Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayweather v Canelo Alvarez September 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

What a card! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Johner wrote: »
    What a card! :eek:

Indeed. And if you look at what's coming up between now and then it can't come quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

What a card to get that card on boxnation for €12 and other fights in September seriously cant fault boxnation on that pure value for money considering its what $80 in the USA we are spoilt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

It's the best card in a long time. I think I'm actually more excited about watching Garcia v Matthysse than the main event :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

What a crad.Cant wait to see Matthysse knock Garcia out

• Advertisement

wadacrack wrote: »
    What a crad.Cant wait to see Matthysse knock Garcia out

No i cant wait to see Angel Garcia's reaction to Danny being knocked out, i actually find Danny ok its just his dad makes you want him to be KO'd and if theres one guy who can do it its Mathysse

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Gorman700

No i cant wait to see Angel Garcia's reaction to Danny being knocked out, i actually find Danny ok its just his dad makes you want him to be KO'd and if theres one guy who can do it its Mathysse

Whattt? Angel is hilarious, he tried to take Zab Judah on himself at the presser. Not making any predictions here, both concussive punchers, Mathysse maybe a little more. Fantastic match up!

Gorman700 wrote: »
    Whattt? Angel is hilarious, he tried to take Zab Judah on himself at the presser. Not making any predictions here, both concussive punchers, Mathysse maybe a little more. Fantastic match up!

If yo think that a racist idiot is hillarious then yes Angel is funny, why is he getting involved anyway he isnt the fighter and never has been tbh how dare he insult fighters not like he has the balls to get into a ring and fight

If yo think that a racist idiot is hillarious then yes Angel is funny, why is he getting involved anyway he isnt the fighter and never has been tbh how dare he insult fighters not like he has the balls to get into a ring and fight

It's all a game. All generates interest. I don't control him, just think he's funny. And I don't agree with everything he says. Mouthy trainers have been around since day one. Angelo Dundee, Teddy Atlas, Floyd Mayweather Sr, Roger Mayweather to name a very small few.

It's all a game. All generates interest. I don't control him, just think he's funny. And I don't agree with everything he says. Mouthy trainers have been around since day one. Angelo Dundee, Teddy Atlas, Floyd Mayweather Sr, Roger Mayweather to name a very small few.

It's not a game with him, and how is he funny? He's ridiculously obnoxious. The dictionary definition of unfunny. I would have turn the tv off if he came on. Horrendous individual.

• Advertisement

Tyson Fury is funny imo. Angel Garcia is extremely ignorant and he is an embarrassment to his son.Bth concussive punchers. Lucas hits much harder than Garcia

wadacrack wrote: »
    Bth concussive punchers. Lucas hits much harder than Garcia

Harder, but much harder? Both are concussive hitters, as you said.

walshb wrote: »
    Harder, but much harder? Both are concussive hitters, as you said.
    Garcia has 2 KO from his last 6 fights since he stepped up!!26 fights 16 KO.
    Matthysse 6KO last 6 32 KO from 36.So double the amount of KO' than Garcia

It's not a game with him, and how is he funny? He's ridiculously obnoxious. The dictionary definition of unfunny. I would have turn the tv off if he came on. Horrendous individual.

He's funny because when he trash talks, people laugh, you must hate boxing seeing as most of them are obnoxious and talk rubbish.

I think people are letting hatred for Garcia cloud judgement on this fight. It's alot closer than people think imo. Matthysse is a worthy favourite but it wouldn't be a huge surprise if Garcia wins. Bookies have it like that aswell.

I think people are letting hatred for Garcia cloud judgement on this fight. It's alot closer than people think imo. Matthysse is a worthy favourite but it wouldn't be a huge surprise if Garcia wins. Bookies have it like that aswell.

I feel it's all stemming from his dad not being everyone's cup of tea. Danny isn't too bad a guy as boxers go!

While Matthysse has a higher KO % in his last 6, I think Garcia has faced better opposition in Judah, Khan, Morales, whereas Lucas has Humberto Soto (who I never rated) and Peterson (who I also never thought had much of a killer instinct).

Anybody see wannabe Floyd (Broner) tweet to Garcia saying take care of Matthysse and he'll take care of Maidana.

Anyone rate Broner @147??

I feel it's all stemming from his dad not being everyone's cup of tea. Danny isn't too bad a guy as boxers go!

While Matthysse has a higher KO % in his last 6, I think Garcia has faced better opposition in Judah, Khan, Morales, whereas Lucas has Humberto Soto (who I never rated) and Peterson (who I also never thought had much of a killer instinct).

Anybody see wannabe Floyd (Broner) tweet to Garcia saying take care of Matthysse and he'll take care of Maidana.

Anyone rate Broner @147??

Love him or hate him, Broner's style and the others' styles make for real tasty fights. Love to see Broner in with Khan-Garcia-Mattysse-Maidan

Love him or hate him, Broner's style and the others' styles make for real tasty fights. Love to see Broner in with Khan-Garcia-Mattysse-Maidan

Judging by his one welterweight fight with Mallignaggi he didn't seem to bring his power up from 130. If that's the case he will need to reassess as Paulie is pillow fisted and if Adrien comes up against a heavy handed guy, I think he'll fall apart. Unless he just had a flat night against Paulie, he was unimpressive.

