Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BF4 Is Finally HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (PICS/VID)

• 10-06-2013 12:11am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

3gEckwc.jpg
    ZCQSypk.jpg
    OZxstBA.jpg
    myBIXvL.jpg
    ufceD3n.jpg
    Np1tCQP.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

AXN7c0x.jpg
    izbP3tF.jpg
    2pJxMlL.jpg
    93xplgf.jpg
    sbIORYe.jpg
    1TkdhmC.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Alpha build?, look at those textures or lack there of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Alpha build?, look at those textures or lack there of.

Yea, top left it says Alpha build. Pictures do nothing for the game tbh, i'd say dice are pissed they were leaked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Id say they were leaked on purpose after the COD reveal in alpha it looks miles ahead of MW series and even ghosts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Looks like BF3 only with worse textures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

BF 3.2 alright; worried now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Is BF4 for next gen release or will we see it on the Xbox 360?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ick, console pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

It's going to be on both

They should call it BF 3.5 instead. I reckon they've been watching the COD boys raking in the cash releasing the same game year after year and they want a piece of that pie.

• Advertisement

New footage from E3!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

MP stream just over.

Looks staged but also looked cool as ****.

Did they just confirm 64 man for Consoles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Yep 64 for the next gen. Definitely scripted but looked unbelievable

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

OHMY****INGGOD!!!!! I was really worried about this game but **** me that looked awesome!! Blowing up the ground in the metro, the boat combat, COMMANDER mode, Viper in a city map, THE ****ING BUILDING FALLING OVER!!!! Can't wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Epic.

Video looks suspciously like the live demo stream......hmmmmm :D

Can counter the Stabby mac Stabby interesting that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Oh my god :eek:

My body is ready

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Was not expecting anything that good to be shown tonight but **** that, the destruction is on a whole other level and commander mode! :eek:

cant ****ing wait Octobers too far away! :(

With Battlefield 4 and TitanFall.....COD is essentially D.E.A.D

• Advertisement

Im going to need a new graphics card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

That looks brilliant. Always loved commander mode in BF2!

Yousef wrote: »
    With Battlefield 4 and TitanFall.....COD is essentially D.E.A.D

But still sell more than both :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

A different view of the same vid

dreamers75 wrote: »
    But still sell more than both :pac:

I'd say so, but the market share will be eaten into....

Ghosts is not exactly getting any pulses racing at the moment. There seems to be a lot of smirking and sneering about the dog etc...the graphics are similar to previous installments too. It just oozes 'more of the same' about the whole thing. They've let themselves get into a situation where they've been comfortable for far too long. That has happened because they've obviously had no serious contenders or competitors but I think that's about to change. You can't live off a name forever and to be honest, I don't even believe they have the ability to evolve. I just don't have the faith in those teams.

If it sells more than TitanFall and BF4, then with time you'll find people slowly shift to the other franchises.

Wow, in fairness that was "wow".

To be negative, i'd like to see how much destruction there is, granted the building falls but this time 2 years ago we saw a serious about of destruction which didn't seem to be there on final release??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Map looks like a big version of Seine Crossing.

The building will probably be a triggered even like the mast on Caspian but at the end of the video you can see people defending the flag among the rubble so it'll probably be halfway through the round. Getting to the flag at the top could be problematic tho, those lifts are going to be c4/claymore heaven. Looks like there's stairs but thats a long run up.

On topic of c4, I saw those jet ski's and thought something else for Ktulu to jhiad. :D

Just about to say C4 jetskis :D map need more dirt bikes though :pac:

And was that a counter to being knifed I seen :eek: thats not good for my detagging fetish :P

Hmm looks like recon has C4 if you look at when they destroy the pillar a recon guy walks up to the tank and plants C4.

I hope the building/s can be destroyed at any time but then you will get tools who spend the first few mins of a match just trying to blow it up though the campers on the roof who spawn beacon up there wont be happy :pac:

I know it was obviously staged (still awesome) there are a few points where the footage slightly skips and the team members magically change class when the tank shoots them in the door way and when they get on the boat.

Watching it far too much :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

That MPgameplay was so scripted lol.
    Looks like BF3 tbh , that map looked great.
    I cant help thinking BF4 will be like BF3 with a new hud and a paint job.
    I can deal with that as BF3 @ ultra settings looks great still.
    I just hope the sniper rifles sound a bit meaty this time.

Havet played BF3 in ages but that shanghai video is everything i like about BF3.

Day 1 buy for me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,515 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The only way that MP vid could have been less natural was for it to have consisted of pre-rendered sequences. But it does get the point across, 5 man squads, massive and more complex levels etc etc. It makes BF3 look more like a dry run for BF4.

