Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campus Accommodation opening 10th June - Waiting list?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

What way do they offer it? For my catogory theres 476 Spaces, does that mean the first 476 people will get offered a place at 4pm tomorrow and its first come first served or is it like 50 places offered per day?

Im in 3rd year arts and wasnt on campus last year so it's the first time applying as a continuing undergrad, will merville and belgrove be likely to be full? I also have a friend I want to room with, what are the chances there are two rooms in one appartment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I just came across this and dont go to UCD but I'm trying to understand this system because it seems completely stupid.

You waited until a time where they allowed you to join a list, they then allow you to pick your booking based on this list and theres only a certain amount of places each day?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭teotihuacan

I just came across this and dont go to UCD but I'm trying to understand this system because it seems completely stupid.

You waited until a time where they allowed you to join a list, they then allow you to pick your booking based on this list and theres only a certain amount of places each day?

precisely.

f*cking ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Don't know how else they could do it though. If they told everyone it would be open at 8 and it opened as soon as the clock struck 8 then everyone would be hitting refresh and the thing would crash which would lead to more complaints.

They leave it until a random time and done people slip up and don't hit the button quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Caireann

Let us know when you start receiving your emails guys :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

I'm position 43 so I'm assuming I'll be today (Final Year/Postgrad catagory), but have gotten no email as of yet, and I think it starts at 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Farmer poet

whats the time limit from when you receive the email to accept?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 xRosiiex

whats the time limit from when you receive the email to accept?

They give you 24 hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 xRosiiex

They should be out now soon! Anybody get their email yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

I was 397 in the list and just got an email saying I got it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DaisyFay

What category were you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

DaisyFay wrote: »
    What category were you in?

Senior year, but I'm only going into second year

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Derpson

Anyone else get this message or something like it when trying to pay the deposit?

"Your transaction has been successful but there was a problem connecting back to the merchant's web site. Please contact the merchant and advise them that you received this error message. Thank you."

When I checked SISWeb after reading it my deposit was still showing up as unpaid, but I'm afraid to go again in case the card gets charged twice. Should I give UCD a ring about it or would they be useless?

Derpson wrote: »
    Anyone else get this message or something like it when trying to pay the deposit?

"Your transaction has been successful but there was a problem connecting back to the merchant's web site. Please contact the merchant and advise them that you received this error message. Thank you."

When I checked SISWeb after reading it my deposit was still showing up as unpaid, but I'm afraid to go again in case the card gets charged twice. Should I give UCD a ring about it or would they be useless?

That happened me before. Don't think they charge you twice anyway. Try it again. It might have something to do with the bank card.

I got that message too :/ hope something hasn't gone wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Got my email at 16:02, deposit paid shortly after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 real4cynthia

Does anyone know the house numbers of the Glenomena?
    I found Merville is like this
    ..........12...........15....................23/24

...CENTRA

How about Glenomena? Thanks

Does anyone know the house numbers of the Glenomena?
    I found Merville is like this
    ..........12...........15....................23/24

...CENTRA

How about Glenomena? Thanks

glenomenanumbers.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18 tebbie

Anyone else had it absolutely freak out and tell you you weren't on a waitlist midway through the booking process?

Not a clue what happened but I somehow managed to get a room in Roebuck after a lot of clicking!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Caireann

Are merville and Belgrove gone?

• Advertisement

Sor, I can't see your pic~

Sor, I can't see your pic~

try that http://gyazo.com/403c13d1beac6cdf5076e2484f15f320 :cool:

That's coooooool:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JS0692

Anyone else pay the deposit ad then not get the room? My deposit is gone from my account yet they didnt give me the room

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kkatyj

Hi!
    I am an international student deciding where to live this coming fall. I am studying science and would like to be close to a bus to get in to city center. From what I have read, I have gathered that glenomena and roebuck are the best residences, but I'm not sure which to choose. Any advice would be helpful!
    Thanks

Anyone else pay the deposit ad then not get the room? My deposit is gone from my account yet they didnt give me the room

Yes I also have not received notification about my deposit, UCD need to get their act together.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Derpson

That happened to me, my mam had to ring the bank, explain what was going on, and get a reference number from them, and then she rang UCD Residences and told them the problem and quoted the number and the time the payment was made. They said they'd try to sort it out and get back to us when they did.

They just got back to us a few minutes ago and everything's sorted, I have my room and my deposit paid! So I'd give that a go, and if you know the exact room you booked, that helps, but it's not necessary, just tell them as much as you can.

There's a chance they might not be able to get back to you 'til the morning, though, I was told I might have to wait 'til tomorrow but it ended up being solved in less than an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JS0692

Thanks. Tried to ring the bank, couldnt get through. But now been told to wait for a phonecall. Told them the room I booked. Hopefully will have a phone call soon with the room I booked sorted. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Tara_Rxxx

Ok, can anyone explain why they can't send all offers on one day?? I'm going into third year so I'm in the continuing students category. Now the capacity for that is 285 and I got 283 (pretty close I know) so basically I should get an offer right? So why not?

God damn it UCD, ill never understand you :(

Also what was the story when people were booking? Merville and gleno gone? :(

• Advertisement

kkatyj wrote: »
    Hi!
    I am an international student deciding where to live this coming fall. I am studying science and would like to be close to a bus to get in to city center. From what I have read, I have gathered that glenomena and roebuck are the best residences, but I'm not sure which to choose. Any advice would be helpful!
    Thanks

Both are similar enough. Both close to each other and bustop. Details here:

http://www.ucd.ie/residences/residences/

Advertisement