Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA Eagles Vs Ireland - 8/6/13 KO: 19:45 local, 01:45 Irish time

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

I have noticed that there are a few players in the Irish setup that some boards members have it out for... no matter how good they player, they are still heavily critesived.

JamieHeaslipLeinsterRugby.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

I have noticed that there are a few players in the Irish setup that some boards members have it out for... no matter how good they player, they are still heavily critesived.
    I don't mind when players are criticised, but when they're critesived! sir, you go too far!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

JamieHeaslipLeinsterRugby.jpg

Jamie has it easy compared to poor Earlsy :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

trouttrout wrote: »
    Agree with you on the blatant trawllll

Most of the Kidney critique on here was completely justified, and I engaged in a hell of a lot of it. But there were stages when people were literally actively seeking out things to blame him for and it just got tiresome, I mean at one stage someone tried to blame him for Puma pulling their contract and someone else tried to imply he was trying to weaken Leinster as part of some mad conspiracy theory!

Agreed, but do two wrongs make a right in that case?!

Lelantos wrote: »
    I don't mind when players are criticised, but when they're critesived! sir, you go too far!

Jaysus, that's poor, good help me when the English Leaving Cert paper is corrected!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Jaysus, that's poor, good help me when the English Leaving Cert paper is corrected!

I wouldn't mind, but when I first looked I thought you had written circumcised. I know Heaslip was born in Israel, but that's a cut too far! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

What makes it worse, is that because certain players are criticised to high hell, their good performances are made out to be outstanding. It's either too sweet or too sour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

The funniest is when you praise a player's performance and are criticised for the implication that some other performances mightn't have been as good!

You can't win with entrenched views.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,723 ✭✭✭✭phog

awec wrote: »
    Is there anything yet that suggests that POM is actually going to be Ireland captain, or is this just all drawn from him captaining this tour?

To be fair being selected to captain this tour is surely some indication that his leadership is recognised by the Irish setup.

As for crystal ball gazing into the future when the current crop of leaders move on and trying to second guess whatever management team are in place at that time then it's hard to know who they might want as their captain.

My guess is if POM is still around at that time then he'll be on the list of possible candidates.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Bogota

Jamie has it easy compared to poor Earlsy :P

In fairness Earls deserves most of his criticism :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

There are no medium term (as in 3-5 years sort of thing) outstanding candidates for captain knocking about imo. In the short (ish) term you've BOD, POC, Best and I'd imagine it's going to stay with Heaslip who will be 30 soon enough. Once those guys go I don't think there's a new leadership group of a similar quality to replace them.

Having said that maybe leadership is overstated a bit. You can have all the leaders in the world and they'd have done nothing with Kidney in charge.

Bogota wrote: »
    In fairness Earls deserves most of his criticism :D

I'm not even going to start with how wrong you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,723 ✭✭✭✭phog

danthefan wrote: »
    There are no medium term (as in 3-5 years sort of thing) outstanding candidates for captain knocking about imo. In the short (ish) term you've BOD, POC, Best and I'd imagine it's going to stay with Heaslip who will be 30 soon enough. Once those guys go I don't think there's a new leadership group of a similar quality to replace them.

Having said that maybe leadership is overstated a bit. You can have all the leaders in the world and they'd have done nothing with Kidney in charge.

Win a Grand Slam :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

I saw this game in a bar in Chicago. There was a hockey game on at the same time, so I had to do without sound. It was hilariously bad, but after watching that short clip I'm just glad I couldn't hear the commentators while watching the game. Awful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

The funniest is when you praise a player's performance and are criticised for the implication that some other performances mightn't have been as good!

You can't win with entrenched views.

Which is exactly why people should ignore entrenched views and not argue with them endlessly and then raise them again in other threads months later only for us to go around in the same circles there too. Some people take things far too seriously (and almost personally) here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

phog wrote: »
    Win a Grand Slam :-)

You have me there I guess.

What I was trying to say is that things got so fundamentally broken that senior players/the leadership group got dragged down too.

Which was just making me wonder how important experience actually is versus talent for example.

Advertisement