Will there be more news/vids from E3, e.g will we know for sure how many classes there are and if they have fixed the assault/medic train "bug"!

Any idea if you can be commander on an Iphone or Ipod Touch?

mozattack wrote: »
    Will there be more news/vids from E3, e.g will we know for sure how many classes there are and if they have fixed the assault/medic train "bug"!

DICE are showcasing Battlefield 4 on stage 2 later today. 40 mins worth of footage. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

mozattack wrote: »

Gameplay breakdown.Well worth the watch.How people choose what classes they want to run with isnt a "bug"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I think he is wrong on about the circle on C meaning a destructible capture point. If you look when they are capturing B, it changes to a circle in between going from enemy cap'd to cap'd by the squad. So I imagine a circle just denotes a point not captured by either side.

But everything looks awesome. Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

anyone know if this 64 player 60 fps will be on 360/ps3 version or only on ps4/xboxone version?

just watching the live stuff, looks pretty good but guess its pc

anyone know if this 64 player 60 fps will be on 360/ps3 version or only on ps4/xboxone version?

Not sure about fps but the 360/PS3 will only have 24 players.

Not a hope in hell....if they couldn't make 60fps/64player on 360/PS3 for BF3, then they sure as hell won't be able to do it for BF4. The old systems just aren't powerful enough. They're 8 year old pieces of kit now. By todays standards, they're ancient tech. XBOne and PS4 has confirmed 60fps/64players.

Either that or invest in a PC. :)

• Advertisement

LvL cap those a fairly in depth break down of the trailer, well worth a watch.

I hope they don't go overboard on the whole building destruction thing. The maps might get kind of boring if after ten minutes every structure is completely leveled.

No news on the class breakdown yet?, does assault still have the uber guns and medic ability?

Loving that the maps could be more urban, but i'd like to see what the non-urban maps will be like - surely they can't be as good given there is less destruction potential in a non-urban map.

Excited to at last play 32 v 32, I do wonder is it as good as it cracked up to be. Are these fair points about 32 v 32?

- clearly will make the large open maps more playable (e.g. Bandar 12 v 12 = muck)
    - reduces the negative impact on saving a squad of no-hoper snipers perched on a crane 4 miles from the objective, least with 32 on a team you can afford these clowns
    - tigher maps ala Metro unplayable on anymore than 16 v 16?
    - jets will not be a negative aspect anymore, i.e. having 4 people in jets on a map from a total of 24 players was criminal in conquest at least
    - does playing in a team of 31 others make your role less important, i.e. i've had games where a squad of 4 made a real difference, surely a squad of 4 amoung 64 can make little impact
    - Rush is unsuitable for 64 players unless they added a third Mcomm (please do)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

People expecting BF4, are surely to be disappointed to find out that all they're getting is BF3.2
    All it is. is new maps DLC with BF4 slapped as the title.
    PS4 and XBO versions are just going to look like something PC BF3 have at 1080p low or mid settings.
    On top of that, PS4 and XBO users are going to be spending first half year, if not more playing with countless bugs and disconnects. This is due to the game being rushed for the release with the consoles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

ibstar wrote: »
    People expecting BF4, are surely to be disappointed to find out that all they're getting is BF3.2
    PS4 and XBO versions are just going to look like something PC BF3 have at 1080p low or mid settings.
    On top of that, PS4 and XBO users are going to be spending first half year, if not more playing with countless bugs and disconnects. This is due to the game being rushed for the release with the consoles.

Did you not watch the vids?

Its a sequel so its bound to look alike but there also seems to be plenty of changes to make it much more than BF3.2 imo.

Well bf3 was epic so with 64 players I for one can't wait.

I doubt this game will be as rushed as bf3.
    EA made DICE release the game early to compete with COD.

Where did you get the information that this will be rushed too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

game4it70 wrote: »
    Did you not watch the vids?

You mean the sataged MP? or the per-rendered SP?
    top madra wrote: »

EA made DICE release the game early to compete with COD.

Where did you get the information that this will be rushed too?

You answered your question my friend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I've found the first **** thing about the game. They are after removing C4 from support & giving it to Recon. Yes I can understand why they have done that but surely they must of seen the amount of fun that could be had from having loads of C4 in BF3! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

You mean the sataged MP? or the per-rendered SP?

No i mean the E3 Livestream vids that where taken from www.twitch.tv/battlefield last night.

You answered your question my friend.

But surely if this is a copy and pasta as you suggest all the bugs are already dealt with and the remaining few are the same that are in every new shooter that's made....

Stop being so pessimistic the game hasn't even being released yet and it already looks epic in pre alpha stage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement