Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA Eagles Vs Ireland - 8/6/13 KO: 19:45 local, 01:45 Irish time

Options
  • 08-06-2013 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭

Couldn't see a match day thread so thought Id just throw this up for those of us staying up to watch it live.

USA: Chris Wyles, Luke Hume, Seamus Kelly, Andrew Suniula, Taku Ngwenya, Toby L'Estrange, Mike Petri, Shawn Pittman, Chris Biller, Eric Fry, Brian Doyle,
    Louis Stanfill, Samu Manoa, Scott LaValla, Todd Clever

Replacements: Zachary Fenoglio, Nick Wallace, Phil Thiel, Peter Dahl, John Quill, Robbie Shaw, James Paterson, Adam Siddall

Ireland: Robbie Henshaw, Fergus McFadden, Darren Cave, Stuart Olding, Simon Zebo, Ian Madigan, Isaac Boss, Dave Kilcoyne, Richardt Strauss, Mike Ross, Mike McCarthy, Devin Toner, Iain Henderson, Chris Henry, Peter O'Mahony

Replacements: Mike Sherry, Jamie Hagan, Tom Court, Dan Tuohy, Tommy O'Donnell, Paul Marshall, Paddy Jackson, Felix Jones.

Im not very cretive with my opinions so no real preview here. Feel free to add your own.

I reckon Ireland by 15+
    Bright stars to be Olding, Henderson and O'Donnell off the bench.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

I wonder if Warren Gatland is considering calling up Zebo now with Bowe's injury; would he request pulling him from Ireland's XV?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

With players like Manoa, LaValla, Clever, Ngwenya and Wyles I'm guessing this is the first choice USA team?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Wait a minute, Seamus Kelly?

He is the guy from the video?!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

This should get everyone up for the game.

Or not.

At all (at all, at all, begorrah).

Classic Seamus Kelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

Could someone please send me a private message with a link as to were i can watch this.
    Currently living in Australia. Cheers.

You'll have to wait until closer to kick off, mogwai, but I don't envisage it as being a problem. Post here again just before kick off and someone will sort you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

mogwai81 wrote: »
    Could someone please send me a private message with a link as to were i can watch this.
    PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,723 ✭✭✭✭phog

mogwai81 wrote: »

TG4 are streaming it worldwide

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Nice look to that Ireland side

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

phog wrote: »

My only worry is falling asleep to Irish during half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Why did I get up at 6 this morning T_T...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sixy

Can u watch tg4 in the uk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

sixy wrote: »

post above says its worldwide

duckysauce wrote: »
    post above says its worldwide

Ok

sixy wrote: »

http://www.tg4.ie/en/player/tg4-player.html
    Being opened up for worldwide viewing. Fair play to TG4, credit where credit us due.

http://www.tg4.ie/en/player/tg4-player.html
    Being opened up for worldwide viewing. Fair play to TG4, credit where credit us due.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Its saying unavailable in the tg4 listings for me (in UK) whereas other programs say they are worldwide...

Anyone got confirmation that it will be worldwide?

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    Its saying unavailable in the tg4 listings for me (in UK) whereas other programs say they are worldwide...

Anyone got confirmation that it will be worldwide?

TG4 sport tweeted it earlier so I'd be sure it will be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Thats great news. I guess now the biggest question is do I have enough beer in the fridge to sustain me for the night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

would there be any point watching this? It could be awful for a few reasons,

1, USA are poor

2, When we're missing a lot of our top players the strength in depth is poor.

3, Are these tours not a bit of a bender? I vaguely remember reading about one of them in rog's tome! I doubt the usa focus the mind like the boks or ABs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

digzy wrote: »

1, USA are poor

3, Are these tours not a bit of a bender? I vaguely remember reading about one of them in rog's tome! I doubt the usa focus the mind like the boks or ABs.

I don't think out strength in depth is poor at all, in fact you will get to see a lot of the backups play today.

I can't imagine it will be a classic but its an interesting match to be sure because of the young talent on show and the style of play that suits them.

USA will be pumped up and have put out a strong side with a few guys who are very highly rated in Europe like Manoa, Ngwenya, LaValla and Wyles.

Ireland will be playing their first game in front of the watching Schmidt and will be hungry to show him what they can do. Good weather, eager teams. I'd say it'll be an interesting game.

No drinking on this tour. Irish team have been very concerned about the dehydration issues in Texas. No alcohol, no sunning oneself, daily weigh ins and urine samples.

Should be a bit of fun.

My reasons to watch this game are the likes of Robbie Henshaw, Stuart Olding, Ian Madigan and Ian Henderson. Young guys with huge promise who could be pushing for the 1st XV soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

1, USA are poor

1. USA are on the rise. They gave us a good go in the WC last time around. They're at home and they'll fancy their chances against is minus most key players. They will be up for it.

2. Arguably this is as strong depth we may ever have had. Considering our absentees we are fielding a XV made up of Heineken Cup starters. 11 of whom started either in Heineken Cup knock-out fixtures or in the Amlin Cup final. of the other 4; Henshaw & Olding are two of the most exciting prospects in the Irish game for a few years now and McCarthy & Strauss are no slouches.

3. There could be an element of "End of season holiday" but considering its a Lions year with fringe players vying for Test spots come November I think there is much for our lads to play for. Also, this is the first international fixture Schmidt will watch Ireland in with his New Ireland Head Coach cap on. Big opportunity for some players.

I can't way anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

and the fact it's the first post deccie match!

Burgo wrote: »
    and the fact it's the first post deccie match!

+1 big time

1, USA are poor

yeah what's the point loike

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Buer wrote: »
    This should get everyone up for the game.

Or not.

At all (at all, at all, begorrah).

For that they deserved to be pummeled, and pummeled good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Piliger wrote: »
    Oh Lord let someone be streaming in f'n English !!! :rolleyes:

Beggars can't be choosers

Advertisement