Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 Is Finally HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (PICS/VID)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Nuri, Levelcap does a good run down of the new weapons.

See this from Jackgrags... 64 players, 60FPS, 720 resolution on PS4

https://twitter.com/jackfrags/status/370847476754157568

Will this make much difference?

What is the reference to "upscaled" about?

"Battlefield 3 on both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 will run at a native resolution of 1280 x 704. While not a huge step down from the desired 1280 x 720 HD resolution, it’s still a little odd to know that one of the most graphically hyped games of all time isn’t actually “HD”. Good thing the subtle loss in resolution will help with memory usage, keeping gameplay solid. So what are everyone’s thoughts on this? Let us know!"

So next gen only gives up 16 more in resolution??? hmmm

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

JackFrags ‏@jackfrags 17s
    To clarify: BF4 running at a higher resolution than 720p in the PS4 dev environment. Final resolution when the game is optimised at launch!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Has any footage of the game running on PS3 been released ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

While not a huge step down from the desired 1280 x 720 HD resolution

Jaysus anything lower than 1080 is fugly as hell to me.
    I think its laughable to even consider 720 and next gen in the same breath.

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    JackFrags ‏@jackfrags 17s
    To clarify: BF4 running at a higher resolution than 720p in the PS4 dev environment. Final resolution when the game is optimised at launch!

Nuri... please explain what this means to a dope here?

Dope?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Dcully wrote: »
    Dope?

Means himself I'm sure, don't think tis aimed at you!

• Cannot wait.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to new melee weapons the most.

Hunting people down with a machete will be great craic.

Means himself I'm sure, don't think tis aimed at you!

Ah, I was referring to me as the dope, dope in terms of these techie phrases. Anybody, "upscaling"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

mozattack wrote: »
    Ah, I was referring to me as the dope, dope in terms of these techie phrases. Anybody, "upscaling"?

Sure isnt that what he said.

Looking forward to new melee weapons the most.

Hunting people down with a machete will be great craic.

Play Chivalry Medieval Warfare

Dcully wrote: »
    Play Chivalry Medieval Warfare

Was watching videos of that a while back I think, looked brilliant, think it was kthulu(sp) who's videos they were, looked like good craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://www.techradar.com/news/television/everything-you-need-to-know-about-upscaling-484345

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Jackfrags has some Sniper gameplay. The cannon(.44) looks & sounds deadly

think it was kthulu(sp) who's videos they were, looked like good craic!

haha drop the 'h' :P Chivalry is awesome!

Radio chatter sounds are far too similar, nice to see weapons sound a bit more meaty,bolt snipers in particular are pathetic in BF3,even a big step down from BC2.

I must admit to being almost embarrassed to being addicted to BF3 and BF4 before the latter has even come out.
    I listened to almost all of Gamescon while working over the weekend and the most interesting information I’ve heard is as follows:-

- 7 types of grenade (love this, probably overkill but so what, varierty)

- The defib change is probably the best change in the game so far (essentially three revives per defib pack and to get a full revive you need to charge the defib for 4 seconds, otherwise the standard revive is up to 20%) – they should have done this on BF3 was earlier. Really got my goat playing on good maps like Epicentre, killing two guys, watching them being revived and then their squad taking you out. Very so childish/arcadey – not for me and I really think this alone will make BF4 so much better!

- Alex Mendes (I think that’s his name) played Domination on PS4 and essentially said it was incredible, said graphics were on par with PC and said the 60 FPS made a massive different from BF3 (he is a console player). This is a relief, probably too much said on the whole 720 (and not 1080) issue.

- Game will ship with 10 maps

- Tiered reloading animation is deployed meaning if you switch to your side arm while reloading you can revert back to where you were provided you are reloading when totally out of ammo

- Watched a lot of Obliteration and it seems great. Personally I hated CtF on End Game, couldn’t play it seriously but this game mode seems to be a perfect match of Rush/CtF/Conquest… a good addition perhaps.

- Fairly sure Scout Choppers are limited to using 6 flares/ECMs but their guns are more powerful… not sure if this applies to Attach Choppers too

- The M2 Slam, i.e. claymore for vehicles, this destroys a vehicle if two are laid down (wonder then what the point is, surely the same as AT mines?)

- Not information per se but personal opinion; sounds in the game seem far better than BF3 – listen to the Magnum as an example.

- There will be more guns on final release, DICE guy said a few more weren’t ready so haven’t been included as of yet

(BTW no-one explained what "upscaling" means!)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

BTW no-one explained what "upscaling" means!

Lets say you have a incoming signal at 720p running into a TV that can display 1080p. Upscaling is when the video processing chip in the TV converts the incoming signal to match the native display resolution.
    It uses smart algorithms and filters and other mathematical jiggery pokery to add lines and pixels to match the output to the TVs resolution.
    However, it doesn't mean you get HD quality from SD signals, because the converter can't add detail that wasn't there in the first place, but it will make the image fit properly on the screen with having to change the output settings to 720p.

...I think :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

- The M2 Slam, i.e. claymore for vehicles, this destroys a vehicle if two are laid down (wonder then what the point is, surely the same as AT mines?)

The only difference is you hide the M2 slam near a road, the vehicle doesn't have to actually drive over is to set it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

beno619 wrote: »
    The only difference is you hide the M2 slam near a road, the vehicle doesn't have to actually drive over is to set it off.

I'm so gonna go boom regularly been a blind tank wh0re. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

So Gunmaster, scavenger, air superiority and tank superiority arent going to be released as mode in BF4 at least not in the main game maybe as a dlc

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/426476/battlefield-4-to-launch-with-7-modes-10-maps/

Not that a lot of people will miss them but they were a nice change from the conquest TDM and Rush for a few rounds

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Richie6904 wrote: »
    So Gunmaster, scavenger, air superiority and tank superiority arent going to be released as mode in BF4 at least not in the main game maybe as a dlc

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/426476/battlefield-4-to-launch-with-7-modes-10-maps/

Not that a lot of people will miss them but they were a nice change from the conquest TDM and Rush for a few rounds

I really disliked Air Superiority and Tank Super... never liked them, nonsense.

Scavenger was actually very good if you liked a quick 10-15 game... fun.

Gun Master the same so while I won't miss them, I'd prefer them over Team Deathmatch for example.

I wish Dice wouldn't fragment the DLCs so much this time around though, if they are adding new game modes the game modes should be for all maps - either than or dont bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

game4it70 wrote: »
    Lol :D

More to the point , whats with the naked swimmer behind him ?

jonski wrote: »
    More to the point , whats with the naked swimmer behind him ?

That orange guy is the way they show the player that killed you (killcam).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

game4it70 wrote: »
    That orange guy is the way they show the player that killed you (killcam).

I think thats to show the player with the bomb in the new game mode not sure though

• Advertisement

Richie6904 wrote: »
    I think thats to show the player with the bomb in the new game mode not sure though

I saw another vid with an orange guy and he didn't have the bomb according to the map.:)

Advertisement