Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killer Instinct Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Killer Instinct at Combo Breaker

KI%20Combo%20Breaker%20Bonus.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1431454464381

Friday:
    11:00pm
    C1/C2 Pool
    http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

Sunday:
    5:45am
    KI Saucy Suite + ARIA Reveal

5:00pm
    16 to Top 8
    http://www.twitch.tv/bgcallisto

8:00PM
    Top 8

There is currently 104 players signed up through pre-registration but the number might go up slightly with people signing up at the door. This will be the biggest offline event since Evo.

Full Schedule: http://combobreaker.org/schedule/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

You know you're backing a dodgy horse when even a $10,000 pot gets you less players than Skullgirls :pac:

Real talk though, Combo Breaker is looking pretty great. Really neat sounding event. 24 hour access and dedicated casuals stations for every main game throughout. Fairly beast setup.

CFoQIhTUIAAZiIy.jpg

CFoCxXNWEAI1Qgj.jpg

CFoKfj5UMAASVM8.jpg

"Shakey Cam" pictures of ARIA now showing up on twitter.

ARIA Reveal and Gameplay

She is the final character of Season 2 and is the boss of the game.

ARIA Reveal Trailer

• Advertisement

The ARIA Patch

The latest patch was one of the bigger ones in terms of new content added.

Classic Cinder Alt

Alt Costume for Hisako

New character ARIA

"Shadow mode" was also added. For more info watch the video below.

Top 32 Online Tournament for May

CG2q8XjVIAAgsp5.jpg

The top 32 comparators of the month of May are about to take part in an online double-elimination tournament.

The event will be streamed here -> http://www.twitch.tv/killerinstinct

Brackets can be found here -> http://challonge.com/TOP32Killers3

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

So, PC release turns out to be true.

Good to see I suppose. I'll probably buy it to support it and then not really play this version either :pac:

Rob2D wrote: »
    So, PC release turns out to be true.

Good to see I suppose. I'll probably buy it to support it and then not really play this version either :pac:

The game is cross-buy so if you bought it on your X1 you'll have it on your Windows 10 pc as well for free. Also your old sticks will work on the PC.

This is great news! Yesterday I hear that Shenmue is coming back after 14 years and now the game I've been wanting to play with people will become more available for those not too keen on buying the X1. Also more news on KI's future later today! This E3 has been crazy.

Now just waiting on that El Fuerte announcement for SFV .... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I'll definitely pick it up for PC but the 2016 release is going to see it suffer with SFV coming too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Cool, I'll buy it on PC for definite.

Season Two Season Finale Trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Great to hear it'll finally come to PC but I fear it's much too late with SFV on the scene by then.

Great to hear it'll finally come to PC but I fear it's much too late with SFV on the scene by then.

With KI just coming back after 17 years I don't see it growing to the size of the SF scene anytime soon, however I don't see SFV completely destroying KI's potential in growing now that it's on PC with cross play.

With KI's solid game play (yet different from SF), solid netcode and it's cheap "free to play" model there's no real reason not to at least try it.

Also people can easily play more than 1 game at a time. It's a real shame that there's this "us vs them" mentality in the FGC. Now that there's crazy pot bonuses for both games why not compete in both (that is if you enjoy KI)?

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Its not really a case of us versus them, its just a case of not having the time to invest in more than 1 competitive fighting game at a time and juggle real life commitments. If your into gaming in general and play other genres then you will even be more time constrained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I'll buy it, have a nostalgia trip, play around and learn the basics - but I don't expect it to escalate beyond poverty game status.

I've time to do maybe a tenth of the things I want to be doing, can't be spending it trying to get good at games nobody else plays unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JaySPD

can't be spending it trying to get good at games nobody else plays unfortunately.

Well now i have my pc im gonna get it and marcus is gonna get it so thats at least two and you know Cobelcog will goof about with it :P

Official TJ Combo Theme and The Latest 8BB

Mick Gordon released the official version of TJ's theme. He plans on releasing the Season 2 soundtrack in full soon.

The latest edition of the online tournament "The 8Bit Beatdown" with some awesome Aganos action.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

So this is pretty much garaunteed to be a Windows 10 exclusive, isn't it?

Ro3lAqE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

So this is pretty much garaunteed to be a Windows 10 exclusive, isn't it?

Ro3lAqE.jpg

Windows 10 is free if you have Win7/8/8.1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^ I do... full priced copy and everything... but I really don't want to go near MC anymore after they've taken the apple approach of "Be in our eco so you can't escape!". I feel like I should stay away while I can. That said, if I do manage to get this extra SSD for Linux I could possibly keep W10 on a smaller HDD for games that absolutely will not work anywhere else. Tekken 7 and Killer Instict on a W10 HDD on the side sounds like a nice way to go about things, especially if cross-play with Xbox users is actually not garbage.

I really don't know yet, though.

Killer Instinct Top 8 at CEO 2015

Some excellent matches from some of the best KI players atm.

*Warning: Max on commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

€32 for the Complete Collection was too good to turn down. Now to see if I remember anything about fighting games.

Killer Instinct on UltraChenTV

Ultra David and James Chen go over all the characters in KI with Sajam (aka FRQ_Steve). Sajam does an excellent job describing each character's abilities while at the same time keeping things light-hearted.

Once this stream archive is uploaded on to Youtube, I'll update this post for convenience.

http://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv/v/7304637

Start/Introduction - 11:05
    Game Mechanics/Changes from S1-S2 - 13:00

Jago and Sabrewulf - 36:40
    Thunder and Sadira - 51:07
    Glacius and Orchid - 1:02:50
    Fulgore and Spinal - 1:12:10
    TJ Combo and Maya - 1:35:06
    Riptor and Omen - 1:50:33
    Hisako and Aganos - 2:09:09
    Kan Ra and Cinder - 2:33:28
    ARIA - 3:01:52

Some character accessories - 3:29:17

UltraChenTv Killer Instinct Podcast (now on Youtube)

Ultra David and James Chen talk to Sajam about the upcoming KI tournament at Evo 2015.

The Killer Instinct Pre-Evo Show

Also they just recently uploaded their KI breakdown podcast onto youtube so I'll just leave them here as well for whoever wants to watch.

First Attack podcast (which I linked in my previous post)

Killer Instinct at Evo 2015

KI pools have started. To watch just click the link http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo7

KI finals will be on later today on the main channel.

Warning: Max on commentary

Killer Instinct Top 8 Evo 2015

CKO1rFvWgAA87vE.jpg

KI will start right after Tekken top 8 on the main channel

http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1

The character variety is excellent as well!

Winners bracket
    LCD (Maya) vs. Guttermagic (Thunder)
    UA|MyGod (Sabrewulf) vs. Rico Suave (Fulgore, Thunder)

Losers bracket
    Domi (Cinder) vs. UA|Bass (Spinal)
    TheMaciagas (Sadira) vs. SleepNS (Kan-Ra)

We even have a Japanese player qualified! This should be a pretty sick Top 8... so don't let Maximilian on commentary scare you away :rolleyes:

Evo 2015 Top 8 Replay

This years top 8 was pretty entertaining with plenty of hype moments! Also don't let Maximilian scare you off if you're not a fan! He doesn't go into "dood bro" mode and does a good job explaining what's going on. Enjoy!

8Bit BeatDown 2/8/15

Another excellent showing at the weekly tournament The 8Bit BeatDown last weekend with 111 people signing up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The first character for Season 3 has been revealed!!!

Get hype????
    It's one of the battletoads with a comedy move set. No. Won't get hype. Get slightly embarrassed

Advertisement