Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Never understood the FUT thing at all. Absolutely no sympathy for anyone who puts themselves in a hole playing it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

FUT ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

FUT ?

Fifa Ultimate Team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

marco_polo wrote: »
    I was simply passing by and was curious as to why an adult age, mature gamer really has nothing better be doing than this.
    He's probably sick and tired of getting his a$$ handed to him by 10 yr olds and spent all his time hiding in corners with a shotgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

returnNull wrote: »
    He's probably sick and tired of getting his a$$ handed to him by 10 yr olds and spent all his time hiding in corners with a shotgun.

Or playing BF2 and a bit of 3.

Meanwhile, 8yrs ago in the BF world,

https://www.google.ie/search?q=bf2142&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Y2vzUsKCHcqthQfm94CwAg&sqi=2&ved=0CEQQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=950

I am still waiting to hear what Titanfall has to bring to a party that is anyway new or origonal.

• Advertisement

Or playing BF2 and a bit of 3.
    You do know there's a forum for the BF circle jerk?
    Wasnt original then either.

Mean while ,19 years ago in the mechwarrior world,
    MechWarrior_2_cover.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Preferred MechWarrior.
    I am still waiting to hear what Titanfall has to bring to a party that is anyway new or origonal.
    I'm afraid you won't see anything new or original, bar how they implement it. Using the mechs instead of tanks, and using mechs that can pretty much run about parkour style looks like it'll be fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

^^ Yepp. A mix of Mirrors edge and Cod. Runandgun and jump.

So why all the hype ?.

Crazy Ivan also ,18yrs ago ;) .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

From what I have read and seen, I reckon the game took some inspiration from Metal Head from 1995 on the 32X

430px-Metal_Head_for_Sega_32X.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Can we all just give the dick-boy shenanigans a rest? Yes, you all have very large e-Penis' because you've heard of old games, lets move on.

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »
    Can we all just give the dick-boy shenanigans a rest? Yes, you all have very large e-Penis' because you've heard of old games, lets move on.

yeah its nearly as annoying as back seat modding:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭death1234567

returnNull wrote: »
    yeah its nearly as annoying as back seat modding:pac:
    Or the thrilling PC versus Console debate a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Or the thrilling PC versus Console debate a few pages back.
    What a silly debate.

=-=

Can't wait. I don't care if it's a copy, it looks shiny and fun. I hope they allow modding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The 360 version has been delayed by 2 weeks.

Rh7VhDz.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

Xenji wrote: »
    The 360 version has been delayed by 2 weeks.

Rh7VhDz.png

Clever move. Does this mean the 360 version will be more stable on launch though?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Haven't heard much of anything about the 360 version. Surprising really as it'll probably be the biggest selling version if the game turns out to be any good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Clever move indeed. Not surprised at all to be honest.

As for not hearing about it on the 360, my guess is that Microsoft is going to pour advertising into this, but with the proviso that the ads should not mention PC or 360 for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Beta sign up at 6pm PST for anyone interested. Add Vince Zampella on twitter as they'll be announcing the sign up website shortly before it goes live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Anyone know how many beta keys they are giving away for xbox one?

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Is there any footage of the 360 version? Really curious bout that one.

"Thank you for applying to the Titanfall Beta. You will be emailed by EA no later than 11:59 PM PST on Feb 17th if you have been selected to participate. Invite your friends to register by sharing this link on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. "

COYVB wrote: »

haha

just to point out, I got there before Vince did!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Is there any footage of the 360 version? Really curious bout that one.

Nope. They're pretty much pretending it doesn't exist so people won't know its coming out on that and will buy an Xbox One.

"The Titanfall beta is not final code and represents a small slice of the game’s content. Testing the game before release helps us create a better final product for our fans."

I'm sure everyone knows what a Beta is. If you don't want to ruin your experience I suggest waiting for retail. If you think you can contribute to the game prior to launch signup..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Using this beta to see if it'll run on my laptop, if it does, and it's somewhat enjoyable, i'll probably purchase it as a lot of people are.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is the site really badly designed, or is impossible to tell if you've applied or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Spear wrote: »
    Is the site really badly designed, or is impossible to tell if you've applied or not?

I'd imagine it's taking a hammering at the moment, but you'll definitely know that you've applied as you have to fill out a form, and then it'll take you to a page afterwards that tells you you'll be notified by the 17th of Feb AFAIR.

You'll definitely know though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'd imagine it's taking a hammering at the moment, but you'll definitely know that you've applied as you have to fill out a form, and then it'll take you to a page afterwards that tells you you'll be notified by the 17th of Feb AFAIR.

You'll definitely know though.

It just seems to go in a loop telling me to login, and never getting to the form.

Advertisement