Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 Is Finally HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (PICS/VID)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Some commander mode info.

Commanders can see enemy soldiers who have a six kill streak and paint them as high value targets, hopefully he can't just nuke you from orbit the second you get a streak going.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Mutiny sounds very drawn out and complicated. The match will be over before you get a new commander

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Mutiny sounds very drawn out and complicated. The match will be over before you get a new commander

It was much simpler in bf2 but still was hard to get rid of a bad commander as not many people would vote. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Is mutiny something that could be affected by Trolls voting out a commander for no good reason?

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Is mutiny something that could be affected by Trolls voting out a commander for no good reason?

Yes but i think is only the squad leaders that can vote so the troll would fail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

game4it70 wrote: »
    Yes but i think is only the squad leaders that can vote so the troll would fail.

In my head that would make it easier to Troll the commander.

So what time does the Beta go live and can it be preloaded before then?

So what time does the Beta go live and can it be preloaded before then?

9am tomorrow and it can be downloaded now from "my games" section of origin if your eligible for the early access.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Theres definitely a bit of a learning curve with BF4, first impressions the game sounds phenomenal !

You dont have to boot the BF3 game to DL the premium BF4 beta do ya?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You dont have to boot the BF3 game to DL the premium BF4 beta do ya?

Completely separate games.

Spear wrote: »
    Completely separate games.

Yeah I get that but like does it recognise if you have premium if youre just on ps store yeah?

The 50 Cal rifle is awesome, cod players will love domination.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭fuzz69er

beno619 wrote: »
    The 50 Cal rifle is awesome, cod players will love domination.

that's not good news

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

For PS3, I dislike that they change the 'spot' button. Has gotten me killed on numerous occasions already. And how to drive/pilot vehicles... did they really have to change that? Despite quite a few texture pop ups and a few other niggles, I'm enjoying it.

The .50 cal is indeed quite powerful. And elevators will be C4 traps before long.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Did they really have to change the controls as much as they did? -_-]=

Gone 10-11 and 5-17(so far)!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

aaronh007 wrote: »
    The .50 cal is indeed quite powerful.

Is it a one hit kill like the M95 in Bad Company 2?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Ah, there's veteran controls. 27-9 next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Possibly, I sniped someone from the top of B building down on someone that was at C. Can't remember if it was a headshot or not. Though knowing my l33t skillz it was not :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Keep getting: "Connection to EA Online has been lost" & "Connection to the server has timed out" :(

I just want to play!!!

• Advertisement

Im not enjoying the health/damage. Seems alot quicker deaths. Domination felt like I was playing Call of Duty and I don't want that :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Battlefield was always about Conquest, Domination is catered towards the Call of Duty type of game play

Yep it's a one hit kill, was a lot of fun to play with.

Thought it was hilarious the way everyone stops playing to admire the C building coming down. it still hasn't gotten old.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

I only managed one and a half games on the PS3 last night before it froze on me. Had a fun time on conquest domination (I think, there was only 3 flags with a pretty quick capture time). Some questions:

- Are there other game modes available? I'm a rush player at heart.
    - Can you change the controller layout? At the end of my quick session, I was still going to select to spot, it got me killed more than once!
    - Can you customise in the beta? I froze up when I tried to get in to change my kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Ah, there's veteran controls. 27-9 next game.

Nuri, are you finding the vehicles a problem though? Any way of feckin changing the acceleration and deceleraton back from D pad?

chickenboy wrote: »
    I only managed one and a half games on the PS3 last night before it froze on me. Had a fun time on conquest domination (I think, there was only 3 flags with a pretty quick capture time). Some questions:

- Are there other game modes available? I'm a rush player at heart.
    - Can you change the controller layout? At the end of my quick session, I was still going to select to spot, it got me killed more than once!
    - Can you customise in the beta? I froze up when I tried to get in to change my kit.

1. No just Conq Dom and conquest, shame really as I'd love to see rush too (especially with 24 players)

2. Change the layout to "veteran" but I think the spot remains at R2 which is a BALLS!

3. Yes you can customise, it is very sluggish and you have no unlocks when starting out

I know it's just a beta, but it looks simply awful on PS3, if this is indicative of the full game then they should have just held it back for PS4. The rendering is atrocious at times.

The control change seems pointless, it was pretty much perfect from BF3.

While there seems to be more oomph in the bullets fired I don't get any real sense of being shot when being fired upon. Feels a bit weak.

I'm disappointed so far.

fuzz69er wrote: »
    I know it's just a beta, but it looks simply awful on PS3, if this is indicative of the full game then they should have just held it back for PS4. The rendering is atrocious at times.

The control change seems pointless, it was pretty much perfect from BF3.

While there seems to be more oomph in the bullets fired I don't get any real sense of being shot when being fired upon. Feels a bit weak.

I'm disappointed so far.

Fuzzer, PS3 here too... do you have a problem with visibility or is just me and my TV (it is a 40" HD TV so can't blame that?). I have brightness up to 90% and I still find it hard to see enemies

mozattack wrote: »
    Fuzzer, PS3 here too... do you have a problem with visibility or is just me and my TV (it is a 40" HD TV so can't blame that?). I have brightness up to 90% and I still find it hard to see enemies

it doesn't seem as crisp, certainly not when the tower comes down, which IMHO destroys the game. There is great fun up at the top before it comes down but right now most people seem to want to race straight to it and bring it down.

I know it's a BETA, and DICE keep telling us it's not representative of the final product, but I can't help thinking it's gonna be crap on PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

fuzz69er wrote: »
    I know it's a BETA, and DICE keep telling us it's not representative of the final product, but I can't help thinking it's gonna be crap on PS3.

If only there was some sort of platform with sharper crisper graphics

Come over to the dark side

Advertisement