Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

There is a rumour going around this morning that Titanfall is only going to run at 720p on the Xbox One. I'm surprised by that if it turns out to be true.

Im not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Was interested in the collectors edition until I saw it's priced at £249. No thank you. The most I ever spent on a collectors edition was €120, for Halo Reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

€300 for the collector's edition of a new IP for a crap console that costs €500 at launch. Titanfall looks alright and I'll probably give it a go on PC but not a hope anyone with a functioning braincell would shell out that much for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

249£
    shocked-spit-out-drink-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I read EDGE's article and the odd one here and there & they kinda left me wondering, is there a single player campaign in this at all? None of them actually mentioned one? Have we now morphed from SP only > SP/MP > MP only?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Are they taking the piss with that collectors edition price? 300 euros for a cheap piece of plastic that will insure your virginity will be intact for the next 15 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I read EDGE's article and the odd one here and there & they kinda left me wondering, is there a single player campaign in this at all? None of them actually mentioned one? Have we now morphed from SP only > SP/MP > MP only?

It has no single player campaign.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/06/24/why-titanfall-has-no-single-player-campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    300 euros for a cheap piece of plastic that will insure your virginity will be intact for the next 15 years?

**BREAKING NEWS** Fathers Queuing To Buy Titanfall: Collector's Edition For Their Daughters

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ooof. Titanfall confirmed to be Xbox One exclusive.

See here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

CatInABox wrote: »

See here

I assume by that you actually mean it's not coming to PS4. Because it most certainly is coming out on PC.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Pretty stupid to limit their sales by not having it on the PS4 as well. I'll get it on the pc if i get it at all anyway, but it should be on both.

Will probably sway a few people to the One though, as it's been hyped up massively.

Kiith wrote: »
    Pretty stupid to limit their sales by not having it on the PS4 as well. I'll get it on the pc if i get it at all anyway, but it should be on both.

Will probably sway a few people to the One though, as it's been hyped up massively.

MS are probably paying them a significant amount of money for it anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

i see they kept their money grabbing ethics from their time at activision

(disgruntled ps user)

Strange decision really, not gonna effect me as it was always gonna be a PC purchase but I guess it'll help the Xbox out a bit alrite. I'm guessing its a similar deal to the Mass Effect one this generation, with the sequels most likely being available on both consoles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

See here

It was always only going to be a Microsoft exclusive though? Did I miss something where that was up in the air?

Was assumed to be a timed exclusive.

Magill wrote: »
    Was assumed to be a timed exclusive.

Why? They were pretty clear about it when they announced it, no?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

danthefan wrote: »
    I assume by that you actually mean it's not coming to PS4. Because it most certainly is coming out on PC.

Yes. I'll be getting it on PC myself.

For some reason, despite doing most of my gaming on PC these days, I still consider PC to be totally separate to consoles. When a game is only coming out on one console and on PC, I'd still consider it to be "exclusive". When a game comes out only on PC, I don't consider that to be "exclusive", I just think of it as a PC game.

A bit weird, but it's the way my mind works.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

COYVB wrote: »

There had been quite a few rumors in the last few weeks that it would be timed, till the game actually comes out and it manages to justify its hype, it will not disappoint that many people, no single player campaign or offline local multiplayer mode will turn some people away from it as well.

Because it was EA, most people assumed that it would come out on everything, regardless of what EA was saying at the time.

The fact that Microsoft didn't specifically state that it was totally exclusive also played into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Not really, they said it was exclusive, and lots of developer interviews alluded to it being timed, and the question was always danced around when asked if it was timed or full exclusive.

I must've been very, very naive for this one lol. Honestly never realised it was in question at all. No clue how I missed that at all :o

Well, Vince Zampella just said that the second titanfall will come to PS4 so I guess that's some good news.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=706403

Just had an interesting thought. Pure speculation on my part now, so be warned:

What if this is exclusive to the "Xbox Games" service? It's suspected that Microsoft killed "Games for Windows Live" to clear the decks for a relaunched push on PC games with out the baggage, so making this game use a new service would drive adoption of the service.

The PC sales lost from it not being on Steam would be nothing in comparison to what they sell on the Xbox anyway.

As I said, pure speculation, most likely pure bull as well, but just occurred to me.

What if this is exclusive to the "Xbox Games" service? It's suspected that Microsoft killed "Games for Windows Live" to clear the decks for a relaunched push on PC games with out the baggage, so making this game use a new service would drive adoption of the service.

The PC sales lost from it not being on Steam would be nothing in comparison to what they sell on the Xbox anyway.

As I said, pure speculation, most likely pure bull as well, but just occurred to me.

I don't think MS have much to do with the PC version, EA are going to publish it on Origin and only Origin to give Origin another big exclusive title.

I don't think MS have much to do with the PC version, EA are going to publish it on Origin and only Origin to give Origin another big exclusive title.

That's true. Just a random thought anyway.

Pity it won't be on ps4. I was looking forward to playing it. I have no intention of ever buying an xbox and can't afford or be bothered getting a gaming pc. EA's loss I guess :(

Pity it won't be on ps4. I was looking forward to playing it. I have no intention of ever buying an xbox and can't afford or be bothered getting a gaming pc. EA's loss I guess :(

If it's any consolation the console exclusivity seems to be only for this game, if there's a sequel it should be on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭circadian

It looks good but I can't help but feel that any of these releases using any sort of cloud computing are going to result in technical issues across the board.

Just look at pretty much every COD on release, GTA V or any other big multiplayer game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

It will be an origin game. MS only wanted Console exclusivity and would have needed to pay EA another huge sum of money to have it totally exclusive as its another game for EA to sell origin as a platform.

The only reason to use MS's pc gaming services is for the netcode it can provide however EA already have that infrastucture in play and is better for the most part

Advertisement