Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

Gate is open!

Code is : 1048-8750-4470
    Name : Ashy
    Town name : snukaboo

Let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Well I had my gates open for a short while yesterday, went about my business and then got a communication error and reverted back to last save. Happened again later. Pain!

Don't know if I'll be bothering much with leaving my gates open for faraway visitors unless I knew a friend was planning to come over. I'll never remember to save after every bug or fossil to keep me from losing progress!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This game is ridiculously addictive. I'd play it for a bit, doing really mundane stuff like catching bugs or fish, then I'd save and shut it down. I'd load it again 20 minutes later and do more of the same. I nearly have my developers permit now, and then the game really opens up.

Multi-player is genius too (when it works). It's the equivalent of invasions in Dark Souls, but with butterfly nets. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

My approval rating was at 100% already the first time I applied for the permit somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Got my hands on two shovels and buried one thinking I would dig myself up a shiny gold shovel, no such luck. Speaking of luck has anyone done the fortune cookies in the nook juniors shop yet? I got myself a super mushroom, a Mario kart, Links Hero Boots and two fire blocks so far, you use the street pass coins to buy them,two coins for each cookie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

A yoshi's egg and 2 Pikmin hats for me. Gave one of the Pikmin hats away yesterday. Hit approval 100% last night and my Happy Homes invite is in the mail. Cherry and Orange trees should blossom today too. It's going to be a big night for AC :)

Turnips are in the Doldrums at 73 bells. If anyone gets a good price, let me know, I invested heavily this week...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I got a samus suit shirt from the fortune cookie today and then 2 non winners :(

Must check the price of turnips today. I bought some yesterday for 110 which is a bit high. Hopefully all my fruits should be ready tomorrow! :D I've got banana, cherry, pear, orange, mango, apple and lychee growing at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I have got two lucky tickets from fortune cookies so far, a Virtual Boy and a Wii Balance Board! 3D red line vomit inducing fitness, here I come!

Got access to the tropical island today too, so now I have my native peaches, cherry trees half grown, and just planted banana and durian fruit trees! :D

Just hit 100% approval today too, so looking forward to getting the paperwork back for it, to see what it opens up! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I have got two lucky tickets from fortune cookies so far, a Virtual Boy and a Wii Balance Board! 3D red line vomit inducing fitness, here I come!

Got access to the tropical island today too, so now I have my native peaches, cherry trees half grown, and just planted banana and durian fruit trees! :D

Just hit 100% approval today too, so looking forward to getting the paperwork back for it, to see what it opens up! :D

What day are you on? Can't wait to get the island for myself. My friend has it so was playing on hers and its very fun

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Day 4/5? Got it Friday night, and started just before midnight Friday.
    You unlock the island by
    paying off the first house loan, then talking to the person that comes to visit the next day...

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    A yoshi's egg and 2 Pikmin hats for me. Gave one of the Pikmin hats away yesterday. Hit approval 100% last night and my Happy Homes invite is in the mail. Cherry and Orange trees should blossom today too. It's going to be a big night for AC :)

Turnips are in the Doldrums at 73 bells. If anyone gets a good price, let me know, I invested heavily this week...

86 bells for turnips in Snukaboo! Hit me up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hi all,

Little one downloaded this the other day, and while she's really enjoying it, she's getting a bit frustrated that it takes quite a bit of time for some things to unlock (for example, to get Shampoodles to change her characters hair, eyes etc I was told you had to spend 10,000 bells between Kicks shoe shop or the clothes shop, then it takes a week for Shampoodles salon to appear).

Is there anyway to speed things up a bit, or failing that, can anyone offer some advice on ways she can pick up bells quicker or on what she should be doing in terms of progressing or getting more out of the game. You know what impatient kids are like :pac:

Thanks. :)

You can time travel by changing the date/time but there are pros and cons to doing this as Mr E has posted in this thread. That's the thing with AC, it's all about taking things slow, seeing what happens each day and during different times and letting your town grow and change over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

You can time travel by changing the date/time but there are pros and cons to doing this as Mr E has posted in this thread. That's the thing with AC, it's all about taking things slow, seeing what happens each day and during different times and letting your town grow and change over time.

Cheers. I won't even mention the time travelling or she'll never stop changing the time on it (:pac:) plus I want her to play the game properly.

After a couple of weeks things should start to develop anyway (bigger and better shops etc).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

As soon as you have your initial debts repaid and 100% approval rating, the game really opens up. A few days of play would get you there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

97% towards my development permit.....now to look for some boots in the river..:pac:

There's a sailor sleeping on the beach - any clue how to wake him up?

Also, is there a hoop I need to jump thru to get the slingshot? Had to watch 4 gifts float by and another fall in the water!

be other thing - are all non-coniferous trees fruit -giving?

Keep talking to him. He'll wake up after 6 or 7 attempts.

I think you get the slingshot in the shop eventually....

Got my permit, started my first development and I've opened up the tropical island. :)

Hurrray! My imported Oranges and Cherries just bloomed (it's 6am in my town...) but more importantly I'm delighted to confirm that if you get a perfect apple and plant it you get a perfect apple tree. I have now have 2 to spare if anyone wants to invite me over...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Wow, made 130-140k bells after filling up the drop-off box on the island with bugs last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

You know times are bad when you sit in a pub for the evening playing this.....as a couple.....

I did faraway visiting last night for the first time, worked really well. No communication errors!

Just gutted I didn't grab a snapshot of Cherryghost falling in my pitfall seed :pac: :pac:

Wow, made 130-140k bells after filling up the drop-off box on the island with bugs last night :D

must try this later - need cash! :) thanks to all who visited yesterday! :) island finally opened up!!

lila44 wrote: »
    must try this later - need cash! :) thanks to all who visited yesterday! :) island finally opened up!!
    Tried it again but mostly went for just the good bugs, 250k :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Just gutted I didn't grab a snapshot of Cherryghost falling in my pitfall seed :pac: :pac:

Go to hell.

Also:
    BNFasmKCYAAGFSY.jpg:large

raging...filled the drop off with bugs from the island last night, and only made like 50k in total....

Am I doing it wrong?

You're catching the wrong types. Take a look here (particularly the bug catching piece in the 3rd post):

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/66494728

raging...filled the drop off with bugs from the island last night, and only made like 50k in total....

Am I doing it wrong?

Only go for the good bugs, there's a list here for anyone interested: http://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/comments/1ghgzn/master_island_price_guide/

Only go for the good bugs, there's a list here for anyone interested: http://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/comments/1ghgzn/master_island_price_guide/

will try again tonight! thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

86 bells for turnips in Snukaboo! Hit me up! :)

227 bells each in Paradiso today

Advertisement