Judging by his one welterweight fight with Mallignaggi he didn't seem to bring his power up from 130. If that's the case he will need to reassess as Paulie is pillow fisted and if Adrien comes up against a heavy handed guy, I think he'll fall apart. Unless he just had a flat night against Paulie, he was unimpressive.

I wasn't that impressed with Broner against Paulie but Paulie is an awkward opponent for anyone and is a better fighter than he is given credit for.

I wasn't that impressed with Broner against Paulie but Paulie is an awkward opponent for anyone and is a better fighter than he is given credit for.

Yeah your right, I always said if he had power he would be one of the best in the world, he has everything else! Broners next fight at 147 will tell if he belongs there, if its Maidana he'll need to sort his stamina out and throw bombs for the night, he'll never get the nod over Broner (remember the khan fight). I think Broner is all wrong for boxing, would like to see him derailed and put back in his box.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭TheKingslayer

did you guys see the 30 day weigh ins.
    Canelo at 167.
    He looks to be in trouble I think. 15 lbs to drop off over the course of a month is a lot, and he'll look to balloon back up then for fight night. big mistake in my eyes.
    There's not much fat left on him in this pic, and if truth be told he looks like he might have dehydrated to get down below the 169 maximum limit.

saul-alvarez.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭el flaco

His hair looks weird. They'll need to sort that for fight night. Can't have him entering the biggest event if his life with his barnet like that.

I really, really, hope the weight doesn't derail/taint the spectacle of this matchup.

did you guys see the 30 day weigh ins.
    Canelo at 167.
    He looks to be in trouble I think. 15 lbs to drop off over the course of a month is a lot, and he'll look to balloon back up then for fight night. big mistake in my eyes.
    There's not much fat left on him in this pic, and if truth be told he looks like he might have dehydrated to get down below the 169 maximum limit.

saul-alvarez.jpg

He's hardly 167 in this foto? If so, he's ****ed!

Matthysse is a beast, he will KO any of the guys out there, Garcia, Broner, Khan will all get KO'd by Lucas, Lamont Peterson was a top level 140 fighter and he got destroyed ! Remember aswell i honestly think he beat Judah in a close fight and he is better then he once was

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

He's hardly 167 in this foto? If so, he's ****ed!

Ya the kid looks in a bit of trouble alright, and it does look like he's a little bit dehydrated in the pic aswell to be as cut as he is.
    For arguments sake we'll say he's not dehydrated there, but there's pretty much no fat to come off, 1/2 a pound at most.
    So he's got 4 weeks, he could (and likely will) knock off 5-6 lbs of muscle in that time while he's still training hard and dieting, and if he trains right and eats right he can still maintain a lot of his speed and strength while he does this.
    But then he's got to sweat off 8-9 lbs of water for the weigh in........that's just absolutely crazy.

Even with Chavez Jnr style weight making methods, perfect nutrition and hydration post weigh in and an IV drip stuck into him overnight, I just can't see him being in anywhere near the condition required to fight a man of Floyd Mayweather's calibre.

A growing kid who's not finding it that easy to make 154 lbs, and they agree to a fight at 152 lbs......lunacy. Stupidest thing since Chad Dawson agreed to drop half a stone to fight Andre Ward at Super-Middleweight.

Big Ears wrote: »
    Ya the kid looks in a bit of trouble alright, and it does look like he's a little bit dehydrated in the pic aswell to be as cut as he is.
    For arguments sake we'll say he's not dehydrated there, but there's pretty much no fat to come off, 1/2 a pound at most.
    So he's got 4 weeks, he could (and likely will) knock off 5-6 lbs of muscle in that time while he's still training hard and dieting, and if he trains right and eats right he can still maintain a lot of his speed and strength while he does this.
    But then he's got to sweat off 8-9 lbs of water for the weigh in........that's just absolutely crazy.

Even with Chavez Jnr style weight making methods, perfect nutrition and hydration post weigh in and an IV drip stuck into him overnight, I just can't see him being in anywhere near the condition required to fight a man of Floyd Mayweather's calibre.

A growing kid who's not finding it that easy to make 154 lbs, and they agree to a fight at 152 lbs......lunacy. Stupidest thing since Chad Dawson agreed to drop half a stone to fight Andre Ward at Super-Middleweight.

Spot on, and it's why I am not ready to believe that he's 167 lbs and smiling in that foto. I'd like some actual confirmation.

BTW, I wonder will the same folks who criticised Manny for the Cotto catch weight fight criticise Floyd for making Canelo drop weight?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭otto_26

BTW, I wonder will the same folks who criticised Manny for the Cotto catch weight fight criticise Floyd for making Canelo drop weight?

No of course not.

Floyd why oh why did you make the fight at 152 its bull****, first off it gives everyone a reason to say that Canelo wasnt at his best, secondly it looks like Canelo will in fact be weight drained, i'm actually pissed at Mayweather he cant just fight a fight without handicapping Canelo, its not like he has never fought at 154 before more bollix from Floyd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

167 in that picture? I really don't believe that at all!

Agsinst trout he was 166 30 days out and still weighed in at 153.5, so is isn't that far off anyway.

Advertisement