Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Beta Trailer, new in game footage in it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Spear wrote: »
    It just seems to go in a loop telling me to login, and never getting to the form.

I got on a couple of seconds after that retweet without issue, try using the PSN or Live sign in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Is the site really badly designed, or is impossible to tell if you've applied or not?

I had this, my laptop is ****ed. So using my phone.
    When it states agree to t an c.. Beside it is a box to tick. It took me 3 tries to get it to work, the tick box never even showed up at anytime time before, so if you are trying via a phone, by the t an c on the left hand side you need to tap it. (dirty jokes aside)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I had no problem signing up this morning. Looking forward to this immensely!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

There would have been a lot of traffic shortly after it went up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

No doubt. I'm sure most of the US were asleep when I was registering so it was completely painless :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Just curious if anyone got an email after signing up?
    I did it and it said thanks bla bla bla but I assumed I'd get a confirmation email..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Noxin wrote: »
    Just curious if anyone got an email after signing up?
    I did it and it said thanks bla bla bla but I assumed I'd get a confirmation email..
    Think you'll get it by/on the 14th if you get in. Registration doesn't guarantee entrance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Think you'll get it by/on the 14th if you get in. Registration doesn't guarantee entrance though.

I just meant a confirmation email saying "Thanks for signing up"
    At least that way you know you did actually sign up.
    But yea they'll let everyone know by 17th if they got in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Can't believe in that whole game he only killed 11 people ! lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

It looks fun to be fair in the same kind of way MW2 was. Hopefully get Beta access to give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

What's the criteria for getting a Titan? Is it on a timer, is a perk similar to COD, where you need x number of grunt/pilot kills, is it a combination of both?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

What's the criteria for getting a Titan? Is it on a timer, is a perk similar to COD, where you need x number of grunt/pilot kills, is it a combination of both?

Reading the Eurogamer article it seems to be similar to COD in terms of streaks, but there is no punishment for death other than it takes slightly longer to get the titan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

It just seems to go in a loop telling me to login, and never getting to the form.

its a pop out box to origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think the first one is base on time but then it's game performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

From the game I played last year it was based on performance.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Jackfrags streaming the PC version now http://www.twitch.tv/jackfrags

Watching it a while there, he killed 9 bots before getting to kill an actual player :(
    I dont like this bot crap in a multiplayer fps at all,apart from that it looks decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Dcully wrote: »
    Jackfrags streaming the PC version now http://www.twitch.tv/jackfrags

Was literally just watching his first preview youtube vid,not even his own footage:(

Gonna watch the stream for a bit cheers

Is anybody really excited yet?
    Previews have not got me too excited,hopefully get into the beta and try it out for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Was watching the hour long Giantbomb preview and there was an open map where he played Attrition. There were only a few buildings and the rest was open area with some rocks for cover.

It looked dire, gameplay-wise, there. The EGX demo was a cityscape with buildings and windows. The locomotion allowed you to feel really powerful when you could get from one side of the map to the other in seconds. Here though, it just seemed far too neutured and far more like COD than it ever looked previously. Hopefully, it is just one map like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Good write up on the beta from Polygon
    Pairing those emerging moment-to-moment tactics with Titanfall's many unlockables, its diverse options for players to kill and the interplay of Pilots and titans make Respawn's next-gen debut the most exciting shooter in years.

Getting excited now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Watched several hours of streams. Looks fairly impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

whens the release date again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

returnNull wrote: »
    whens the release date again ?
    14th march(unless you set your console region to US and buy it on the marketplace then you can get it on the 11th)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

wexdevil wrote: »
    14th march(unless you set your console region to US and buy it on the marketplace then you can get it on the 11th)

And endure a lagfest with a bunch of yanks?

No thanks. I'd rather wait a few more days than sit through that hell. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

I've signed up for Beta watched a few gameplay videos

The game looks like fun, but nothing that i can find to get very excited about

Appears to just be 6v6 Brink deathmatch with a few robots thrown in.. anyway we'll see, but for now, seems a little overhyped, i predict a raft of 7 and 8 out of 10 reviews

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Jonny7 wrote: »
    I've signed up for Beta watched a few gameplay videos

The game looks like fun, but nothing that i can find to get very excited about

Appears to just be 6v6 Brink deathmatch with a few robots thrown in.. anyway we'll see, but for now, seems a little overhyped, i predict a raft of 7 and 8 out of 10 reviews

Expecting a metacritic of at least 85%

• Registered Users Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I think it looks kinda boring to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It'll do really well until Destiny comes along I'd say.

Advertisement