Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

.ak wrote: »
    High praise! I'll pick it up this evening so.

Its not perfect by any means, but it does all come together nicely. The main story is standard enough fare, some of the side missions are great though. The music, combat and parkour are all very good. Its one of the few games where you're genuinely keeping an eye on how dark its getting as things get massively more difficult at night.

plus, if this trailer doesn't make you want to play it, nothing will...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Would love to jump back in for some 4 player co-op on the XboxOne if anyone is up for it, never really got to experience the co-op properly on it but the bit I did was absolutely great craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

tony1980 wrote: »
    Would love to jump back in for some 4 player co-op on the XboxOne if anyone is up for it, never really got to experience the co-op properly on it but the bit I did was absolutely great craic!

Just fire me a message any night you're on, I'll see it in the smartglass and If I can hop on I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Co-op was excellent apart from the final mission which was single player only. Need to finish off the side missions, before the new DLC.

Just fire me a message any night you're on, I'll see it in the smartglass and If I can hop on I will.

Will do Stone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Captain Chaos what's your PSN? I'll add you and Lahinchians to my list (of two other people) and we might be able to tie together a co-op sometime this weekend.

Finally got around to this and loving it, playing on PC and after a little playing around with the settings it runs like a dream (bar a little stuttering after loading a save) and looks fantastic. I was a little afraid that I'd need to use a gamepad but the k+m controls are spot on and the free running feels really intuitive. I can see myself spending a lot of hours just running around exploring. It's a game which seems to have been over looked by a lot of people and that's a shame as I think that this could rank up there as one of the years best.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos what's your PSN? I'll add you and Lahinchians to my list (of two other people) and we might be able to tie together a co-op sometime this weekend.

Sounds good,

My PSN ID: xCaptain-Chaosx

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whats the max limit of players for co op?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I threw mine up on adverts couldn't get into it at all :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Whats the max limit of players for co op?

4 as far as I know. Wouldn't mind trying to Plat this with co-op. There is one that you need to hand in 5 quests with the same 4 players. You can do the quest whenever you want and then just hand them all in when you have 4 people and make sure no one drops out while you are doing it.

You can boost the other ones easy enough,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I threw mine up on adverts couldn't get into it at all :/

The beginning is a bit boring, but the minute you start to get into the good stuff it gets really interesting and gradually morphs into an entirely different game by the time you get near the end. :)

4 as far as I know. Wouldn't mind trying to Plat this with co-op. There is one that you need to hand in 5 quests with the same 4 players. You can do the quest whenever you want and then just hand them all in when you have 4 people and make sure no one drops out while you are doing it.

You can boost the other ones easy enough,

When we were trying to hand in the completed quests with 4 of us, the game was very buggy, one of us would always lose connection at that very moment and the achievement wouldn't pop, must try it again though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Spend this summer* with Dying Light!

Summer is a slow season in gaming, but not for Dying Light fans such as yourself! We invite you to take part in six crazy one-time only events and fight heatwaves with parkour and combat. Through six specific weekends of July and August you will have a chance to experience the game in completely different and surprising ways. Take a look at our schedule and mark the dates!

July 4-5 Spider-Crane
    July 11-12 Harran Marathon
    July 15-16 To be announced soon!
    August 15-16 To be announced soon!
    August 22-23 To be announced soon!
    August 29-30 To be announced soon!

‘Summer with Dying Light’ starts with a plague of Harran’s endemic spiders. Their bite give all survivors spider-like abilities so they can swing freely through the zone without any fear of falling to their death or losing breath (Grappling Hook required). Remember, though, these effects subside after 48 hours.

We’ll announce details about future events soon so stay cool and stay tuned.

-- Dying Light Team

*If it’s winter in your hemisphere, you’re welcome too! It’s all warm and cozy in Harran.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

This week in Summer* with Dying Light...

It’s high time for some active recreation! Put on your trainers, take a bottle of water, and enter the Harran Marathon. In this weekend’s event, active only on July 11th and 12th (Pacific Time), we look for the best runners out there!

