Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killer Instinct Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Season 3 trailer was released last night. S3 will be available to download later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭spriral

Aside from the game being on the Windows 10 Store, the port is done well.

The game loads quickly on my 3 year old PC, minimum requirements will get you 60 fps, has the SF4 performance test before going online. Only thing missing from the graphics options is V-Sync. I don't know about specifics with input latency but I didn't notice any.

I like the graphical changes they did for Season 3 too, nice improvement.

My main problem with it is that Cross Buy hasn't been added yet, I can only play with the free character for the moment.

spriral wrote: »
    My main problem with it is that Cross Buy hasn't been added yet, I can only play with the free character for the moment.

Did you sign in with the same XBL gamer tag when signing onto the PC? because I bought S3 through my laptop and now it's sllllloooooowwwwwlllyyy downloading on my console. you may have to renew your XBL account (I didn't see the "ready to install" prompt on my XBO till I did).

2gen wrote: »
    Did you sign in with the same XBL gamer tag when signing onto the PC? because I bought S3 through my laptop and now it's sllllloooooowwwwwlllyyy downloading on my console. you may have to renew your XBL account (I didn't see the "ready to install" prompt on my XBO till I did).

They have a message at the main menu stating that they are adding it soon, along with Xbone Controller support and more hardware testing.

ley2Oja.png

I just checked the game there. Cross Buy seems to be added now but the same message is up in the menu.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

So the game is bugged for me. I updated on xbone and it told me my save file was updated for windows 10 use, great.

Went to log in in windows and it tells me I need to update my xbone save. WTF?!

Rob2D wrote: »

So the game is bugged for me. I updated on xbone and it told me my save file was updated for windows 10 use, great.

Went to log in in windows and it tells me I need to update my xbone save. WTF?!

What I found on the official KI forums.

"FPS ISSUES
    For those running 144hz monitors you may encounter an unlocked frame rate which results in unplayable speeds of the game. A work around is to set the monitor you are playing the game on to 60hz instead which should fix the issue and set the game back to default 60fps. Also make sure your Geforce Control Panel and AMD Catalyst are set to default Vysnc enabled

CONTENT SYNC ISSUES
    Some may be encountering the issue of switching from Xbox One to PC and not having their content properly moved over. They are working on a fix for this."

Hope it helps. There's a few threads on the bugs and possible solutions here

http://forums.ultra-combo.com/c/General-Discussion

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Well I may have found something. I went digging in the xbone menus, deep in those DARK DEPTHS, and went to the app manager for KI.

It showed me a list of what had been recently installed and then over on the right was a list of ready to be installed. It was about 150mb broken up between all the characters. So it installed all those one by one; I'm guessing it was balance updates???

Why it didn't install with the rest of the game is baffling. I actually had to go and manually download the character patches.

Hopefully that fixed the problem.

Character Breakdowns with Sajam

Sajam has just recently posted these excellent character breakdown videos which I thought would be good to leave here. As in his previous videos he explains each character in depth while being easy to listen to at the same time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Started back playing alst night and I am enjoying the changes to the mechanics. I have mained Maya for a while and, while I was initially dismayed by the removal of her high-damage pip ender, I'm enjoying the replacement as it adds so much to her overall game (and not just save the pips for one crazy piece of damage to end the round).

After messing with Tusk, I think I'm going to learn Kim Wu instead or...shudder...Arbiter.

• Advertisement

Mira Breakdown

CgqLO4vVEAEh4Cf.jpg:large

Mira Reveal Trailer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Only 23 days between posts. Safe to say this game is an utter waste of an opportunity. Great game, no hype.

Also, going to main Mira :D Maya will not be impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Only 23 days between posts. Safe to say this game is an utter waste of an opportunity. Great game, no hype.

It's failing was being exclusive to a console that doesn't have Street Fighter V and if rumours are to be believed, may not have Tekken 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

It's failing was being exclusive to a console that doesn't have Street Fighter V and if rumours are to be believed, may not have Tekken 7.

That and the worst timed PC release imaginable.

Had it been brought to PC while people were burnt out with SF4 they might at least have gotten some interest from people looking for something new to mess with while they wait for 5.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Making it a Windows 10/Windows Store exclusive has no doubt hurt the adoption rate on PC as well as its timing on PC coinciding with the release of SF V.

Having said the PC port was meant to be quite decent with only one significant bug relating to high refresh monitors and that's since been fixed with a patch.

I've heard this game is doing quite well on Xbox One overall. The fact that it got a third season would seem to indicate that.

Fighting games are a niche genre and we are in small country with small player base, very hard to get players to take up a fighting game that's not Smash or SF V. The game looks okay to me, I just don't have the time to commit to learning another fighting game.

