Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

Just got this a few days ago.

Hate to say its more impressive than I thought.

Climbing and free running works well, takes timing and planning as opposed to something like AC.
    Good atmosphere and feel, you feel the need to stay high and not like breeze by enemies.

Bit disappointed to find out Zombie Invasion was limited to pre orders... That's a new low in holding content, it's also a waste of time it you're alone as you're not taking out that many nests.
    Decided to disable that, wish it it was a separate MP mode open to all.

All in all, a worthy investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just got this a few days ago.

Hate to say its more impressive than I thought.

Climbing and free running works well, takes timing and planning as opposed to something like AC.
    Good atmosphere and feel, you feel the need to stay high and not like breeze by enemies.

Bit disappointed to find out Zombie Invasion was limited to pre orders... That's a new low in holding content, it's also a waste of time it you're alone as you're not taking out that many nests.
    Decided to disable that, wish it it was a separate MP mode open to all.

All in all, a worthy investment.

yeah, its a fantastic game, I often find myself thinking about dipping back into it which is really unusual for me, normally when I'm done with a game, there's no going back.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well now that they've released the dev tools, there's gonna be a huge influx of interesting content I think.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Well now that they've released the dev tools, there's gonna be a huge influx of interesting content I think.

console peasant here I'm afraid :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Ah, sorry :( There are 2 or 3 pieces of "Season Pass" DLC too, aren't there? It seems to me that there's scope for some kind of time trial challenge mode sorta thing and the dev tools do make it easy to create an entirely new map to play on, so there's no reason the devs should be limited in their scope and imagination :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

So there's no wall running in this? Strange choice for a free running game. Does it slow you down at all or do the other abilities and grappling hook make up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

So there's no wall running in this? Strange choice for a free running game. Does it slow you down at all or do the other abilities and grappling hook make up for it?

Grappling hook all the way around the map, can grapple onto everything, even surfaces lower than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Grappling hook all the way around the map, can grapple onto everything, even surfaces lower than you.
    Does that mean you can use it to break falls? :pac:

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭da gamer

Is this worth picking up lads? Is it more of a multiplayer game as opposed to a sp campaign? Where is the cheapest place to get it?

• Advertisement

da gamer wrote: »
    Is this worth picking up lads? Is it more of a multiplayer game as opposed to a sp campaign? Where is the cheapest place to get it?

Single player is good on its own, but multiplayer is where the hilarity kicks in. Check out our a few vids by ktulu on here for a good idea of what to expect

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

or car roofs! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Where's the cheapest place to buy this on ps4 brick and mortar??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Where's the cheapest place to buy this on ps4 brick and mortar??

It's €60 in Argos or Smyths and €70-75 everywhere else.

Amazon have it for €54 and it's €45 on PSN until Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I would buy it on psn but my hard drive is full(need to upgrade) off to argos I go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

"If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"

QhwMcF3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I'm about 70% through the story line, but I've decided to back track a little and complete all side quests.

Only ones I've left to do before I continue on with the main story is the quarantine zones.

Went into one, an under ground garage, and I high tailed it out of there in seconds... Any tips on how to handle those crazy f*ckers?

Went into one, an under ground garage, and I high tailed it out of there in seconds... Any tips on how to handle those crazy f*ckers?
    yeah, that's probably one of the hardest ones, best to leave that until you have powerful enough weapons to take down the reapers with one or two well placed hits or you'll (repeatedly) be toast.

the other option is to corner them with kurts flares and then go in for the kill, but they burn out pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Dying light has gone live in the Steam workshop, there's guys building whole cities!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tempted to get this if its still 45 on the store :pac:

• Advertisement

vibe666 wrote: »
    yeah, that's probably one of the hardest ones, best to leave that until you have powerful enough weapons to take down the reapers with one or two well placed hits or you'll (repeatedly) be toast.

the other option is to corner them with kurts flares and then go in for the kill, but they burn out pretty quick.

I'm currently near level 20 on all skill tree's, weapons are around 550-600 in damage once modified. Not ventured out at night much, but any time I do I just 1 shot regular zombies. not attempted to fight volatiles just yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

not attempted to fight volatiles just yet..

Go on.......... Go on...........go on, go on, go on, go on, go on,go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on,go on, go on, go on, go on, go on,go on, go on, go on, go on, go on.....you'll like it:D

I'm currently near level 20 on all skill tree's, weapons are around 550-600 in damage once modified. Not ventured out at night much, but any time I do I just 1 shot regular zombies. not attempted to fight volatiles just yet..

