Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Hmpf! The Showstopper does not exist. It's a myth gun added by massive as a practical joke for anyone trying to get it.

You think you have the Showstopper but no, you do not. What you have is a painted stick.

:(:( I've been farming for months and that ****ing weapon never drops for me.

I had 2 drop last weekend, one from a GE cache and one from boss NPC drop in a Lexington run. RNG is a cruel mistress.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yes RNG can be cruel. I have been running 20 legendries/Incursions a week for months and don't remember a showstopper dropping from the caches. I do have a few, certain I picked up some from GE caches and running Lex.

mossym wrote: »
    I'll be on tonight probably, i'll be running the weekly heroic on times square at least, we can get a couple of randoms if you are on

Sound, if I see you on I'll ping you so. Hoping to get on for an hour.Would be nice to get a couple of decent exotics in the inventory. Have Medved, Showstopper and Historian at the moment weapons wise but a nice AR or SMG would be nice for my Striker.

LWM4/LVOA are as good as any exotic AR. Aside from the House the exotic SMGs won't blow you away. MP7 is very good for burst damage and should get stacks up very fast, a lot of people like the MP5 and AUG but I've never really used them.
    The following exotics are worth having imo House, MDR, Bullfrog, Big Alejandro and the Warlord. Warlord's probably the weakest of the lot but there's something very cool about it. Of course you have to get good rolls on them for them to be wantable.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    LWM4/LVOA are as good as any exotic AR. Aside from the House the exotic SMGs won't blow you away. MP7 is very good for burst damage and should get stacks up very fast, a lot of people like the MP5 and AUG but I've never really used them.

Have a nice LVOAC with good roll but dropped just after I reached LVL30 so Gear Score is low. Hoping for another one to drop or a good roll on an LWM4.

Running an AR (can't remember which one) and SASG at the moment but thinking a nice SMG would be better instead of the SASG for stacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,676 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I haven't found any exotics yet, no fancy weapons or clothes for me. Hopefully will change this weekend

when a boss drops an exotic or classified there's a specific sound that accompanies it. I'd never heard it before until someone told me now it's all I hear. I'll know immediately if an exotic or classified drops even if I'm not looking in the right direction.

some tweet from a Game in the UK suggesting The Division 2 could launch this year. Reddit has exploded in scepticism (well 5 comments but I'm very sceptical.)
    The sequel should be out a lot quicker than the original but find it hard to believe it would be out this year.

Can't see it releasing this year, would say early next year but definitely wouldn't complain. I wonder is it gonna be snowy again. I think they'll have to change that up even though the different levels of snow are brilliant, really adds to the environment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

2021 I'd say.

• Advertisement

what's your psn zero? Alternatively add me gimli2112

gimli2112 wrote: »
    what's your psn zero? Alternatively add me gimli2112

Sheehy83, added you now, cheers.

just had a rough run in Napalm, I'm starting to think there is no other kind. Was sure we were wiped but someone came in and got us up right at the buzzer. Then I was downstairs sniping two shield guys, look up and everyone else is dead, no idea how long for and I'm sitting on a survival link. It got easy again once there were four of us. Exotic cache . . . . . .golden rhino.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

Never completed a legendary mission before, but got my 6 piece striker on the GE and finished Warrengate and Times Square today fairly handy. Also got to level 23 on resistance, my best ever was 14.
    Either striker is awesome or ramdomers are getting better.
    Must give Napalm a go later.

yeah randoms are getting stronger, I may try stolen signal again soon. Napalms the longest legendary and the boss fight can get hairy but it's good fun. I'm typically running them on the weekend you're free to join if you see me on.

Reading the mask requirements for the next strike, you have to kill 150 bosses for the jungle mask. Is that like doing lex 150 times and do you have to have the kill shot?

Description Complete a Strike Mission without taking explosion damage from an ally.
    Objective [ ] Completed a mission during Strike with the specified conditions.
    Conditions - World Tier 5
    - Hard difficulty (or above)
    - Tactical Strike
    - In a group
    Total Reward Points -/-
    Reward Patch / Mask 'Classic' Mask

Description Complete a Strike activity without taking any explosion damage.
    Objective [ ] Completed a Strike activity with the specified conditions.
    Conditions - World Tier 5
    - Hard difficulty (or above)
    - Pre-emptive or Tactical Strike
    Total Reward Points -/-
    Reward Patch / Mask 'Rider' Mask

Description Kill 150 Riker Bosses during Strike.
    Stages (4) 10/50/100/150
    Total Reward Points -/-
    Reward Patch / Mask 'Jungle' Mask