Azza wrote: »
    Fighting games are a niche genre and we are in small country with small player base, very hard to get players to take up a fighting game that's not Smash or SF V.

He's losing it in his old age!

Texas Showdown 16 KI Top 8

LevelUp have just uploaded the Killer Instinct Top 8 matches which I thought I'd post it here for anyone interested. Plenty character variation (old and new) and some great matches. I'm aware that this top 8 is over 2 hours so I'd recommend watching the GF which starts at 2:00:00.

Mira Character Breakdown and Music

Gargos Teaser Pics

IG/MS have been posting teaser pictures on twitter of the upcoming KI2 boss Gargos. The pictures were originally blurred but a user on the ultra-combo forums has cleared up the pictures the best he could so that others could get a better look.

3794643e57c5ce1d2811d23f44c3981af2acb5a3.jpeg

30654176656418a03812b8c306c0562c61e7d539.jpg

53433385dfefaf69d8f5ed52dfa96b8ed8f3ffe5.jpg

641b7f8653fa2118b6903d5272c2ac38609ca556.png

From what's been seen so far people are expecting that Gargos will play similarly to MvC's Blackheart

More of the character should be revealed sometime next week.

• Advertisement

8Bit Beatdown S3W2 Tonight

The Top 16 of this weeks 8Bit Beatdown will be streamed tonight at 11pm. For anyone would like to see some high level KI play just click the following link

https://www.twitch.tv/8bitbeatdown

• Registered Users Posts: 29 duffsocks

I played a little over the weekend. Am I right in thinking that I have to learn everybody's auto-doubles before I can really play the game? I can get wins in ranked but it doesn't really feel like I'm playing the game.

Edit: Keep in mind that I'm a scrub, not complaining about the game.

I'd say it's more just learn the players tendencies so you can get your breakers in, using the Rock, Paper, Scissors system.

Unless the breaker system has changed massively since launch week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 duffsocks

There doesn't seem to be much time to learn their tendencies online with it's best of 1 format :/

duffsocks wrote: »
    I played a little over the weekend. Am I right in thinking that I have to learn everybody's auto-doubles before I can really play the game? I can get wins in ranked but it doesn't really feel like I'm playing the game.

The best thing to do is look at your own character while he/she is getting hit. Your character's hit animation differs depending on the strength of the auto double. This way you only have to memorize 3 animations as opposed to 138 different auto doubles.

Example -> https://fat.gfycat.com/RapidScentedFlicker.webm

Look how Cinder reels all the way back when getting hit by a H as opposed to a L.

Make sure to check out this guide. It literally covers everything you need to know for KI.

http://ki.infil.net/index.html

Gargos Reveal Stream 19/5

IG will be having their character breakdown stream for Gargos tomorrow (19/5) at 9pm on the official KI Twitch channel.

Edit: 10pm here ->https://www.twitch.tv/irongalaxy

With only 1 day to go until his reveal, IG/MS have uploaded these videos to give fans a taste of things to come.

Gargos Breakdown

He is easily the craziest character in KI

https://gfycat.com/EvenWindingLamprey

Combo Breaker 2016

Combo-Breaker-Logo-750x400.png?resize=640%2C300

Combo Breaker is seen as one of the KI's majors and will be hosting a tournament throughout Saturday.

For anyone who'd like to watch some high level KI, I've left a simple timetable below.

Team Spooky: Pools - 15:00

BGCallisto: Semis (Top 16 -> Top 8) - 21:00

Team Sp00ky: Top 8 - 01:00 (Sunday morning)

https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

https://www.twitch.tv/bgcallisto

ARIA, Gargos and Arbitor match videos

I thought I'd leave some match videos of characters that people have showed interest in during casuals. I'm waiting on the last 8bit Beatdown tournament to be uploaded to Youtube since there was some awesome Aganos and Omen play.

Edit: Here's some Arbitor matches as well.

Arbitor 1st match @ 4:00
    Arbitor 2nd match @ 2:00:55

and some more ARIA @ 1:31:22

• Advertisement

Omen, Aganos and Arbitor Tournament Play Footage

Omen (ToneriXSkate NS) @ 49:30, 2:07:08, 3:00:45, 3:28:00

Aganos (LetalisVenator) @ 58:05, 2:17:49, 3:00:45, 3:18:40

Arbitor (jayflip26) @ 58:50, 2:11:31, 3:04:00, 3:14:16, 3:32:20

There is a wide variety of characters in both these tournaments.

For more tournament footage on Youtube, check out these channels

One Six Studios: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBrQ9gOyyw41E6TEKp2dmBQ/videos

8BitBeatDown: https://www.youtube.com/user/Official8BBD/videos

mM9liO.gif

Advertisement