Every participant who escapes 10 pursuits (level 2 or higher) during the weekend will receive a Premium Weapon Docket. Unlike ordinary dockets, the Premium Docket gives you the highest possible chance for a gold-tier weapon. And here’s the catch: you can’t use safe zones to evade pursuits. If you do, it won’t count toward the event, so play fair!

Take part in the Harran Marathon and stay tuned for future summer events!

-- Dying Light Team

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Loving this game! It's so addictive. I hated dead island so I was sceptical but it's one of my best ps4 experiences so far

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finally decided to give this a go, looking forward to giving it a lash later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Finally decided to give this a go, looking forward to giving it a lash later on.

Such a great game. One tip, find the natural medikit blueprint as soon as possible as alcohol can be very hard to find at times and you only need herbs for the natural one.

Such a great game. One tip, find the natural medikit blueprint as soon as possible as alcohol can be very hard to find at times and you only need herbs for the natural one.

Sound man thanks for the tip. I loved Dead Island and Mirrors Edge was brilliant, not sure what put me off this for so long though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

And you know.. the fact that you made this thread!

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    And you know.. the fact that you made this thread!

I know, it's weird! Kinda hoping it's crap now just to justify me putting it off for so long and then blame all of ye for bigging it up so much :pac:

I know, it's weird! Kinda hoping it's crap now just to justify me putting it off for so long and then blame all of ye for bigging it up so much :pac:

that wont happen as its ****ing amazing :D i wish i could go back to playing it for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Best zombie game around

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Would this make a nice change from something like The Witcher? I sunk many hours into that straight after Shadow of Morder so I need to give the swords a rest for a while!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Naa, it's an open world melee combat game too, but it's first person and all parkour.

Yeah and make sure you give it a chance as the parkour isn't great until you get better skills. It gets best when you enter the old town

Combat is annoying at start with sticks etc but soon you'll be slicing zombies up like a ham sandwich

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I need to man up and start playing this again :p:o

My God this game is f*cking tense! Still on the 1st assignment and got to night time......well I thought it was night, turns out it was just late evening. .... I parkoured my ass off to get back to the nearest safe house. Feel seriously weak and slow/stumbly atm but I'm guessing the levelling up helps that.

Lot more grittier than i thought it would be which is a good thing. I kept thinking it would be more jokey and crazy. The serious tone/setting is much better.

My God this game is f*cking tense! Still on the 1st assignment and got to night time......well I thought it was night, turns out it was just late evening. .... I parkoured my ass off to get back to the nearest safe house. Feel seriously weak and slow/stumbly atm but I'm guessing the levelling up helps that.

Lot more grittier than i thought it would be which is a good thing. I kept thinking it would be more jokey and crazy. The serious tone/setting is much better.

You'll eventually upgrade your skills to a point where getting tired and dizzy is somewhat rare.

I quickly learned that the safest way of travel is on rooftops. Nighttime is indeed tense but don't forget about the double points which will lead to early upgrades.

its the most fun I had on my ps4 in about a year. I hope for a sequal

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    You'll eventually upgrade your skills to a point where getting tired and dizzy is somewhat rare.

Ah I was gonna ask about the screen going black and only being able to seethrough the centre of the screen, didn't know what was going on. Is that Crane getting dizzy? That's fairly clever.

Also, a grey or orange bar appeared on the screen sometimes with a meter moving up and down but didn't have a clue what it was for? Think I saw it fighting zombies.

As for the combat, I've killed maybe 3 so far, really like the emphasis on avoiding combat, specifically hordes of zombies. Early on, I was at an electrical box
    when a big mofo bust through the wall with a hammer. I threw firecrackers down and legged it past him.
    Being level 1, didn't look like a fight I could have handled.

Also, haven't felt that drop in my chest when falling from a height since Spiderman 2! (Brilliant Spiderman 2, not the new smelly one)

Advertisement