Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killer Instinct Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Rash too OP....

The Arbiter Trailer

The trailer was revealed during the "Halo World Championship". Pretty cool addition to the KI roster.

What do you guys think?.... anyone there?...

3436511.gif

1314194533528.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

When's PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Whens Akuma being added?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

2gen wrote: »
    The Arbiter Trailer

The trailer was revealed during the "Halo World Championship". Pretty cool addition to the KI roster.

3436511.gif

1314194533528.jpg

Hate the inclusion of Rash. Hate the inclusion of Arbiter.

"Let's wedge as many self promoting MS characters as we can into the game."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭spriral

2gen wrote: »
    The Arbiter Trailer

3436511.gif

1314194533528.jpg

I got nothing out of that.

It looked more like a trailer for the stage than the actual character.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Yeah, Arbiter seems boring as heck in this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sairus wrote: »
    Yeah, Arbiter seems boring as heck in this.

It's boring, it's self-serving and, worst of all, does not fit into the game world.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    It's boring, it's self-serving and, worst of all, does not fit into the game world.

I'm not the biggest fan of FGs bringing in guest characters myself but you can't deny that this was a smart move by MS/IG. Considering that they showed off this trailer to the 25,000 people who where watching the "Halo World Championship" (+ the 1000s of other fans seeing it later on youtube) in order to entice Halo players to give the game a shot.

Unfortunatly for KI, it is in direact competition with SFV, KOF14 and maybe even Tekken 7 (don't know if it's been confirmed to be exclusive to PS4 or just rumoured) so they really need to attract as many ppl as possible. MKX would have still sold crazy numbers just based on the name itself but with their guest characters they succeeded in becoming one of the best sold FGs in recent times.

I would say the Arbiter is a better fit in the KI universe than Rash however since we already have an alien (Glacius) in its lore. Personally I'm alright with him being there, but I guess that's because I've been a Halo fan since the 1st game.
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    When's PC?

Sometime in March, the exact date hasn't been announced yet.

I actually think ol' Arby fits the game world really well. I mean obviously he's not canon in either game or whatever, but just as a straight up Alien Warrior with Laser Sword and Cloaking Device he's a very solid fit for Killer Instinct.
    I mean basically anything goes in KI so pretty much every kind of character can be slotted in thematically to it, aside from really random stuff like Rash.

Having said that he still just looks mad boring to play!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Always been a fan of Arbiter myself so it's cool to see him get a guest spot.

But yeah, the trailer didn't really set my world on fire. Maybe once we see some match footage he'll look a bit better hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Anything fits into Killer Instinct fine.

I loved the first two arcade games back in the day, but in all fairness, the characters are either completely stock archetypes (the martial artist, the sexy girl, the black boxer, an indian, a skeleton, a werewolf) or stolen from movies popular with that generation (the Predator, Jurassic park, the T-1000, Conan).

No character can every "ruin" Killer Instinct because the theme is already all over the place.

....unless they add Platinum from Blazblue.

She insta-ruins everything.

Anything fits into Killer Instinct fine.

I loved the first two arcade games back in the day, but in all fairness, the characters are either completely stock archetypes (the martial artist, the sexy girl, the black boxer, an indian, a skeleton, a werewolf) or stolen from movies popular with that generation (the Predator, Jurassic park, the T-1000, Conan).

No character can every "ruin" Killer Instinct because the theme is already all over the place.

....unless they add Platinum from Blazblue.

She insta-ruins everything.

I now want Iron Galaxy to design a magical girl.
    IDK
    Base her on Homu.

An IG Magical Girl would actually be hilarious and awesome. Season 3 plz.

Tusk Teaser

I'm pretty hyped after seeing this which is surprising considering that I always thought this character was pretty lame back in the day. Can't wait to see how he plays.

I also came across this...

Cb_2fe2WwAEwM7z.jpg:small

This is pretty sick. If it's real and if I didn't already have an XBO I'd be looking everywhere for this bundle.

Iron Galaxy Live Stream Today

Hey guys, Iron Galaxy will be doing their character breakdown stream for Arbiter and Tusk tonight at 10pm Irish time (4pm CST). Iron Galaxy may also give more info in regards to the PC release/Season 3 release later this month.

For anyone who wants to check this out you can just click the following link

http://www.twitch.tv/killerinstinct

Also IGN just released some gameplay footage of Arbiter and Tusk (yeah his looks aren't the best)

The Arbiter Stream Archive

The Arbiter stream archive was uploaded on youtube so I thought I'd leave it here for those who missed it.

The full character breakdown starts at 13:20.

And for those who are "Third Strike" fans skip ahead to 38:07 ...

I'm pleasantly surprised with this character, another win for Iron Galaxy IMO.

