Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 a side football match for unfit / overweight players

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Where are people coming from? Ive no car at the moment but would still love to be involved. Unfortunately I can't even get a bus to the phoenix park. Terenure area

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Any movement on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Still 8...a few people who said they would come never sent their details.

Maybe the good weather distracted people, I don't know...

One option is to go ahead anyway and see who shows up.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭FatFrog87

Yes name a time and place and go ahead. 8 is enough anyway, just means more running :). Saturday I recommend to make it a little later than 10am but I will still come at that time. But 11am or 12pm probably would suit more people

Say saturday,11a.m at the pheonix park?,not too late but also early enough before the place starts packing up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Minatauro

yeah 10 or 11 is good for me also.

Ok, Saturday at 11am next to the Wellington monument.

See you then. I will text people who sent me their contact details later today.

Thanks

Just to confirm 11am on Saturday. I don't know how many of us will be there but if we need players there are always people willing to join.

See you all tomorrow. Later today I will pm my number to those who sent theirs.

Thanks
    G

Who is bringing the ball? Did not see it mentioned :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

FatFrog87 wrote: »
    Who is bringing the ball? Did not see it mentioned :)

Haha can you imagine!!!

If I am to go I will need to get 2 buses there and get two buses home in time for the liverpool match.

I am a maybe, I will try and sort out a lift cause I really wanna play!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭MrShivers

Where are we playing though? I know we're meeting up at the monument but where are we actually playing?

I presume within 5 - 10 minutes of meeting up. For 1-1.5hours

I was planning to bring a ball anyway. There are normally people playing by the monument.

See you all.

Good game today lads,my lungs are still burning.

I nearly collasped from the heat but all in all a good game! See you guys next week. :cool:

Yeah great having a game in the sunshine. Tough with the heat but good to get the legs moving again. Looking forward to next week for another run out.

Had a great time, very nice game with very nice people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

nice to play with you all, see you next saturday!

Everybody still ok for Saturday?

Yeah I am still in. Btw driving home the last day after we played. I passed those football fields. They were all empty and looked a lot better surface to play on. I think we should play there instead

• Advertisement

Yeah I am still in. Btw driving home the last day after we played. I passed those football fields. They were all empty and looked a lot better surface to play on. I think we should play there instead

sounds good to me,I don't know where they are,but if they're better they'd be worth the venture.

On another note,would any of you be uncomfortable playing against somebody in football boots?

Its about five minutes drive away from where we were. 5-6 football pitches together. Yeah I am not sure it is a smart idea to wear football boots. 1. The ground is going to be very hard so unless studs very small be very uncomfortable and secondly without the other players wearing shin guards can be dangerous even though there wasn't any rough play the last day.

Its about five minutes drive away from where we were. 5-6 football pitches together. Yeah I am not sure it is a smart idea to wear football boots. 1. The ground is going to be very hard so unless studs very small be very uncomfortable and secondly without the other players wearing shin guards can be dangerous even though there wasn't any rough play the last day.

That's grand,I suppose run it by everyone before Saturday,maybe even meet in the same place and head off from there.

Yeah that's what I was thinking myself,just thought id run it past you all anyway.

I am a bit at risk for Sat... My wife has a class so if I dont find anyone to look after my daughter I may miss it. Still tbc.

I'm on for Saturday. Probably won't be able to bring that friend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Hi Lads,

I may be available to play if there is spaces available. Can I PM someone?

Would be average player with a beer belly, late 20s

i should be fine for saturday also. Is it 11 again at the monument then head down to the football pitches? Or just meet at side of road beside pitches. They are straight forward to get to. From the monument head straight up the main road past the zoo until you come to the main roundabout in front of Aras. Take the first exit left and they are down the road on the left hand side (basically opposite the papal cross).

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

I may be available to play if there is spaces available. Can I PM someone?

Would be average player with a beer belly, late 20s

Hi, I coordinated last week's but may not be able to go tomorrow.

You can either send your mobile to any of the other players, or just go at 11 to wherever they meet.

Everyone was very punctual last time.

So is everyone ok with meeting up @ the football pitches across the road from the papal cross at 11am? or would it suit people better to meet at the monument again?

• Advertisement

Lets make it monument at 11am again and depending on the numbers might move up to the pitches

Advertisement