Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA Eagles Vs Ireland - 8/6/13 KO: 19:45 local, 01:45 Irish time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

What was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Yanks goin for a lap!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Not exactly the best way of selling the sport to the yanks

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scatman carruthers

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    I went soft half way through. Fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

I'm so sorry digzy
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digzy
    would there be any point watching this? It could be awful for a few reasons,

1, USA are poor

2, When we're missing a lot of our top players the strength in depth is poor.

3, Are these tours not a bit of a bender? I vaguely remember reading about one of them in rog's tome! I doubt the usa focus the mind like the boks or ABs.
    1. USA are on the rise. They gave us a good go in the WC last time around. They're at home and they'll fancy their chances against is minus most key players. They will be up for it.

2. Arguably this is as strong depth we may ever have had. Considering our absentees we are fielding a XV made up of Heineken Cup starters. 11 of whom started either in Heineken Cup knock-out fixtures or in the Amlin Cup final. of the other 4; Henshaw & Olding are two of the most exciting prospects in the Irish game for a few years now and McCarthy & Strauss are no slouches.

3. There could be an element of "End of season holiday" but considering its a Lions year with fringe players vying for Test spots come November I think there is much for our lads to play for. Also, this is the first international fixture Schmidt will watch Ireland in with his New Ireland Head Coach cap on. Big opportunity for some players.

I can't way anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Wait, what, was Zebo even playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    Complete ****

You should have waited until the TG4 weather comes on :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

.ak wrote: »

He's actually the only player TG4 knew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I just stayed up until 3:30 watching that.

ive-made-a-huge-mistake-gob-arrested-development.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

.ak wrote: »

Yeah with about 3 Americans assigned to watch him like hawks ( or bald eagles)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beery Eyed

P_1 wrote: »
    Not exactly the best way of selling the sport to the yanks

Really? Speaking as someone who is currently watching the game on this side of the water I don't think it could've been a better ad for it! The atmosphere in the bar here was rocking and they were delighted to have put it up to a tier 1 country.

We didn't play to our potential, but they don't care about that. All they care about was that their team put in a massively brave effort & pushed us all the way. A much better way of selling the sport than a 30-40 point drubbing!

This has been the most entertaining match thread ever.

I'm staying up to finish my can. Perhaps I'll play a game of "Rugby '06" on the PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

What an awful game of rugby. What kind of training were the lads doing to produce that terrible performance? At this stage I wish Kiss would have just walked away after Kidney was sacked.

O'Mahony and Madigan the only Irish players worth noting for their positive contributions. Ross and Toner were very poor and Henshaw bombed a certain try.

Not a good performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

keith16 wrote: »
    You should have waited until the TG4 weather comes on :pac:

Christ you're right

Weather reports just arnt the same over here.

• Administrators Posts: 53,450 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Highlight for me was the USA 10's illegal penalty, where he just had the ball in his hands, decided to run a wee bit and then boot it.

Or the ref trying to adjust the scrum himself by lifting two props.

Or the "USE IT!" when the ball was in the scrum and the scrum was marching forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Sleepy snoozy time. What a day of rugby. Missus is away next weekend again (I should start to worry about these mysterious weekends away) so I get the same amount of egg chasing morning to night again.

Oíche mhaith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'm glad I watched it... 'cause there's no way I'd believe the stories tomorrow unless I'd seen it myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

I'm staying up to finish my can. Perhaps I'll play a game of "Rugby '06" on the PS2.

Give us a blow by blow account of your match,it'll be more interesting than the one we just watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

"HICKEY, is in for a try. Scores a try for.... ireland" Love that game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Weather girl on TG4 has been making most of the sunny weather it seems!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,790 ✭✭✭✭phog

Tame enough game for a bunch of lads trying to put themselves in contention for the Irish jersey. Hopefully, this game will settle them and we might see a bit more creativity next time.

Scrum was our saviour, lineout malfunctioned. Wingers hardly saw the ball, felt for Henshaw, didn't have the best of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Buer wrote: »
    Sleepy snoozy time. What a day of rugby. Missus is away next weekend again (I should start to worry about these mysterious weekends away) so I get the same amount of egg chasing morning to night again.

Oíche mhaith.

Next weekend I'm the same. The boards should have some sort of ... grouping with merriment. Drinks may be had. EARLY. In a suitable location.

the IRFU wont be inviting USA Eagles to Lansdowne Road anytime soon either

Swan Curry wrote: »
    Give us a blow by blow account of your match,it'll be more interesting than the one we just watched.

Ireland v Australia. It's raining.

O' Gara gets us underway "that'll have snow on it when it comes down" ponders a ponderous Ian Robertson.

It's a maul and despite lots of legs moving, it's going nowhere. I press triangle and take a sip of my beer while the players run into position for some sort of switch move.

O'Gara to D'Arcy, back to O'Gara, who knocks on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

That was an awful match from an Irish perspective and a great match from an American perspective. If America back this game up with another performance or two and a win somewhere it will do a lot for rugby in America. Ireland were awful, absolutely no gameplan. Kiss is not a manager. I'd call out some terrible performances but they didn't know what they were doing and the Americans were like Ireland in the 90s: all guts and drive but no skill. I was cheering for the Americans by the end, they deserve better.

Ireland v Australia. It's raining.

O' Gara gets us underway "that'll have snow on it when it comes down" ponders a ponderous Ian Robertson.

It's a maul and despite lots of legs moving, it's going nowhere. I press triangle and take a sip of my beer while the players run into position for some sort of switch move.

O'Gara to D'Arcy, back to O'Gara, who knocks on.

simon easterby on for a hatrick of tries

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

That was interesting to say the least.

The only way is up for a lot of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I am currently in America and the best part of the night was when I was in a bar watching the match and some Yank goes "I don't want to sit beside those guys, they're watching soccer".

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭lettuce97

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Bedtime chaps.

Its been an odd start to the post Kidney era.

POM has to be MOM.

Poor Zebo didn't touch the ball in the second half.

Gone from a longshot to a no hope if Bowe doesnt make it.

Ummm...!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Bedtime chaps.

Its been an odd start to the post Kidney era.

POM has to be MOM.

Poor Zebo didn't touch the ball in the second half.

Gone from a longshot to a no hope if Bowe doesnt make it.

(To the sound of applause)

...and these ladies & gentlemen, were DDC1990's famous last words...

Advertisement