wehn I saw your man downed, I had to take a second to figure out what to do but no man left behind, semper fi and all that :) I didn't know at that point my recovery link revived my team and before this weekend, I wouldn't have even used the support box only for recommendations on here.

Ah Tac Link makes a lot of sense, didn't know how I was causing so much damage at some points.

One funny bit, on the roof when they were camping the spawn point in the corner, I didn't know what we were doing there and was facing the wrong way when the door opened and all hell broke loose. one of the many panicked moments but in all my Lex runs so far (about 6), we've had no deaths, used no medkits and minimal heals.

Definitely gonna grind a mask this weekend, feel noobish without one.

Probably been asked already folks, but what's the best value for time way to farm exotics? Hoping to spend my midweek game time hunting for exotics before some more GE this weekend.

I logged on last night and did Hudson on hard and a few LZ Bosses and Resistance. Made it to wave 9 in Resistance but as a game mode its only OK and can be quite frustrating solo. No real loot of note either. Might try Underground this evening if I get on.

Legendary missions and Heroic Incursions drop one guaranteed exotic per week per character, some of them can be difficult but this is the best way.

The weekly Underground and Weekly LZ missions are an easy way to get an exotic as there's always one in the weekly cache. This is a lot more time consuming.

Resistance is pretty good but heavily RNG dependant. I believe the 900 credit GE caches have an increased chance of an exotic but wouldn't recommend them as you are reducing your classified drop rate.

DZ farming landmarks and contamination events are ok but be prepared to be very scared when you're in there alone and find a house.

Once the April update goes live drop rates will increase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Legendary missions and Heroic Incursions drop one guaranteed exotic per week per character, some of them can be difficult but this is the best way.

Hmpf! The Showstopper does not exist. It's a myth gun added by massive as a practical joke for anyone trying to get it.

You think you have the Showstopper but no, you do not. What you have is a painted stick.

:(:( I've been farming for months and that ****ing weapon never drops for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

skerry wrote: »
    Probably been asked already folks, but what's the best value for time way to farm exotics? Hoping to spend my midweek game time hunting for exotics before some more GE this weekend.

I logged on last night and did Hudson on hard and a few LZ Bosses and Resistance. Made it to wave 9 in Resistance but as a game mode its only OK and can be quite frustrating solo. No real loot of note either. Might try Underground this evening if I get on.

I'll be on tonight probably, i'll be running the weekly heroic on times square at least, we can get a couple of randoms if you are on

Advertisement