Ah come on. I took down my first Volatile at around level 7-8 for all skills. I venture out at night alot since level 10 but have never taken down another Volatile since.

At level 13 all round now and 26 hours in and only 30% through the story. Don't know where all the time has gone, just enjoying it so much I don't see the time going.

jesus christ... that's the last time I listen to ye guys.. Went out looking for trouble at night, ended up with like 10 volatiles and 20 of the fast zombies chasing me.. Ran into a building to hide, and there was a zombie child in there...

That was the fastest I've ever pressed alt+f4...

Any word on new DLC for this ? Looking for an excuse to go back to it.

I get so infuriated with this game.

The map is perhaps one of the worst ever, with no variation between different levels (either above ground or below).
    To keep it as vague as possible, I'm in a sewers and need to figure out how to meet someone on a tower. If I look at the main map, I can't tell how to exit the sewer, because there's no difference. It makes it harder when you are being attacked by zombies on all sides.

The need to have the voice over on the loading screen for the main story points.
    Recently I started up the game, got the voice telling me where I was as the game loaded, fine - there's a chance that I haven't played it in a while. But when the game loaded, it spawned me at a door that would have brought me into a new area and, lo and behold, the exact same voice over telling me the exact same thing.

Oh!

And when did it become mandatory to have games have weird dream-like sequences where you walk through a weird world to try and reach somebody. But when you get to them, they vanish and reappear somewhere else?

Any word on new DLC for this ? Looking for an excuse to go back to it.

There will be drivable dune buggies and a new area added to it, no news as to when

jesus christ... that's the last time I listen to ye guys.. Went out looking for trouble at night, ended up with like 10 volatiles and 20 of the fast zombies chasing me.. Ran into a building to hide, and there was a zombie child in there...

That was the fastest I've ever pressed alt+f4...

the best (but by far most unsettling) way to deal with the creaming babies is to run up to them and press whatever the interaction button is and you grab them and put your hand over their mouth to stop them screaming and smother them to (un)death whilst whispering "shhhh", which is definitely the most disturbing bit of the game (for me at least).

as for getting chased, just keep running, but get off the ground. you'll (almost always) do better than the volatiles (not sure why i keep calling them reapers, it just seems right!) up in the air, jumping from roof to roof as although they will follow, they will take some time (and some odd routes) to do it, so you can usually get a lead on them.

if you do decide to take them on, get yourself somewhere where you have the high ground and they have to climb up to you, but where they're not going to climb up 5 different ways to the same spot.

if you can get up somewhere where they can see you, but have to climb up the side of a building (preferably on a corner), you just have to wait at the top and either hit/kick them off or give them a go of the shotgun and they will fall and do a lot of damage on the way down.

my favourite spots are at the tops of the blocks of flats, or the small building right in between where the tower and the bus/lab are, not the one on the corner with the breakable roof, the one a bit lower just next to it. if you stand on the corner closest to the bus, about 80% of the volatiles come right up that corner and you can kick them off easily, but keep an eye on your map for more coming up the other front corner, although it's not really that many.

a great ground level one is the safe house to the east of the tower (in between where the tower is and the market safe house) by the pharmacy where the bolter is at night on the train tracks. the UV lights spread out to the street, so you have a safe zone outside of the safe zone and you can make some noise (shotgun or explosives etc.) to attract them, then as long as you stand somewhere between the safe zone and the building across from it, they can't get to you without getting toasted, so they'll stand back and shield their eyes, at which point you can take them out in relative safety AND spend the whole night outside of the safe zone for lots of extra points. :)

i usually start by grappling up to the roof across the street at nightfall, then grappling down to the bolter, killing him, grabbing his 'meat, sticking on the light trap, then head for the bit outside the safe zone next to the tracks and take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

My first volatile kill was priceless. I'd like to say it was a heroic moment where I bravely set off into the night to take one of them on however that didn't happen.

What did happen was nighttime had just ended and a volatile ran off to get back into darkness. I chased him with a baseball bat and kept hitting him with it as he retreated. I was low level so I had to keep whacking him like crazy, he'd run a bit more, I'd catch up and whack him some more :)

Eventually he fell and I rose my bat and felt pure victory and then I went back to the tower and told everyone I took him head on ;)

• Advertisement

i'm actually a little disappointed that dead volatiles don't seem to be UV sensitive, I had a pile of them ready for sunrise one morning, but they just laid there not bursting into flames. :(

Advertisement