Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ah I was gonna ask about the screen going black and only being able to seethrough the centre of the screen, didn't know what was going on. Is that Crane getting dizzy? That's fairly clever.

Also, a grey or orange bar appeared on the screen sometimes with a meter moving up and down but didn't have a clue what it was for? Think I saw it fighting zombies.

As for the combat, I've killed maybe 3 so far, really like the emphasis on avoiding combat, specifically hordes of zombies. Early on, I was at an electrical box
    when a big mofo bust through the wall with a hammer. I threw firecrackers down and legged it past him.
    Being level 1, didn't look like a fight I could have handled.

Also, haven't felt that drop in my chest when falling from a height since Spiderman 2! (Brilliant Spiderman 2, not the new smelly one)

Haha I remember that part. I was like..NOPE and went on my way

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ah I was gonna ask about the screen going black and only being able to seethrough the centre of the screen, didn't know what was going on. Is that Crane getting dizzy? That's fairly clever.

Also, a grey or orange bar appeared on the screen sometimes with a meter moving up and down but didn't have a clue what it was for? Think I saw it fighting zombies.

As for the combat, I've killed maybe 3 so far, really like the emphasis on avoiding combat, specifically hordes of zombies. Early on, I was at an electrical box
    when a big mofo bust through the wall with a hammer. I threw firecrackers down and legged it past him.
    Being level 1, didn't look like a fight I could have handled.

Also, haven't felt that drop in my chest when falling from a height since Spiderman 2! (Brilliant Spiderman 2, not the new smelly one)

The bar going up and down is your stamina IIRC, you cant flail away like a madman non stop, you get tired and need to step back to recover. (for a while anyway) after levelling up a fair bit you'll be able to go toe to toe for a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Haha I remember that part. I was like..NOPE and went on my way

I took him on - and beat him, but it cost me more or less everything i was carrying to do it.

I was cursing myself afterwards for wasting everything

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Once you get to the higher levels, you'll see a hoard of 20 zombies and think "it's just quicker to run through them swinging" which is a wonderfully liberating contrast to the early days in the game where you think "there's one there on his own, I might try pop him"

Remember that headshots count, so always swing your weapons high. Bladed weapons are better for decapitations/dismemberments too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I actually didn't want to leave Gazi. I wanted to stay there with him and mind him and watch movies and easy chocolate with him and his ma.

• Advertisement

I actually didn't want to leave Gazi. I wanted to stay there with him and mind him and watch movies and easy chocolate with him and his ma.

Haha his ma was great craic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Major new Dying Light DLC to be revealed at Gamescom
    The content will let players experience Dying Light from a "totally new angle", the developer says, with a teaser video suggesting that it could introduce vehicles and be set within an all-new area.

Head to 2:07 in the video below for an early look.
    http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/dying_light/news/major_new_dying_light_dlc_to_be_revealed_at_gamescom.html

After hitting a wall with this. Got to the Pit and up against a Demolisher. The boredom has been setting in a for a while now but I'm not even pushed on getting past this bit. Can anyone tell me if the game changes up at all? The Parkour is class but I'm finding the quests (both main and sides) awful chores.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    After hitting a wall with this. Got to the Pit and up against a Demolisher. The boredom has been setting in a for a while now but I'm not even pushed on getting past this bit. Can anyone tell me if the game changes up at all? The Parkour is class but I'm finding the quests (both main and sides) awful chores.

It gets better once you get to Old town

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Why do I not own the Season Pass!? Must rectify that situation immediately!

• Advertisement

It gets better once you get to Old town

Do you know when you get to Old Town? Google turning up nothing for me.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Do you know when you get to Old Town? Google turning up nothing for me.

the mission after the Pit has you travel there

the mission after the Pit has you travel there

Ah okay, will push on so, sound.

Yore doing errands until you reach the old town. I hadn't been bored doing them though. I guess the game just isn't for you

I loved Dead Island and the parkour in this is brilliant but I am sick of being a smelly errand boy in these games. Got bored of Far Cry 4 half way through for the same reason. I think the Witcher 3 ruined me with it's quality of side quests.

