Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Great day in Hyrule...

Shoe shop opened, Dr. Shrunk came by to ask with my help with a petition/survey, I got Varia suit pants, I got my QR code sewing machine, and I got myself a slingshot! :D

Anyone wanna try out my Batman shirt, give this an ol' scan when you get the QR code machine!

Front | Back | Side 1 | Side 2

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Just started playing last night, currently sleeping in a tent.

Catching a few large fish and cracking open the money rock are a great way to start your bankroll in your first few hours, got about 60k in no time at all.

What all do I have to do before I'm ready to go visiting, and have people in my town?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Aaargh! Reading this thread is torture! Loved the older AC games but never picked up a 3DS, seriously considering trading in my Xbox 360 to for one just to get this and all the other delicious 3DS games I've missed out on.

Grrrr.. decisions decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

What all do I have to do before I'm ready to go visiting, and have people in my town?

Start by hooking up with some like-minded individuals, and open your gates (or go visiting). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Just started playing last night, currently sleeping in a tent.

Catching a few large fish and cracking open the money rock are a great way to start your bankroll in your first few hours, got about 60k in no time at all.

You need to pay off your house loan (10G) and then let the house be built (the day after you pay the loan) to get your citizen card (TPC), I think, then you need to go get a photo taken in the booth on the main street. Then go to the train station to head on out. If you have friends registered on your 3DS and they have the game you can visit - note : there's a thread for that in Games \ Consoles \ Nintendo :
    <note to self : insert link later> Edit : Beaten to it!

@TheGnome : If the "So Many Games" promo is still running, now's the time to do it. Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion 2 and AC :NL are all awesome, and you may as well get a free game into the bargain. Hell, if you buy a 3DS new you might still swing a free copy of Monster Hunter from the Hunt Together promo (register new 3DS with referral code from MH player, get game free), which may also feed into the So Many Games (buy 3 of 8 games, get 4th free) so you get great value for money from, say, an XL with AC : NL preinstalled and a copy of Fire Emblem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Ermegehd

My Able Sister's has a crown for sale today. I NEED IT! Just gotta earn a million bells by closing time....

With judicious use of the system clock and the island, you can do it in about 5-6 trips, at about 20 minutes per trip. Easy peasy! Just focus on the big money butterflies and beetles, chase and/or catch/release/sell to the girl for chump change anything that isn't at least about 2500 bells. You'll get a few goliaths, birdwings, elephants and other big money ones that'll bring your average up, maybe do it in fewer trips

We'll see. I've got a lot of real life to deal with today sadly ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Paid off the house loan, getting an extension on the house, nearly have funds for another bridge, managed to do the night life thingy by spending 20,000 bells and have a new person moving in tomorrow.

If only I was as productive in real life. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

I saw my first tarantula! I ran over all excited to catch it, and IT BIT ME AND I PASSED OUT. I was not expecting that to happen.

• Advertisement

Yeah little bastards. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Anyone else met Pascal yet? Scared the crap out of me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

We'll see. I've got a lot of real life to deal with today sadly ¬_¬

:P i'm confused....i've no idea when you post if you are talking about the game or like really real reality, like....i need to clean my house, in the game or fur realz.

this thread is whacky and fun to read! :P

Radiosonde wrote: »
    I saw my first tarantula! I ran over all excited to catch it, and IT BIT ME AND I PASSED OUT. I was not expecting that to happen.

:D

That_Guy wrote: »
    If only I was as productive in real life. :pac:

the way ye talk here its hard to tell is what real or what is the game ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

the way ye talk here its hard to tell is what real or what is the game ;)

I haven't a clue whether or not my gf is talking about the game or real life. :D

I'm collecting signatures to open a nightclub!

Can't wait to get my dance awn.

Nook just
    built me a basement.
    If the Able sisters get that gimp mask into stock, I'll invite yiz over!

Managed to buy a
    real painting off of Crazy Redd. Is it just me or are all of his artworks real-world pieces? He had what looked like Michelangelo's David holding a gym towel, a grecian discus thrower holding a flying saucer and 2 paintings that looked vaguely familiar. I went with a painting... very tense evaluation but it's legit.

Man, once you become discerning on
    the Island
    you can really crank out the bells. I'm authorising projects with the change in my pocket :)
    Fountain and Campsite are open, there'll be a face Standee thing tomorrow.
    Hurray!

Edit : Added spoiler tags. You're right, it does look weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

So the former mayor told me about the island. Went down to the dock to get over. "I'll send you the boat tomorrow"

You cock teasin' son of a bitch.

I think Graham is gay. He keeps inviting me to his house (which is not too unusual), but the clincher was when he said this to me this morning:

"My day wouldn't be the same without a little bit of Dave."

I'm really sorry that I didn't get a screen grab. I quit without saving and went back to him, but he didn't say it again.

Who says Nintendo aren't edgy? :o

• Advertisement

Hey, all of us need some 8 year old topical comedy in our lives, that doesn't make us gay! Although that Hugh Denis is prettier'n most women...

Sorry to be a killjoy, but is there any chance of people who are that bit further along spoiler tagging? It seems weird, but I'm new to AC and want to be surprised by the additions to my house and town etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Banjo wrote: »
    If the Able sisters get that gimp mask into stock, I'll invite yiz over!

Found this online for you...
    tumblr_mowwabl8Pq1s5yx07o1_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Well I cracked and picked up this with the special edition 3DS and I'm loving it so far. Unfortunately it was late by the time I started it up do most stuff was closed so I didn't get to do much other than get set up and collect fruit/shells.

Had enough to pay my first debt this morning so it's just waiting for my house and working on the permit. Manage to pick up a fishing rod though too so I'll be fishing my ass off in the mean time.

Am I missing anything I should be doing this early?

Oh and I've added anyone who gave out a friend code here, off to the main thread to get more.

1650 - 1845 - 2621

When you're starting the game, Isabelle asks you if you want anything first - use her to change the time to something more sociable (make sure you keep the day correct or weird things might happen).

Later on, you can change the town to be an early riser or night owl so shops are open early or late to suit your play style.

I learned last night that if you keep talking to Isabelle about advise for citizens, she will eventually give you a watering can! I waited ages and through many a wilted flower till I could buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

I have Katie.....anyone want her? :)

lila44 wrote: »
    I have Katie.....anyone want her? :)

Oh, go on then. I'll open me gates.

Radiosonde wrote: »
    Oh, go on then. I'll open me gates.

:eek: - am i reading too much into this? [perverted mind]

• Advertisement

I'm not the only one who read it that way! Thank god!

Advertisement