Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

A week left to catch these

tumblr_motpkvJzGu1sp8elno1_500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

ShaneU wrote: »
    A week left to catch these

Strangely, those fish show up as Summer-Fall in the Encyclopedia.
    Caught a Char this morning thanks to that image/guide, just stood on the cliff and cast into the waterfall. Line went to the bottom of the waterfall, and out came a Char, nibbling at the line!

Only one from the list I've not got yet is the Violin Beetle! Time to break out the axe!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Nook better be selling an Axe today, or I'm going to travel to another town, buy one there and then I'm coming for him with it, Torrence style!

Nooklings doesn't sell axes Banjo, it's another shop that does...

Say no more!
    Catching the Char - is it the Freshwater or Saltwater waterfall? I'm casting like a mad yoke into both (it's about 8am in my village) and nothing is coming for the bait! Tried above and below the seaside waterfall, same... does it only work if a char has spawned, and if so how do you tell?

Edit : Never mind, got one
    Mine was swimming at the bottom of the ocean waterfall, just a normal fishy shadow in the outflow before it hits the sea.

Nooklings is being remodeled today, so no hope of an axe :( (even though they don't sell them when they're open... you know what I mean.... argh... this makes no sense as a moan!)

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Edit : Never mind, got one
    Mine was swimming at the bottom of the ocean waterfall, just a normal fishy shadow in the outflow before it hits the sea.

Nooklings is being remodeled today, so no hope of an axe :( (even though they don't sell them when they're open... you know what I mean.... argh... this makes no sense as a moan!)

Same place I got mine, but I case into the waterfall itself from the cliff top, it came out from under the waterfall itself to take the hook!

My Nooklings is being remodelled today too, and there's another shop that's being build too, but it's taking a couple of days to build! Trouble is, I need my fortune cookie fix... C'mon man, just one fortune cookie, it won't hurt anyone... Won't someone take pity on a fortune cookie junkie?

I tell you what, you open your gates tonight (this is starting to sound like a really graphic come-on!) and I'll bring you my spare Fi mask, you can pretend you got it from a cookie. Just make sure that the Able sisters stay open so I can buy my little one the Princess Peach dress.

Pop quiz : I'm currently rocking a full pilot uniform - hat, formal pants, jacket - the works! Which works better with it, a monocle or a curly mustache?
    Alas, you can't have both :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

When on the international island, other players do things like dancing and clapping. I asked one guy, but his English wasn't great, he said something like "It is the reaction of pressing the lower left," and then he did a bunch of different moves. Anyone know how to do this?

Ye olde flowershop does axes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I tell you what, you open your gates tonight (this is starting to sound like a really graphic come-on!) and I'll bring you my spare Fi mask, you can pretend you got it from a cookie. Just make sure that the Able sisters stay open so I can buy my little one the Princess Peach dress.

Pop quiz : I'm currently rocking a full pilot uniform - hat, formal pants, jacket - the works! Which works better with it, a monocle or a curly mustache?
    Alas, you can't have both :(

I got a princess Peach parasol to go with my dress :cool:

• Advertisement

Radiosonde wrote: »
    When on the international island, other players do things like dancing and clapping. I asked one guy, but his English wasn't great, he said something like "It is the reaction of pressing the lower left," and then he did a bunch of different moves. Anyone know how to do this?

You get taught those moves when you're a little further into the game and someone new comes to town.

What a great day! Caught a whale shark, and Katie was in mah town and I got rid of her so will get a present tomorrow and also phineas came and gave me 2 badges and I streetpassed a girl who had loads of the balloon furniture but I have none.

Oh yeah, oh yeah I'm also now a member of club tortimer!

If only I could be so productive on other facets of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Alan enters my town, asks can he have sone fruit, I say yes. He then picks all my cherry trees and then sells them in the shop for 15000 bells :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I am insanely addicted to this game. Really enjoying it and it's only my 2nd day in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I just got this game today and I don't know what to think of it. Right now I have nothing to do. I still haven't payed for my house because it takes so long to get enough bells. I have just been collection cherries, flowers and shells. Can't catch any fish. I'm spending most of my time waiting for the plants and cherries to grow back so I can sell them and for the shop to get nets in stock so I can catch bugs. The start of this game is very slow and very limited imo. I turned it off because you have to wait in real time for anything to happen anyway. Glad it's not the only game I bought with the system.

Night Owl + T&T Mart = awesome :cool:

the trick at the start is to go to the shop and buy the tools on display, THEN do the tutorial - yer wan offers to show you how to either catch bugs or fish, and since you already have at least a net or a rod you pick the one you don't have, she'll sell you the equipment for 500 bells. If you happen to get both rod and net, she also has the option to sell you the spade instead as part of a different tutorial bit.

if you sell all your fruit *EXCEPT* the one perfect fruit you got (plant that!) and a bunch of bugs and fish you should pay off the 10G loan pretty quick. After that it opens up fairly quickly. Buy the cookie every day from Nooklings, you can flog the prize for decent cash (but they're too cool to sell!). Make some friends, visit their villages, gather foreign fruits - non-native fruit is worth a decent amount if sold off in bags of 9. Dig up fossils - sell them for big money.