I have the first two and they're pretty easy. The Jungle one you have to get the kill shot on the boss. You have to commit though, no point getting to 85 and then saying feck this.
    You could do Lex solo on hard, get to the boss level, kill her and die. Rinse and repeat for around 2 hours and you're there.
    I'm not sure I want the mask that much.......no I am sure I don't want it that much

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i'd wager we'll see division 2 early 2019. seems to be the most popular guess with the streamers who were in the first 2 task forces. speculation that it'll need to be another east coast city, close to new york, set in the weeks after the first one to accommodate the spread of virus story

After completely bossing Lex with my 4 piece striker, said I'd move into legendary mission in times Square. What the absolute **** is that about. Following the lead of the other 3 guys, ran into a little box room at the start and fought off guys for what felt like an eternity. We eventually made it to the end of the big road to plug in the relay, screen went all static and all of us wiped out, I didn't even see how it happened. Might leave legends for another bit. I'm

Seems odd, you mean the screen froze and everyone died? Did it spawn you all at the back of the area or did it just stay static? Never seen that before. Legendries take a good bit longer than challenging missions, maybe 30-40 minutes but can be longer if things go wrong.

• Advertisement

Naw I got shot to **** but didn't see by who, looked around and everyone else was downed. Didn't expect the time you'd have to commit to it. Makes sense though with the rewards on offer. Will attempt it again after this GE.

Question about classifieds. Can I only make a 4 piece set atm but can make a 6 piece with classifieds? Can I add 2 classified strikers into my 4 piece striker or do I need all 6 classified?

Lol, I'll protect you but yes you do need to set aside some time for them.

You need all 5 or 6 pieces to be classified in order to unlock the 5 or 6 piece bonuses for a classified set.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Ran times square with rando's last night. They all kept rushing the enemies at the final part after plugging in the relay.
    We seemed to have one sort of reclaimer, and one chap who thought it was still the assault GE running around doing not much with a showstopper.

Took a few wipes to realise hanging back and letting them come to you, like I was doing, was the better option.

Got 263 sportsbow kneepads for my troubles...

Ran Times Square with Mossym last night. Enemies are tough as hell and just don't stop moving cover. Joined Mossym's group first and tried to make it across the room to the team and got shotgunned and that was the end of me.

We restarted and ran it again with a couple more lads who seemed a bit more on the ball, Reclaimer and Sentry I think (but I could be corrected on that). You definitely have to take your time with the enemies, they just keep on coming and trying to flank a lot more than usual.

Good fun though. Was hoping for a nice new pew pew but got a pair of Skulls MC Gloves for my efforts which I didn't exactly jump around the room about :(

Yeh the enemies are actually clever at that level. They use cover a lot more and will flank you if you're not paying attention.

Medics are the biggest pain as well. There was two lunchboxes down and we couldn't damage the enemies at all while they were about

I started the last GE trying Lex on hard solo and had trouble with the main hall. With the amount of gear I got over the last week (no classifieds yet), said I'd try it again and absolutely waltzed through it, nice to get an idea of progress being made.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Yeh the enemies are actually clever at that level. They use cover a lot more and will flank you if you're not paying attention.

Medics are the biggest pain as well. There was two lunchboxes down and we couldn't damage the enemies at all while they were about

Don't know how many times I had one down to a sliver of health and they just peg off into different cover and most likely appear right beside you a minute later.

Boss at the end was an absolute bullet sponge too. It was only when we got other NPCs cleared and could all focus on him that we did any real damage.

Must try chip away at the Weekly Assignments now and see what crappy exotic that lands me with.

skerry wrote: »
    Don't know how many times I had one down to a sliver of health and they just peg off into different cover and most likely appear right beside you a minute later.

Boss at the end was an absolute bullet sponge too. It was only when we got other NPCs cleared and could all focus on him that we did any real damage.

Must try chip away at the Weekly Assignments now and see what crappy exotic that lands me with.
    The heavy guy or the sniper?
    The heavy is immune to damage except for his ammo pouch, need to hit that 50 times or something to set it off and kill him.

Best option is to clear everything else out before you focus on him, that way you can surround him without fear of being whooped by other enemies. He's not too dangerous anyway

Tazzimus wrote: »
    The heavy guy or the sniper?
    The heavy is immune to damage except for his ammo pouch, need to hit that 50 times or something to set it off and kill him.

Best option is to clear everything else out before you focus on him, that way you can surround him without fear of being whooped by other enemies. He's not too dangerous anyway

Yeah, mossym had told me about the weak spot alright....didn't stop me unloading about 200 rounds into his face just to be sure though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Depending on how long they've been working on the sequel (which is all development time for the first game plus all the updates since ;-), it could be out quite soon.

Would be nice to see a completely different city - London would be cool but I don't know how the narrative would work? Follow on from first game or a new breed of mad people burning the place down.

Advertisement