Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayweather v Canelo Alvarez September 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Gintonious wrote: »
    167 in that picture? I really don't believe that at all!

Agsinst trout he was 166 30 days out and still weighed in at 153.5, so is isn't that far off anyway.

I don't believe it. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it's a deliberate ploy to maybe make the PBF camp believe that he's gonna' really struggle hard to get to 152 lbs. In that foto he looks ready to fight. Toned and in very good shape. Now, knowing that he's a 154 lb fighter I would say he's between 156-160 lbs in that foto. No way he's 15 lbs above what PBF wants him at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Canelo will make the weight fine I'd imagine, will rehydrate as usual and will most likely be in the best shape possible and at his best thus far...but yeah the hair needs to go! Probably just so he'll sweat more while training.

I agree that Floyd is taking the piss a little, he knows that the agreement suits him a lot more no mater the no rehydration limit and no matter how it seems in the media...I just hope Canelo actually puts in the work prior to the night...hoping for a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Gorman700

It's either horse**** that he's 168 in the photo or else the boy is f*ucked. He looks quite drained at 154 tbh but seems to get it done in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Canelo is not 167 in that pic. The first thing he needs to sort is that little pumpkin pie haircut.

Can't wait for this fight. :D:) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭otto_26

Canelo will make the weight fine I'd imagine, will rehydrate as usual and will most likely be in the best shape possible and at his best thus far...but yeah the hair needs to go! Probably just so he'll sweat more while training.

I agree that Floyd is taking the piss a little, he knows that the agreement suits him a lot more no mater the no rehydration limit and no matter how it seems in the media...I just hope Canelo actually puts in the work prior to the night...hoping for a cracker.

For Pac-Man vs Cotto!!:

Cotto will make the weight fine I'd imagine, will rehydrate as usual and will most likely be in the best shape possible and at his best thus far...

I agree that Manny is taking the piss a little, he knows that the agreement suits him a lot more no mater the no rehydration limit and no matter how it seems in the media...I just hope Cotto actually puts in the work prior to the night...hoping for a cracker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

No way he's 167 in that picture. Where did you get that info, cos id love a link to it.
    If he was 167, he wouldnt be smiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Would love it if Canelo done to Mayweather what Mayweather done to Marquez and turn up at the weigh in 2 pounds over and then refuse to lose it and for Canelo to pay a fine. Mayweather would have a mickey fit though and prob call off fight cause its not all going his way, still think Marquez should have refused to agree to that fight especially after considering he was coming up 2 weight classes for the bout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Gorman700

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭TheKingslayer

It takes an unbridled amount of testicles to stand in front of a man, let him fire at you, counter, and then counter his counter.

The man is the most skilled and pure boxer of his generation, and possibly of all time.

Going to be a very nasty night for The Cinnamon Bun September 14th no matter what he weighs.

Starting to get wet for it already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

It takes an unbridled amount of testicles to stand in front of a man, let him fire at you, counter, and then counter his counter.

The man is the most skilled and pure boxer of his generation, and possibly of all time.

Going to be a very nasty night for The Cinnamon Bun September 14th no matter what he weighs.

Starting to get wet for it already.

lol.

You remind me of someone who used to post on here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Keith300

The Money Team

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Hard Work Dedication

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Steak and Potatoes for life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭TheKingslayer

Don't think Showtime or HBO will be able to better this.
    Slid right off my seat after watching it.
    WET

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭HeadPig

Biggest fight since Klitschko vs Haye I'd say

Will there be a showtime 24/7 equivalent for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭el flaco

HeadPig wrote: »
    Will there be a showtime 24/7 equivalent for this?

There will indeed. Episode 1 is this Friday in the States.
    Boxnation are showing it next Monday and Tuesday as far as I can tell. I think the Tuesday one may be Freeview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Found this pretty interesting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tom Hanks

Anyone giving Canelo a chance here?

The boy for me has a great chance against a man in the Autumn of his career.

Shall be a war I'd say no matter who wins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Watched it, must say i'm liking the vibe off Canelo, he seems actually confident that he is the one to beat Floyd, have often found some of Floyd's opponents like Guerrero have acted confident but really they don't honestly think they will win, Canelo seems different not trash talking but quietly confident that he will win

Anyone who has boxnation can watch the episode tomorrow night at 1900 hrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tom Hanks

Are there still plans for BoxNation to go HD for this bout?

Tom Hanks wrote: »
    Are there still plans for BoxNation to go HD for this bout?

Still no official date for this yet I don't think. It would make perfect sense to have it set up in time for this bout though.

There was mention of a PPV angle being added to their setup too. That could net them quite a few quid if they had it for this card too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Watched it, must say i'm liking the vibe off Canelo, he seems actually confident that he is the one to beat Floyd, have often found some of Floyd's opponents like Guerrero have acted confident but really they don't honestly think they will win, Canelo seems different not trash talking but quietly confident that he will win
    very hard to tell since Canelo is being translated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

im not as excited about this as many others seem to be.

Canelo is still undercooked for me, not rounded enough to beat Floyd. But I can understand the impatience he has, he is a growing guy and this is his shot before maybe moving even further up in weight.

Mayweather can see this. He know Canelo is a bigger and stronger guy but technically far inferior. I feel Floyd doesn't see this as big of a challenge as the public do. But it does his legacy no harm of course.

The one disclaimer I will add is that there surely has to be potential for Mayweather to get screwed here also should the fight go the distance and be in anyway close. Look at Bradley v Pacquiao.

A Canelo win satisfies alot of the money men in the world of Boxing. A sure fire star to take Boxing into the latter part of this decade. Floyd with a loss on his record is still a huge draw, and the Pacman fight would be an obvious avenue of course.

Would not be at all surprised to see Canelo receive a gift points decision and leave the world scratching its head at how the sports grandest fight could be so obviously pre determined.

im not as excited about this as many others seem to be.

Canelo is still undercooked for me, not rounded enough to beat Floyd. But I can understand the impatience he has, he is a growing guy and this is his shot before maybe moving even further up in weight.

It's now or never for this fight really. Canelo can certainly develop more, but Mayweather is 36 now. If he was to wait another couple of years who knows where Mayweather will be or whether he would even want the fight? This is as optimum a moment as there is going to be for this matchup.
    Canelo will probably never be presented with another chance at fame and fortune like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Is this only on box nation?

Can this fight not be gotten through upc?

pac_man wrote: »
    Still would rather the 24/7 series. The narrator was class on that. The storyline is starting to get a bit monotonous now, same shit about Mayweather spending money and having a troubled past with his father.

Couldn't agree more. Plus, for me, anyway, PBF is very boring. He lacks charisma and personality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

walshb wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. Plus, for me, anyway, PBF is very boring. He lacks charisma and personality.
    Mayweather has alot more personality than many other boxers.Its why hes so popular on facebook twitter etc

Advertisement