Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Brian2011

Can someone please tell me when the Bozak Horde DLC for dying light is coming out in Ireland, coz it was released on the 26th May, but I presume that is America only or something coz I can't find it in the Playstation store??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I saw something on Twitter earlier suggesting that they're aware of some sort of problem with the PlayStation Store and this DLC, but I wasn't paying too much attention. It downloaded via Steam for me on the PC no problems, so it's been released here.

http://www.twitter.com/dyinglightgame I think is their Twitter page.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Brian2011 wrote:
    Can someone please tell me when the Bozak Horde DLC for dying light is coming out in Ireland, coz it was released on the 26th May, but I presume that is America only or something coz I can't find it in the Playstation store??

Did you try search for "The Zombie Games" instead of Bozak Horde?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Does anyone know the price of the horde mode DLC is on Xbox One?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Does anyone know the price of the horde mode DLC is on Xbox One?

Ten Dollars according to xbox.com, season pass is 20.

season pass might be the way to go tbh, I'd like to see what the buggy driving stuff is all about.

Edit - it took me a while to find it - its called "the zombie games" I had to go in through the season pass and find it there.

• Advertisement

Is the Bozak Horde mode multiplayer or single player?

I hope its multiplayer. The trailer makes it look like its single player.

Is the Bozak Horde mode multiplayer or single player?

I hope its multiplayer. The trailer makes it look like its single player.

http://kotaku.com/dying-lights-new-bow-and-arrow-is-driving-some-players-1707235366

looks like its "single player" but you can join a session like the way the original game did when playing the story missions with friends.

Update

Bought the season pass and downloaded the Bozak mode DLC.

You can play it in single and co-op. It's the best laugh I have had in quite a while. It contains 20 stages, each challenging in varies ways. I don't want to spoil anything but just highly recommend this as a purchase.

I played it with Tony1980, we reached stage 13 before calling it a night. I recommend not watching videos about it on YouTube so you don't spoil the challenge and fun you'll have figuring it out.

If you haven't fully ranked up your in game abilities i'd suggest you tackle that first before trying to complete the horde mode, you'll need them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Some craic last night I have to say, would love to try 4 player co-op in this tonight if anyone else is up for it.

tony1980 wrote: »
    Some craic last night I have to say, would love to try 4 player co-op in this tonight if anyone else is up for it.
    Felt like I needed chalk powder last night to keep my grip from slipping off the controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

This game is HARD! Only about 2 hours in but constantly living on 25 health points with no med kits. All the zombies seem to take like 15 whacks to kill, and if there's more than 2 at one time forget about it - I literally scrape through battles with 2 of them, but my guy is wheezing after 4 or 5 swings so they get loads of hits in on me.

All my searching of chests and boxes on roof tops seem to only through up the odd box of nails (which I can't use for anything) or coffee and chocolate bars which replace 5 points of health! I've found the odd press with a bit more and I made an electrical water pipe weapon once but it was un-repairable after the first safe house I tried to clear. The only way I've cleared another 2 safe houses is by jumping in, whacking 1 or 2 a few times, jumping out and gathering my breath, and doing it again. If those fast ones turn up I just stand on top of a fence and try kick them until they've fallen about 20 times and eventually die. And the orange ones? Forget about it. Even if I get into a routine of side and back hits, he's shouting so much the fast ones just turn up in 3's and kill me.

Any tips!? (PS4, not PC)

This game is HARD! Only about 2 hours in but constantly living on 25 health points with no med kits. All the zombies seem to take like 15 whacks to kill, and if there's more than 2 at one time forget about it - I literally scrape through battles with 2 of them, but my guy is wheezing after 4 or 5 swings so they get loads of hits in on me.

All my searching of chests and boxes on roof tops seem to only through up the odd box of nails (which I can't use for anything) or coffee and chocolate bars which replace 5 points of health! I've found the odd press with a bit more and I made an electrical water pipe weapon once but it was un-repairable after the first safe house I tried to clear. The only way I've cleared another 2 safe houses is by jumping in, whacking 1 or 2 a few times, jumping out and gathering my breath, and doing it again. If those fast ones turn up I just stand on top of a fence and try kick them until they've fallen about 20 times and eventually die. And the orange ones? Forget about it. Even if I get into a routine of side and back hits, he's shouting so much the fast ones just turn up in 3's and kill me.

Any tips!? (PS4, not PC)

Its a while since I played, but have you done a few story missions first to build you up a little and get yourself some crafting blueprints? you can also use the gas cylinders to give yourself a bit of an advantage. some outposts are harder than others, try staying close to the towers at first. The start of the game is definitely harder than the end as you're a lot more helpless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Any tips!? (PS4, not PC)

Get the natural medikit blueprint as it only costs 3 herbs to make compared to one alcohol and gauze with the medikit blueprint. Also capture the safe houses during the daytime as volatiles only come out at night

I'll def get that medikit blueprint! Have been carrying around tonnes of herbs I came across.