Fishing : Turn up the volume, cast your float so it's somewhere in front of the shadow. Best time to do this is as it's finishing a forward movement, it'll start drifting back and your float lands in the path it's going to take when it moves forward again. When you hear the loud Plop hit A and you've caught it. Big fish and Sharks are harder to catch so you have to be faster with the A push.

If you play at limited times during the day, take a note of when you last saved, next time you play you can set the clock to a time after your last save then reopen the game. I'm always playing after 10pm but I'm too cheap for the Nite Owl ordinance, works for me.

Keep earning cash and selling stuff - you open the tropical island which is just a license to print money. Hell, if you want a loan, I just made 110K on the Tropical Island, I'll spot you till you open it up yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The start of this game is very slow and very limited imo. I turned it off because you have to wait in real time for anything to happen anyway. Glad it's not the only game I bought with the system.

5 tips for starting off (from two people on the development team):

http://ie.ign.com/videos/2013/06/25/5-tips-for-animal-crossing-beginners

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

the trick at the start is to go to the shop and buy the tools on display, THEN do the tutorial - yer wan offers to show you how to either catch bugs or fish, and since you already have at least a net or a rod you pick the one you don't have, she'll sell you the equipment for 500 bells. If you happen to get both rod and net, she also has the option to sell you the spade instead as part of a different tutorial bit.
    )

I'm not getting any tutorials at all, don't know oh w or where they are. I keep talking to everyone all the time and nothing. Just keep being told to walk along the beach to collect shells. Have a spade and rod, no sign of any nets in the shops yet.

I don't know how a 7 year old is ment to enjoy this or even get a decent start at it. I thought X: Beyond the Frontier was a slow starting game but this is up there with it.

Just keep being told to walk along the beach to collect shells..

Did you try bringing her back a shell like she asked you to?

• Advertisement

Sit in you Mayoral chair in the back of the town hall, far as I remember. Or talk to your assistant at the front desk - she gives you "advice" and if you do what you're told and report back she'll give you more tasks. Eventually you get the fishing/bug catching one.

MH3 - now that was a slow starter!

Still, this is not an action packed game. It's a relaxation and recreation simulator! If you come to it looking for heart-thumping excitement you'll be let down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Its not the kind of game you can play for hours at a time and expect to make huge progress in. Its really designed to be played a little bit each day so that it gradually opens up.

I find it best to have another game on the go alongside it. I play AC for about 20 minutes every day and it took me a week to pay off the first loan but I'm really enjoying it.

Digging fossils, finding the money/jewel rocks and visiting a few shops is now part of my morning routine (before I even get out of bed) :)

I do my fossils and rocks and some fruit and fishing on the bus every morning :)

It's a great game to have as a download title so you can have a "real" game in the slot. Having said that I haven't touched the "real" game in a week and a half :)

I do my rock bashing and flower watering while waiting for water to wash the dishes. Island bug hunting, selling and house loan repayments just before I go to sleep. Sundry fishing

It's strange, I spent the first few days avidly gathering fruit from other villages (foreign fruit was a staple of my economy on the DS version!) but I haven't actually harvested any of it since then 'cause I want to impress any guests who come calling :)

Perfect Fruit Call
    Has anyone got any? I have the perfect apples, and I'm giving them away as fast as I can grow them (another tree bloomed today so there are 5 in the store if you haven't got one yet - let me know) but that's all I've seen so far. Anyone got perfect pears, peaches, oranges...?

Edit : (ie not the normal ones :) )

Also, anyone know if you have a chance of growing a perfect fruit from a regular tree, or is that just a one-off the first time you move in to your town? Actually, does *everyone* get one perfect fruit from a regular tree on the first day, or am I special ? ;)

Edit 2 :
    So I got off my arse and googled it myself. Turns out that you can only grow a perfect tree of your native fruit. Planting a perfect foreign fruit grows a normal tree. They're more valuable as foreign fruit (3K each) but only really feasible as a cash source if you grow 'em natively and then sell them while visiting someone else. So let's forget I ever posted this, eh? :)

Edit 3 :
    Just reading this back, it's like watching myself have a mental breakdown in a darkened room. God bless the interweb.

I have about 10 fruits growing at the moment (including pears, peaches and oranges), and many new types planted thanks to my visitors on Monday night. Should be fully grown by tomorrow I'd say. Just regular fruit though...

You can only grow the perfect version of your native fruit. If you plant a perfect foreign fruit it just grows as a normal fruit tree. But you can sell perfect foreign fruit for a tidy sum!

I have none, but I picked all my cherry trees yesterday in the hope some perfect fruit might replace them.

Just missing oranges and persimmons in my town so!

You don't have oranges? Did I not give you any a couple of nights ago? I have tonnes of the buggers!

Got any Lychees? Swap ya!
    Just missing them and Persimmons.

You don't have oranges? Did I not give you any a couple of nights ago? I have tonnes of the buggers!

Got any Lychees? Swap ya!
    Just missing them and Persimmons.

I have lychees and a perfect pear tree growing. I missed out on perfect peaches at the start, would like perfect apples.

• Advertisement

I had gotten oranges before the connection error :( I have many lychees! I shall look out for ya when I'm online, maybe tomorrow night or possibly tonight if I don't clean my house (so it's likely).

Advertisement