IG Tusk Breakdown Stream Tonight

For those who may be up late tonight, Iron Galaxy with be showing a detailed breakdown of the character Tusk like they did with the Arbiter earlier this week.

It will start at 1am (7pm CST) on http://www.twitch.tv/KillerInstinct

The Iron Galaxy streams are usually 1 hour long so you can expect things to wrap up just a little after 2am.

Tusk Stream

Breakdown starts 7:25

Tusk's Stage/Tusk vs Jago 39:14
    Tusk vs TJ Combo 49:56
    Tusk vs Arbiter 53:10
    Rash vs Spinal 1:00:35
    Tusk vs Fulgore 1:34:15
    Hisako vs Tusk 1:14:20

New KI Action Figure collectibles 1:27:05

Two characters, a new game mode and the new character selection screen have just been leaked.

http://shoryuken.com/2016/03/10/killer-instinct-leaks-reveal-more-of-season-3-cast/

In all honesty I'm disappointed that they actually put in a third guest character but I understand why they'd do it. I just hope my first impressions change once I see them in action like how the Arbiter gameplay changed my mind on his inclusion.

• Advertisement

I'm actually super excited to see what they do with RAAM.

Season 3 Music: Behind the Scenes

When it was announced that Mick Gordon wasn't going to continue with the soundtrack of KI a lot of fans were worried the new guys wouldn't be able to produce music to the same standard to that in S1 and S2. Fortunately these guys are producing some pretty awesome themes.

Tusk's video should be released in the upcoming week.

Also i remember people weren't too impressed with Kim Wu's face at casuals so I thought I'd leave this pic to show the progress of her model before S3's release on the 29th of March.

49b203fe89f3a72c4ad91fce15ad407458647eaf.jpg

Tusk looks like Maximillian's fantasy self-insert.

Killer Instinct PC Bundles + Mira Teaser

image-1024x576.jpg

Killer Instinct will be released for PC (Only on Windows 10) on the 29/3 which will be cross-play with XBO users. So for anyone who'd be interested in trying the game out I've listed some of the the bundles that will be available on launch day below.

"Free to Play": You get all the modes (including online VS modes, tutorial mode, arcade, survival, practice) for free, however you can only play the character that is currently available which rotates every week or month (can't remember which) kind of like LoL.

"Single Character": If you don't want to have to wait for that one character you can always buy them individually for about €5 each. In this case I'd recommend you get Jago who is essentially the Ryu for Killer Instinct if you want to learn the game the way many did for SF4.

"Supreme Edition": If you just want to buy the whole three seasons which includes 25 characters this is the way to go which will cost €50. This will include all the characters and their alt costumes. The only thing that will be missing are the Classic KI 1 and 2 ports which, imo, you're not going to miss out on anything.

For more info on the games PC release just click on the link below.

http://www.ultra-combo.com/killer-instinct-season-3-pricing-details/

Note: all your old arcade sticks that work on PC will work for KI.

To finish off, I'll leave the teaser for the next character here.

So, if I have the first 2 seasons on xbone, do I just buy season 3 on PC or do I get it for xbone? I heard my save doesn't transfer over unless I get S3 and install it on xbone first???

Rob2D wrote: »
    So, if I have the first 2 seasons on xbone, do I just buy season 3 on PC or do I get it for xbone? I heard my save doesn't transfer over unless I get S3 and install it on xbone first???

The game is cross-play and cross-buy meaning that if you buy the game for one platform you'll have it for the other for free, you just need to sign in as the same microsoft account. So that would mean all your saved data on your XBO will transfer to your Win10 PC.

edit: just came across this from the FAQs on the the official website. hope it helps.

"Content purchased on the Xbox One will work on the Windows 10 version of Killer Instinct as long as you are signed in with your Gamertag which originally purchased said content. However, if you have an existing save file on Xbox One, and you wish to transfer your progress over to Windows 10, you WILL need to log in to and play Killer Instinct when the Season 3 update has launched from an Xbox One in order to properly migrate your save to Windows 10"

Ah so I just need to log in post update. That's grand so.

This is Windows 10 Store exclusive, right?

:(

Considering what a joke Gears of War Ultimate turned out, I may just have to give it a miss after all.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    This is Windows 10 Store exclusive, right?

:(

Considering what a joke Gears of War Ultimate turned out, I may just have to give it a miss after all.

Yeah I can't even download it on my home PC. Windows store is just horrid. GFWL all over again.

• Advertisement

Rob2D wrote: »
    Yeah I can't even download it on my home PC. Windows store is just horrid. GFWL all over again.

It's worse than GFWL, each program is a self-contained "app" which prevents a lot of GPU customization for better performance.

Advertisement