Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campus Accommodation opening 10th June - Waiting list?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

when i was booking merville went so fast, i had one booked and got kicked out of it cause it took so long to load, when i went back all i got was belgrove. does anyone know what the revovated houses are like in belgrove? did they build new ones or just do up the old ones. im house 35

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

You can choose what residence you want in the dropdown menu.

There were loads of places in each residence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pollycakes

Is everything on campus gone even blackrock campus ?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

Got a place in Merville with a friend so should be good craic. Im in house 24 and it wasnt renovated when I stayed there 2 years ago, anyone know if it has been done since?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Tara_Rxxx

Got a place in Merville with a friend so should be good craic. Im in house 24 and it wasnt renovated when I stayed there 2 years ago, anyone know if it has been done since?

yup its done up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

Tara_Rxxx wrote: »
    yup its done up!

Great news, those ancient stained couches were fairly rank!

Whats the story with kitchen appliances, is the oven done away with in the new ones?

Great news, those ancient stained couches were fairly rank!

Whats the story with kitchen appliances, is the oven done away with in the new ones?

No oven in new merville, but lidl or aldi usually sell countertop ovens at the end of the summer for about 40 euro and they do the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭TopOfTheRight

A group of friends and I who are going on Erasmus for semester two were hoping to book accommodation for semester one only - after getting through to the "book a room" process and selecting the end date December a message comes up saying this is not available in our category, can anyone clarify this for me? In previous years the accommodation fees were payed in two halves weren't they, so you had the option to leave after one semester?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mhangasor

kkatyj wrote: »
    Hi!
    I am an international student deciding where to live this coming fall. I am studying science and would like to be close to a bus to get in to city center. From what I have read, I have gathered that glenomena and roebuck are the best residences, but I'm not sure which to choose. Any advice would be helpful!
    Thanks

If it's Roebuck Halls you mean, it and Glen are pretty different despite how everyone says they're the same. The rooms in Roebuck are bigger (only by a few feet though.) The kitchens are much bigger and spacious in Roebuck too.

Glen has better showers, but the kitchen is fairly cramped. It and the living area is split in two whereas Roebuck is joined, making it more spacious.

At the end of the day though, they're both pretty good for student accommodation and the bonus is you have your own bathroom!

Both are very close to the bus stop so don't let that sway you!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mhangasor

Just to clear some stuff up, for the continuing students section, Roebuck Halls, Merville and Belgrove were all taken by the time my friend was getting hers. So Glenomena and Roebuck Castle were the only two left on the actual campus. Not sure if they're taken now or not!

I went for Roebuck Halls, anyone else joining me?

Hope tomorrow's people get something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Kathy12

Ok, can anyone explain why they can't send all offers on one day?? I'm going into third year so I'm in the continuing students category. Now the capacity for that is 285 and I got 283 (pretty close I know) so basically I should get an offer right? So why not?

God damn it UCD, ill never understand you :(

Also what was the story when people were booking? Merville and gleno gone? :(

Were you offered a place yet??

Kathy12 wrote: »
    Were you offered a place yet??

No, so hoping on an email today :(

I am in the same boat. Just after ringing them. They are going to talk to IT. We should have got email. I would advise you to ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Thezombies

HI guys ! I'm an erasmus student, 50th on waiting list, and I didn't get the email, is that normal ? I saw on one website that accomodation for erasmus student will be open only from 25th of june, and on another that it will be on 11th.

hope i didnt miss something :S

I am in the same boat. Just after ringing them. They are going to talk to IT. We should have got email. I would advise you to ring them.

I rang them and they tried to tell me I didn't click some second button after you get your waiting list number, so they basically said I didn't do it properly. I'm now 58 on the waiting list. So just have to wait. Did they say anything else to you? So fed up of it at this stage :(

I rang them and they tried to tell me I didn't click some second button after you get your waiting list number, so they basically said I didn't do it properly. I'm now 58 on the waiting list. So just have to wait. Did they say anything else to you? So fed up of it at this stage :(
    yeah gave me the same excuse but that wasn't the case. I had confirmed it and printed off the confirmation. Their system is obviously at fault but we the ones that suffer. I am still waiting on them to ring me back.

yeah gave me the same excuse but that wasn't the case. I had confirmed it and printed off the confirmation. Their system is obviously at fault but we the ones that suffer. I am still waiting on them to ring me back.

Print off confirmation?? of like your waiting list number? I've emailed them hoping to get somewhere with this... Im currently on the waitlist no. 53, probably not a hope now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Kristofferson

Any hope for someone who is 192 on list?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Kristofferson

DUE TO TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES ACCOMMODATION OFFERS SENT YESTERDAY Tuesday 11/6/2013 WILL BE EXTENDED AND WILL NOT EXPIRE UNTIL 4PM ON THURSDAY 13/6/2013. No further offers will be sent today.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 tebbie

mhangasor wrote: »
    Just to clear some stuff up, for the continuing students section, Roebuck Halls, Merville and Belgrove were all taken by the time my friend was getting hers. So Glenomena and Roebuck Castle were the only two left on the actual campus. Not sure if they're taken now or not!

I went for Roebuck Halls, anyone else joining me?

Hope tomorrow's people get something!

See you in Roebuck Halls, Mhangasor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 sparkly balloons

Anyone still on the waiting list? Last time I checked I was 112. I'm in the postgrad category so hopefully they aren't full up yet.

This is on the UCD aaccommodation website:

DUE TO TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES ACCOMMODATION OFFERS SENT YESTERDAY Tuesday 11/6/2013 WILL BE EXTENDED AND WILL NOT EXPIRE UNTIL 4PM ON THURSDAY 13/6/2013.

Further accommodation offers will not be made until Monday 17/6/2013.

greeeeeat. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Mr.Fun

UCD are an absolute joke I was expecting an offer on wednesday after the first were given out and now I have to wait until next monday, how much longer can they screw us over?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Sure what does it matter if you have your waitlist place anyway or do you have somewhere to be on Monday? You get 24 hours to accept it.

Mr.Fun wrote: »
    UCD are an absolute joke I was expecting an offer on wednesday after the first were given out and now I have to wait until next monday, how much longer can they screw us over?????

I'm the same, apparently some one i rang up said we are actually on a proper waiting list ... Well it depends on ur category, I'm in continung undergraduates, and apparently that's full now. FML, never had so much hassle with UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aurora2012

Thezombies wrote: »
    HI guys ! I'm an erasmus student, 50th on waiting list, and I didn't get the email, is that normal ? I saw on one website that accomodation for erasmus student will be open only from 25th of june, and on another that it will be on 11th.

hope i didnt miss something :S

Hi! Last year I put my name on the wait list about half an hour after applications opened. I was 86th on the "Erasmus Single Semester wait list" and I had to wait for about 2 weeks before I got an offer. My friend who was on the "Erasmus Full Year list" applied 15 minutes before me and had to wait 2 more days for an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Aoife_

Last I heard everywhere but Castle and Muckross was full! Either gonna bid for the castle, mainly out of no alternative, or else wait for drop outs in September! I know a good few people who got campus late so I'm living off hope for that!

Aoife_ wrote: »
    Last I heard everywhere but Castle and Muckross was full! Either gonna bid for the castle, mainly out of no alternative, or else wait for drop outs in September! I know a good few people who got campus late so I'm living off hope for that!

I heard Muckross and Blackrock! tbh i dont think the people in the offices even know for sure whats full and whats not:confused:

So are offers coming out today?

• Advertisement

got on campus!!!

Advertisement