Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA Eagles Vs Ireland - 8/6/13 KO: 19:45 local, 01:45 Irish time

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

What the hell TG4, my recording ended at around 70 minutes, lucky for you your highlights are on now so I switched over at 52 minutes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I felt bad for him if you take out the 3-4 howlers the twice not reading the bounce of a ball, the taking his eye of the Mcfadden pass, I'm giving benefit of the doubt for the taking out of the USA player as it was a corbon copy of a restart he caught in the first half, he had a good enough game made his hits and showed himdelf well enough..... but such howlers wont be forgotten quickly.
    Its not the howlers that get to me. Its the fact that he messed up and decided I'm going to lie on the ground and punch myself rather than get off my ass and gget into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Toner did well to hold on to him, That was dirty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

This was the hit the Clever was sent off for.
    758890.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Its not the howlers that get to me. Its the fact that he messed up and decided I'm going to lie on the ground and punch myself rather than get off my ass and gget into the game.

true. I think the occasion got to him. hopefully he learns and improves his performance from here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Haha thats so funny!

Just running from the penalty.

WTF was he at! He actually plays rugby.

Zebo in behind Zebo in behind.

A great minute of entertainment!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Lelantos wrote: »
    Those howlers were nearly his entire contribution to the game! He's young, he'll get more chances, but realistically he should get some grounding with the Wolfhounds next season before being flung into a test match

no one in the back line looked like they contributed much except Mads. I am speaking with a tinge of a connacht hat on as I do think Henshaw is a good player. He put himself about defensively well otherwise making good tackles when called upon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Clever is a dirty fcuker when he wants to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭bilston

no one in the back line looked like they contributed much except Mads. I am speaking with a tinge of a connacht hat on as I do think Henshaw is a good player. He put himself about defensively well otherwise making good tackles when called upon.

I dont think even Madigan contributed that much in terms of back play either. It was a difficult game for them as the Yanks were shooting up and I suspect where offside a lot of the time. Anyway they'll live and learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

bilston wrote: »
    I dont think even Madigan contributed that much in terms of back play either. It was a difficult game for them as the Yanks were shooting up and I suspect where offside a lot of the time. Anyway they'll live and learn.

The rucks are a complete shambles too, our pack didn't provide anything close to clean ball. Plus as you said their linespeed didn't help.

• Advertisement

bilston wrote: »

there was as offside line??? :pac the rucks were a mess I couldn't believe what was going on at times

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Clever is a dirty fcuker when he wants to be.

He always has been. The Eagles are obsessed with the big hits, gridiron style and making the highlight reel. They picked up 3 red cards last year in games. It appears like most of them learned to hit playing gridiron and go high and don't wrap, often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Funny to see Mike Ross talking to the American front-rowers after the game with a "what the hell was the ref doing" expression on his face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

I remember 1 tackle, but that's prob because I watched some of the game on ff. Yes, the rest of the backs were anonymous for most of the game, but Henshaw is the last line of defence & his mistakes will be exacerbated. As I said, he's a fine player, but he did have a touch of the rabbit in headlights look about him even from the kick off. Nerves etc, but a few games with the 'hounds should get him into the swing of things......so much so that Leinster will try & pinch him from you :)

Lelantos wrote: »
    I remember 1 tackle, but that's prob because I watched some of the game on ff. Yes, the rest of the backs were anonymous for most of the game, but Henshaw is the last line of defence & his mistakes will be exacerbated. As I said, he's a fine player, but he did have a touch of the rabbit in headlights look about him even from the kick off. Nerves etc, but a few games with the 'hounds should get him into the swing of things......so much so that Leinster will try & pinch him from you :)

It seemed he was overwhelmed alright, and if i see rumours of that pinch il come back quote this and blame you!!! with a shake fist picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

It seemed he was overwhelmed alright, and if i see rumours of that pinch il come back quote this and blame you!!! with a shake fist picture

Rumours of Munster attempting to pinch him earlier in the year, confirmed on OTB by Noel Mannion iirc?

Rumours of Munster attempting to pinch him earlier in the year, confirmed on OTB by Noel Mannion iirc?

I shake my fist at you sir :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

And Toulouse.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Anyone know if this'll be up anywhere?

This thread has turned it into a fantastical must-see.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

19543261 wrote: »

I highly recommend you go watch the next under-7's game at your local club instead. Not only will the rugby on show be of a similar standard, the ref may have an actual clue what he's doing! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

I was impressed to see Jamie Hagan letting out a few roars at the other forwards a few times when they were plodding along to get them moving.

He was more up for it than a few of the other forwards by the looks of things

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

19543261 wrote: »

I say it'll be on the TG4 player soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

The first thing I did after watching it on sky plus was to delete it....wasn't even worth an oul second sitting later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Was I the only one who burst out laughing at the fluffed try when henshaw overran that pass on a plate? Nothing to do with him just the cherry on the cake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭clsmooth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

clsmooth wrote: »

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7UJTey6bcwudkLcmxqgd-Ye8tLyq9-nGfZDW0lWPNe_KEr2mX

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

So we now have three international hookers who can't throw a ball. Is it time we started letting some other players take the line-outs or is this just a knee-jerk, inflammatory post by a deluded fly-by-night?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭clsmooth

The highlights are terrible. Although worth watching to see the US fans and hear the commentators. 'All credit to these referees, they come out and they know they're going to be subject to verbal bashing' 7.00mins onwards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

clsmooth wrote: »
    The highlights are terrible. Although worth watching to see the US fans and hear the commentators. 'All credit to these referees, they come out and they know they're going to be subject to verbal bashing' 7.00mins onwards :D

Looks like a few of the US players watch too much NFL/soccer with the questioning the ref, Clever in particular was terrible for it, which was made worse when he was questioning blatant indiscretions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Tox56 wrote: »
    Looks like a few of the US players watch too much NFL/soccer with the questioning the ref, Clever in particular was terrible for it, which was made worse when he was questioning blatant indiscretions

He has a habit of it. Paul Emerick was sent off last year playing Italy. Clever went over to the referee and mouthed off sarcastically "Oh, a red card, is that all you're going to give him?"

I think it was Garces who didn't get the nuances of the comment. If it was Barnes or Rollers, he was in the bin for giving lip.

Advertisement