Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 Is Finally HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (PICS/VID)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

OH MY GOD! That trailer!!! Want!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Dam it that trailer just makes me want this more :rolleyes:
    GTA online getting kicked to the curb once the BETA starts me thinks lol

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭fuzz69er

Sorry if it's been discussed already but what's people't take on the new kill cam? Obviously I've not tried it myself but having seen a few videos of it I think I prefer the BF3 take on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Of course everyone is entitled to use whatever gun they want, but personally speaking I cannot comprehend how people can only use one or two guns predominately, one or two of the best guns in the game that is and not get bored. I'm talking about public matches here. If playing competitive it's a different story where you have the competitive games and scrims, as well as practising in pub games.

^^^^

Big time agree, it is not the gun it is the overuse of the same gun, the same map, the same mode... I can't understand that logic at all.

Whats your Take on the AN-94?

Less bothered, I think it is an amazing gun and I bet if you see the profile of AN-94 users over the M16 heads you will the latter are the usual Metro, medi pack or CQ spammers which I dislike.

As said below... just dont understand why a player who believes they are so good have to use the same gun over and over. No challenge

• Advertisement

fuzz69er wrote: »
    Sorry if it's been discussed already but what's people't take on the new kill cam? Obviously I've not tried it myself but having seen a few videos of it I think I prefer the BF3 take on it.

Has this been discussed? I don't think so. Would love to hear what others think

Me? I don't know, I prefer the old one... anyone think this is like Far Cry 2 multiplayer kill cam?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I'm beginning to think, as good as BF3 was and still is, it was only meant as a taster for what's to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I'm beginning to think, as good as BF3 was and still is, it was only meant as a taster for what's to come.

I think it's the same situation as bad company 1.

So much effort was put into a new graphics engine and bc 1 was a good game but flawed.

Bad company 2 though took everything bc 1 was trying to do and did it right'

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

game4it70 wrote: »
    New vid showing some new maps.

**** me want want want want want.

Been on all the Alphas and the game hints at that but doesnt deliver. Atm its Bf3.25 trailer has me thinking about pre ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,263 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I was wandering around an empty BF3 map yesterday and It's really easy to forget just how incredibly awesome the graphics for BF3 actually are (yes, even on consoles)

The detail is spectacular.

I put on BF2 on the PC at max settings just to compare it and BF3 is a completely different beast.

If BF4 is even a slight improvement in graphics on the current generation consoles, it will be an amazing achievement, and if they can do that while also adding in dynamic weather effects and improved physics then they deserve full credit

• Advertisement

Looks great... really will bring some variety to the game.

Strange that he picked a 1911 as his pistol but they aren't in the game! (yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lahcen86

Awesome. They haven't released word yet of the m1911 being in BF4. I imagine this gun will be unlocked in a future DLC. Happy its back on top!

What other hand guns are you guys interested in using. I for one am looking forward to use the FN-57.... Brings me back to my CS days :D

Can't wait for the beta !!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So the beta for those who preordered, owned MOHWF or BF 3 premium is on Oct 1st and everyone else gets in to open beta of Oct 4th or 5th ?
    Just read somewhere the OB ends on Oct 15th , does that mean for the preorder etc people can continue to play the beta after the 15th and for how long?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Dcully wrote: »
    So the beta for those who preordered, owned MOHWF or BF 3 premium is on Oct 1st and everyone else gets in to open beta of Oct 4th or 5th ?
    Just read somewhere the OB ends on Oct 15th , does that mean for the preorder etc people can continue to play the beta after the 15th and for how long?

probably not, the game is out two weeks later isnt it?

They didnt continue it for bf3 players who had pre-ordered (though they did for the last day or two put caspian border on instead of metro)

Odd question

the squads have been upped to 5 man squads right?

So how do the teams break down in a standard full match if its still 32/64 as the standard sizes?

it means:

6 squads of 5
    + 1 man on his own
    + commander

(or if the commander is counted separate) six full squads and 1 two man squad.

Gonna suck for that 2 man squad, especially with squad wipe being so damn powerful in removing all your abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭game4it70

Interesting vid about guys who just hover out of range of lock-ons in the heli when there is no jet to attack them.

game4it70 wrote: »
    Interesting vid about guys who just hover out of range of lock-ons in the heli when there is no jet to attack them.

Good change but is this just a PC problem? I have only encountered it twice on PS3.

I am actually not that looking forward to the Beta much, strange really but here's why:

- awaiting PS4 upgrade so this is like a canape more than a starter for me

- having conquest on PS3 on that map is going to be crap enough, shame no rush

- i don't like con. domination unless trolling with c4

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    probably not, the game is out two weeks later isnt it?

They didnt continue it for bf3 players who had pre-ordered (though they did for the last day or two put caspian border on instead of metro)

Odd question

the squads have been upped to 5 man squads right?