RE missions I'm on Pact with Rais (just done the two radio antennas). Have been running around headless exploring since those missions. Maybe I'll do a bit more and see if my guys bulks up a bit. I flung one of those gas cylinders down from the top of one of the radio towers at an orange guy expecting a giant explosion but nothing happened so I assumed you needed a gun or something to blow them up..

I'll def get that medikit blueprint! Have been carrying around tonnes of herbs I came across.

RE missions I'm on Pact with Rais (just done the two radio antennas). Have been running around headless exploring since those missions. Maybe I'll do a bit more and see if my guys bulks up a bit. I flung one of those gas cylinders down from the top of one of the radio towers at an orange guy expecting a giant explosion but nothing happened so I assumed you needed a gun or something to blow them up..

Ah you should be ok so.

hit the gas cylinders a slap , then run away.

You're hitting them on the head, right? Always aim for the head. If you've got a bladed weapon, aim for the throat and decapitate - the hitboxes matter. Don't eat the coffee - sell it (in fact, you'll need some for a side quest later on). Never found myself short of resources when playing this on both PC and PS4, you gotta be a loot whore and leave no stone unturned :D

It is definitely tough in the early stages though, don't feel bad about that :) The one or two hits and ducking away is the best thing for sure, so you're on the right track :) Kicking does almost no damage at all till you unlock the "stomp on their head and mash it into bits" skill (should be one of the first you try to unlock, keep an eye out for it) or the dropkick (less useful and difficult to hit with, even with a mouse & keyboard for controls - the Z's have an awful habit of ducking or shambling to one side as you're charging at them).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Ohh Shots fired at Destiny over their Red Bull DLC deal lol. (Posted on the official Dying Light Facebook page)

11141369_594797790663271_6574174429778538949_n.jpg?oh=40cc76fbc7a5c65dbd45236e6bca03c7&oe=561DD093

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Ohh Shots fired at Destiny over their Red Bull DLC deal lol. (Posted on the official Dying Light Facebook page)
    Thats just awesome. Great thinking from Techland.

I made a bit of headway last night - turns out I wasn't "dodging" using R1, I was just running backwards! Also aiming the swings more has probably halved the number of hits I need to drop one, and also took out my first goon at the antenna safe house :cool:

Few questions on co-op:
    Does anyone know if you can speak to other players while in co-op? Any randomers I've dropped into a game with don't seem to have mics.
    Also, if you drop into a game and they're slightly ahead of you, can you revert to where you were? I think I fast-forwarded a section when I joined a game and then when I dropped out it just started me at that same position...Or is it better to only join games at checkpoints in safe areas because its more likely the game will match you correctly?
    Lastly, can you find matches for side quests, or is it only the main story that gets matched?

I made a bit of headway last night - turns out I wasn't "dodging" using R1, I was just running backwards! Also aiming the swings more has probably halved the number of hits I need to drop one, and also took out my first goon at the antenna safe house :cool:

Few questions on co-op:
    Does anyone know if you can speak to other players while in co-op? Any randomers I've dropped into a game with don't seem to have mics.
    Also, if you drop into a game and they're slightly ahead of you, can you revert to where you were? I think I fast-forwarded a section when I joined a game and then when I dropped out it just started me at that same position...Or is it better to only join games at checkpoints in safe areas because its more likely the game will match you correctly?
    Lastly, can you find matches for side quests, or is it only the main story that gets matched?

when you join a game, you'll be doing whatever quests the host is doing, be careful as you can quite easily have story elements spoiled for you. If you can find a friend who's starting out as well, you'll do a lot better.

• Advertisement

I've not tried any of the co-op I'm afraid, must revisit and give it a go though.

Shiminay wrote: »
    I've not tried any of the co-op I'm afraid, must revisit and give it a go though.

Its actually hilarious, there can be quite a lot of 'accidental' shootings of explosive barrels :D and plenty mockery when someone fails a jump. ktulu on here has posted some very funny vids further back in the thread to give you an idea of what goes on.

Well I have control of the Boards Twitch channel, I'd be up for streaming some PC co-op parkour shenanigans at the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Thinking of picking this up (40 quid in argos, new!).. Heard great things, is it worth it yeh? Just want to have a game I can dip into for an hour or two every so often.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

.ak wrote: »
    Thinking of picking this up (40 quid in argos, new!).. Heard great things, is it worth it yeh? Just want to have a game I can dip into for an hour or two every so often.

Ya its great fun, very tense feeling while playing it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I never got around to trying to co-op on this and was thinking there are not many players left. Hoping to try some this weekend if anyone is around on PS4.

For €40 I say go for it. It great fun, tough at the start until you unlock more abilities and then the fun starts.

.ak wrote: »

I reckon its one of the best games released this year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'd loved to play some co op

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

PSN is zathurais for any who want to have a go at the multiplayer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I reckon its one of the best games released this year.

High praise! I'll pick it up this evening so.

Advertisement