Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 Is Finally HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (PICS/VID)

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I know changing conditions and levolution will add a lot to the game, but I had somewhat wished we had maps with day/night cycle options. I think back to BF3 and Seine Crossing in multiplayer which was set during the morning or afternoon and then look at the co-op mission Drop ‘Em Like Liquid. Latter was superb looking.

On the other hand, you can look at Death Valley and I think it would be better in broad daylight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I know changing conditions and levolution will add a lot to the game, but I had somewhat wished we had maps with day/night cycle options. I think back to BF3 and Seine Crossing in multiplayer which was set during the morning or afternoon and then look at the co-op mission Drop ‘Em Like Liquid. Latter was superb looking.

On the other hand, you can look at Death Valley and I think it would be better in broad daylight.

Can't remember where I saw it, but someone managed to mod Metro (Rush) the starting area with the grass. It was a night mod, and not Death Valley-like either, proper dark. It looked absolutely class.

EDIT: It was a FrankieOnPc video I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Can't remember where I saw it, but someone managed to mod Metro (Rush) the starting area with the grass. It was a night mod, and not Death Valley-like either, proper dark. It looked absolutely class.

EDIT: It was a FrankieOnPc video I think.

It was him alright Linky here (if violating anything remove at your whim)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

[aterhaar] Why do we still use the Huey when virtually every branch of the military in the U.S. uses a variant of the Blackhawk. What about adding a Chinook? How cool would that be with 64 person multiplayer? Maybe the Osprey?

man some people really need to do a quick wiki before asking a stupid question.

the Huey in the game is the new venom model that was introduced in 2008.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nearly forgot about this, a community survey that will be forwarded to DICE. Worth taking a short amount of time filling out, hopefully feedback is taken on board! -

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RgtbfPAEoOg1DDgUSwQ4dW2IngUZKrRlCaHSYUavO0w/viewform

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Nearly forgot about this, a community survey that will be forwarded to DICE. Worth taking a short amount of time filling out, hopefully feedback is taken on board! -

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RgtbfPAEoOg1DDgUSwQ4dW2IngUZKrRlCaHSYUavO0w/viewform

Gonna continuously mention a proper night-time mode element in all these community feedback things :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

137879727318.png

Specs officially announced again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

:eek::eek: 3GB of VRAM

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Aaaaaand I need a new Graphics Card :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

ktulu123 wrote: »

Console master race prevails!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,263 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

dreamers75 wrote: »
    137879727318.png

Specs officially announced again :)
    So how many frames per second will my laptop get?
    Celeron 1000m
    Intel HD graphics
    4Gb of ram.

I'm guessing I'll have to turn down some of the settings?

Akrasia wrote: »
    Celeron 1000m
    Intel HD graphics
    4Gb of ram.

Sorry to say this but, it's going to suck. No better than a Mac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Akrasia wrote: »
    Celeron 1000m
    Intel HD graphics
    4Gb of ram.

I'd be surprised if you can get anything more than about 5-10 frames a second on low with that. Simply will not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

ktulu123 wrote: »

Need or want ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,263 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I'd be surprised if you can get anything more than about 5-10 frames a second on low with that. Simply will not work.
    Yeah I was kidding. There;s not a hope in hell the game would run on my machine. If it did, it would run in SPF not FPS :)

Best of luck to those with the decent gaming rigs, I'd love to see the game running smoothly with all the settings turned up.

I can dream...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Similarly, imagine trying to play online with a 2.4Ghz Core 2 (E6600) and a 3870? Crazy minimum specs, given the market they should really base their minimum on online play and not single player. Trying to play BF3 online with a Sandybridge 2.6Ghz Pentium and GTX570 was taxing enough for me, let alone a much older, and considerably slower Core 2!

It wouldn't cost a lot to build a rig that will play it on medium to high settings. Go over the PC Building and upgrading forum and let them help you make your dreams come true.:D

beno619 wrote: »
    Need or want ? :P

haha A bit of both I think, I need it for recording footage with decent frames & I want a new graphics card :P

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Console master race prevails!

haha! Touché!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

So assault can no longer self-heal.

Love it; they really are making great changes. So unfair to be against an assault player with a medi pack. Meant to be a game of skill, not the nonsense with noobs running assault/m16.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Idea;

Go to battle picks up.

Plant C4

Wait

===> BOOM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭game4it70

Self-healing has been in the game from day one and its never stopped people buying and playing the game.
    By that logic engineers should not able to repair there own vehicles,support should not able to resupply themselves and recon should not be able see his own spots from motion balls.

I never get why people complain about the m16 being op as its not like they cant use it also.

And yes i play medic alot but i don't moan about any weapons the other classes have that are very good as i have the choice to use them too i see fit.

Twitter now says it was a fake tweet
    https://twitter.com/Demize99/status/378506451787857921

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The people who complained about the assault class and the M16A3 were players who never played competitive scrims with other clans.Its purely based on what gun is the most used by the community.Sure the AN-94 is very popular know and they call that over powered.You cant win:rolleyes:

It seems the M16A3 has being reduced to a burst fire weapon in BF4 from what i saw in lvlcaps video.

Yeah the M16 is now the M16A4 Burst fire variant & they have removed the A3 completely. Not really bothered by it too much, far too much emphasis on what's OP etc. Hopefully this game won't get bogged down with stupid gun modifications & useless fixes like BF3 had.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

M16a3 with 3 fire modes still seems to be on the weapon customization screen on this DICE video so it looks like the m16 noobs will be able to stick to playing 1 weapon out of the 80 or so.

And the medics will still be able to heal themselves.
    https://twitter.com/Demize99/status/378551633296510976

PDW weapons are limited to engineer class only so this m5k noob is unhappy :(. Carbines are going to usable across all classes instead.

https://twitter.com/DeWinterZero/status/376047816340041730

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

dunno why everyone loved the m16a3 so much, for me the m416 is a superior weapon in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

M16a3 with 3 fire modes still seems to be on the weapon customization screen on this DICE video so it looks like the m16 noobs will be able to stick to playing 1 weapon out of the 80 or so.

And the medics will still be able to heal themselves.
    https://twitter.com/Demize99/status/378551633296510976

PDW weapons are limited to engineer class only so this m5k noob is unhappy :(. Carbines are going to usable across all classes instead.

https://twitter.com/DeWinterZero/status/376047816340041730
    em there was no m16 in that video dude,thats the AK12 and QBZ

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Watch where the mouse pointer is 2 seconds into the video. The stats for about half the weapons on the list appears on the right hand side of the screen as the mouse passes over its name. The weapons in the list include the m16a3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    dunno why everyone loved the m16a3 so much, for me the m416 is a superior weapon in the game

The M416 got a buff a few months back for the majority of the games lifespan the m16 has been the best weapon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

beno619 wrote: »
    The M416 got a buff a few months back for the majority of the games lifespan the m16 has been the best weapon.

There it is, the auld m16a3

Advertisement