Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extermination through sterilisation - the solution to "skangerism"

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

old hippy wrote: »
    I'm telling you, you don't represent Irish society with that view. Germany in the 30s, perhaps but not in this day and age.

You have opened my eyes (and others, I'm sure) as to the fact that there are some people with very dangerous views at large. We shall be keeping an eye on you, fear not.

Don't worry once we are in power I will make sure we come for you and your ilk last. ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,792 ✭✭✭SeanW

Reekwind wrote:
    But then the whole notion that vast tracks of this island are being terrorised on a daily basis by a network of evolutionary throwbacks while the State turns a blind eye is in itself absurd
    Only it's not absurd, in many towns and cities it's very real.
    karma_ wrote: »
    Let's approach this logically for a second.

You say the Laws are not working... fine not too controversial an opinion to harbour.

Here's a simple solution, let's fix the damn laws instead of drawing up plans for a mass sterilisation/final solution.
    Great idea; lets have laws - and enforcement - that protect decent people. We could:
    1. Have an X strikes system that gives people plenty of chances to reform before giving up and changing to the focus to protecting civilisation from a routine criminal.
    2. Enforce laws severely, bringing out the army if an area is so problematic that the guards are unable to patrol it (Moyross/Southill in Limerick, Broombridge/Finglas in Dublin are two places that come to mind)
    Problem is that 1) can't happen because leftists would cry blue murder at the thought of locking someone up and throwing away the key no matter how much of a scumbag a person is and 2) Enforcing the law would be even more difficult than today with people like old_hippy complaining about Gardai defending themselves against assault. 3) You would still have heroin junkies and idle criminals popping out one kid after another at sometimes incredible rates, all most likely to be dragged up to carry on daddy's traditions. Laying down new policies to prevent this would be difficult.

So you see, primarily because of the bleeding-heart left, "fixing the law" won't work. That's why people are discussing more ... permanent ... solutions.
    Holy fúck like, the amount of posters who seemingly back this notion is absolutely fúcking terrifying.
    Again, if there were any indication that scumbags could be dealt with, it wouldn't be being discussed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Don't worry once we are in power I will make sure we come for you and your ilk last. ;):D

I read your contributions to this rather terrifying thread and I think of this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came...

Where would you start, out of curiosity? The inner cities? The unemployment black spots? The flats? Council houses? Less than salubrious suburbs and satellite towns?

And where would you finish your pogrom/purge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Where would you start, out of curiosity? The inner cities? The unemployment black spots? The flats? Council houses? Less than salubrious suburbs and satellite towns?

The far right will never be in a position to come for anything in this state. Except to the door to get their Chinese takeaway delivery.

Nodin wrote: »
    The far right will never be in a position to come for anything in this state. Except to the door to get their Chinese takeaway delivery.

I bloody hope so, a chara. I still don't believe we should be complacent, mind. All joshing aside, I'm pretty sure there's a few here who seriously believe the stuff they are vomiting out :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

I am pulling your leg old bean. You really do need to stop taking this place so serious at time. :)

I will admit there is an issue with the amount of scumbags on the streets there are some roads I would not go down to deal with them.

I bloody hope so, a chara. I still don't believe we should be complacent, mind. All joshing aside, I'm pretty sure there's a few here who seriously believe the stuff they are vomiting out :(

They can believe it all they want. They can even put on the rubber SS uniform and imagine carrying it out. That's all it will ever amount to though. They've no tradition behind them at all and no numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

There is no serious rehabilitation programme in this country and never has been. This has been pointed out time and time again. Perhaps educating yourself with the basics might be in order...

I'd suggest that you are wrong here,but perhaps you know that anyway.

The definition of "Serious" is what your contention depends upon.

No doubt the poor results of what rehabilitative programmes we do have are down to those who provide them,with no fault being attributed to those who simply use the availability of these programmes as a means of securing a "softer" sentence.

Pointing things out time and time again,as you say,does not in any way change the reality that large numbers of people are concerned about the frivolous lack of regard for the rights of non-criminally inclined folks,something which is reinforced on a regular basis by pithy coments like this....
    Perhaps educating yourself with the basics might be in order

People are educating themselves in the basics,just different ones to your prefered options,however,what appears to concern some is that this process is not resulting in the anticipated expansion of Nirvana,as gaeilge....;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

donegal. wrote: »
    did that mad whore in india not try mass sterilization ? can't remember the details, how did it turn out ?

I think they ran out of transistor radio's,but the passage of time allows for new inducements...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13982031

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

AlekSmart wrote: »
    I'd suggest that you are wrong here......

You can suggest all you want, though I'd prefer it delivered in a more concise manner.

You can start educating yourself in the meantime.
    http://irishcriminologyresearchnetwork.wordpress.com/2012/08/20/prison-policy-in-ireland-rehabilitation-research-reform-an-on-line-lecture/

• Advertisement

You can suggest all you want, though I'd prefer it delivered in a more concise manner.

You can start educating yourself in the meantime.
    http://irishcriminologyresearchnetwork.wordpress.com/2012/08/20/prison-policy-in-ireland-rehabilitation-research-reform-an-on-line-lecture/

Sorry old boy,but you'll get it in whatever manner I find stimulates my juices at the time...If it's too much for you,then all I can suggest is to walk-on-by....I certainly won't take offence ;)

As for the education dig,again,I'll dip in and out of a wide range of research,not all of which will adhere to your specific (and,dare I say,somewhat narrow) viewpoint.

I freely admit to glazing over somewhat when i come across headings like this,

The Significance of the Prison in Irish Nationalist Culture

I would hope that Prison,and being despatched into one,would indeed be significant in ANY culture.
    The Benefit of Personal Experience and Personal Study: Prisoners and the Politics of Enfranchisement

I have no doubt that these papers are all well read and of no litle significance to those who elevate themselves to bemusedly look down upon the rabble below.

I'm happy enough to muck around in the bear-pit meself,listening to the rabble ;)

I am pulling your leg old bean. You really do need to stop taking this place so serious at time. :)

I will admit there is an issue with the amount of scumbags on the streets there are some roads I would not go down to deal with them.

So, you're not really Khan Noonian Singh, then. Just having a larf. Hardly Swiftian, though.

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Sorry old boy.................listening to the rabble ;)

Its been said that educating the uneducated is a pleasure but attempting to educate the wilfully ignorant a punishment. Selective reading is the hallmark of the latter group.

The lecture is an insightful overview of the development of rehabilitation in Irish penal planning. Interestingly, during the first decades
    of the Free State the slow and often unchanging nature of Irish penal
    policy is highlighted; this is despite there being bursts of enthusiasm for
    rehabilitation as an ideal. This stasis, as Dr Rogan describes it, remained
    until the early 1960s, when a new energetic Minister for Justice was appointed. In this new role Charles Haughey put rehabilitation on the penal policy agenda; making this a relatively exciting time for Irish penal policy.
    During the 1980s, Dr Rogan states, the concept of rehabilitation was
    reduced to an expensive luxury which was beyond the limited budgets of the Dept. of Justice. However, it was during the mid-1990s that a sharp and long-lasting change in the language of prisoner reform emerged; with
    rehabilitation now being tied to softness on crime, and became ‘something of a dirty word’.

Advertisement