Speaking of, I read Dead Island is getting a remastered version which is completely pointless unless they add a parkour feature :)

Well Old Town really kicks the game up a gear. It looks and feels like an 1st Person Assassin's Creed which is a great thing. Also the quests have me actually trying to get help and survive the zombie outbreak, not just find some guys reading glasses for him...

That bit int the apartment block was fairly intense and that
    child zombie
    with some set of lungs didn't help the situation one bit.

Well, I saved Tahir's blade for end game, used my best upgrades and mods for the final fight. Never swung it once. Get to
    Rais and......it's a QTE.......

Also absolutely sick of the
    'good guy' not finishing the bad guy when he has a chance only for SURPRISE SURPRISE the bad guy gets up to attack you. I was hammering the attack button hoping he would finish throat cut in the first place.

It was a class game, some excellent bits, some crap bits. The one thing that stuck with me is a girl I found dead in the water south east of the Slums. No bite marks so I checked the cliff above to find like a picnic but nothing else. I really wanna know what happened there.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

They filled their world with plenty of interesting easter eggs - the Plants Vs Zombies one was fun and the Destiny Loot Cave was another clever one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

when is the new section/area dlc with the buggy coming out:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Just entered Old Town. Really enjoying this!

Roughly how long is left in the game?

• Advertisement

Bozak Horde only €4.99 on PSN store until 13th of August. Is it worth it or are you better off waiting for season pass to go down in price?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Cravez wrote: »
    Just entered Old Town. Really enjoying this!

Roughly how long is left in the game?

All depends on how much fun you want to have......I think you're about half way there story wise, it's been so long. I think I had about 45 hours before getting to Old Town;-)

All depends on how much fun you want to have......I think you're about half way there story wise, it's been so long. I think I had about 45 hours before getting to Old Town;-)

Yep I'm really taking my time with it. Love exploring the map and doing all the side quests/challenges.

I really like how the dynamic has changed in old town. Naturally zombies seem stronger, there's the Juggernaut guys, Rebar guys look different and seem to have a wider AOE on their slam attack and airdrops are more heavily guarded by either Raize's men or infected.

the map in the new DLC is the same size as Old Town and The Slums combined. More info will be announced at Gamescom

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-29-dying-light-expansion-the-following-announced
    Here's producer Tymon Smektala's press release quote: "For Dying Light: The Following we're adding a number of bold game-changers to create one massive expansion. Something big that will give the game a brand-new flavour. The new map alone is the same size as all the previous maps from Dying Light combined, so there is a lot we're packing in here. We also kept a close eye on player feedback to help tailor what we've created here. Hopefully people will see that this new expansion is first and foremost, for the fans."

CLFnhCyWwAET5BE.jpg:large

CLFnhaeWwAAvZ8N.jpg:large

CLFniKPWcAARL4c.jpg:large

Finished Dying Light there, was a VERY enjoyable game (minus the QTE end battle) & looking forward to the DLC :)

I was thinking about this while I was on holidays and hopped back in last night to do a few of the side missions. It's still a great game but has a recent patch affected the frame rate on Xbox one or something? It definitely wasn't as smooth as I remembered in a lot of the open areas.

Set in an entirely new location, as big as all of the game’s original maps combined, The Following adds new mechanics and challenges to the game. One of the biggest new additions is vehicles, specifically Dirt Buggies. The buggies will be customisable, upgradable and feature their separate skill tree.

will be €14.99 or free via season pass
    http://www.vg247.com/2015/08/13/dying-light-the-following-expansion-officially-revealed/

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dereks

Is this worth picking up? Thinking of picking it up on amazon. I liked Dead Island, is this a better game?

dereks wrote: »
    Is this worth picking up? Thinking of picking it up on amazon. I liked Dead Island, is this a better game?

much much better than dead island, its a great game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭da gamer

dereks wrote: »

It's €30 on smyths website at the moment, probably the same in store. I ordered it over the weekend looking forward to getting it now

Advertisement