So how do the teams break down in a standard full match if its still 32/64 as the standard sizes?

it means:

6 squads of 5
    + 1 man on his own
    + commander

(or if the commander is counted separate) six full squads and 1 two man squad.

Gonna suck for that 2 man squad, especially with squad wipe being so damn powerful in removing all your abilities.

It is 6 squads of 5 and 2 people alone.

Not sure why they didn't make it 35 player to solve this but if you are coming from PS3 or Xbox is still better because there is more chance in being alone in a 12 man team now that there will be on a 32 team team because of the douches who lock squads on PS3... frustrating.

You will find some squad will have 4 players so it could be 4 squads of 5 and 3 squads of 4 etc etc

Another great change

http://i.imgur.com/nsoIVbb.png

Ranks spread out, none of this muck where 24 players are all colonel with the same looking rank bar a number. Never liked that, BFBC2 was better in that way

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Still somewhat annoyed the beta is on October 1st I must say. Clashes with GTA Online, and as much as I do enjoy Battlefield, there's only one winner here that'll have my attention.. and it ain't EA's game.

The beta should have came out a couple of weeks beforehand at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Still somewhat annoyed the beta is on October 1st I must say. Clashes with GTA Online, and as much as I do enjoy Battlefield, there's only one winner here that'll have my attention.. and it ain't EA's game.

I think its brilliant, will take some of the server problems away from rockstar hopefully with people playing both on release day!

haha complete opposite for me :) All other games ever can go **** them selves when I get my hands on this :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I know this could be answered in the thread (But rather wouldnt go through 26 pages :p ) Whats the deal with the Medal Of Honor BF4 code? ... useless or still will come in handy?

**EDIT**

Ahh, http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/faq/beta ...
    Be a registered owner of Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited Edition or Digital Deluxe Edition - The Exclusive Betas starting October 1* and the Open Betas starting October 4*

Knew that the general public would get there hands on the beta demo. Just like BF3. So you get the demo 3 days early with the code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

ktulu123 wrote: »
    haha complete opposite for me :) All other games ever can go **** them selves when I get my hands on this :P

You've a PC though! I'm more excited about ps4 version than 360 version so the beta isn't a big draw for me this time around.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

As Sherlock said, I think the fact that we're stuck with the current gen for another month and a bit is playing a factor in regards to the beta, and this coming from someone who actually enjoyed Conquest on Armoured Kill maps (despised Rush due to AC130) with only a 24 player limit which is quite rare.

If ranking and unlocks from the beta went into the full game, I might view things differently. I'll still download the beta and play it, but two/three games series will have my attention before Battlefield, despite having over 900 hours poured into BF3 multiplayer and that's not factoring in single player, co-op and the beta for that as well :)

edit - no, not COD for those wondering ^ :pac:

You've a PC though! I'm more excited about ps4 version than 360 version so the beta isn't a big draw for me this time around.
    As Sherlock said, I think the fact that we're stuck with the current gen for another month and a bit is playing a factor in regards to the beta

Ah yeah, that's fairly understandable.

Agreed... GTA could be great but playing v computer is sterile and online for GTA IV was so bad I couldn't be arsed even thinking about GTA V

As Sherlock said, I think the fact that we're stuck with the current gen for another month and a bit is playing a factor in regards to the beta, and this coming from someone who actually enjoyed Conquest on Armoured Kill maps (despised Rush due to AC130) with only a 24 player limit which is quite rare.

If ranking and unlocks from the beta went into the full game, I might view things differently. I'll still download the beta and play it, but two/three games series will have my attention before Battlefield, despite having over 900 hours poured into BF3 multiplayer and that's not factoring in single player, co-op and the beta for that as well :)

edit - no, not COD for those wondering ^ :pac:

All makes sense and I feel the same.

I played Metro Rush over and over on BF3 beta (yes I do like it and there is nothing wrong with Metro 12 v 12!) so much so that I couldn't play BFBC2 after it and therefore I was in no man's land while awaiting the release.

A major difference though was the controls were so much better on BF3 versus BFBC2 that the latter seemed odd when I returned whereas I suspect the controls from BF4 to BF3 will be similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

mozattack wrote: »
    All makes sense and I feel the same.

I played Metro Rush over and over on BF3 beta (yes I do like it and there is nothing wrong with Metro 12 v 12!) so much so that I couldn't play BFBC2 after it and therefore I was in no man's land while awaiting the release.

A major difference though was the controls were so much better on BF3 versus BFBC2 that the latter seemed odd when I returned whereas I suspect the controls from BF4 to BF3 will be similar?

I played BFBC2 onw or twice post BF3 release... Took me an age to figure out how to fire the main cannon on the tank! Very confusing going back to it! Still a great game thou!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭fuzz69er

I've played BFBC2 on a few occasions since BF3 came out, still popular enough and you get full servers on a Friday night.

Always takes a few minutes to adjust to the gun mechanics again when you switch between them.

Advertisement