Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Is this game really worth a buy? Thinking of picking it up today (no fool'n).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Is this game really worth a buy? Thinking of picking it up today (no fool'n).

Definitely.

Definitely.

Haha cool, my non-gamer buddy is bugging me to but it since January so I'll take the plunge, also gonna get Zombie Army trilogy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Finished the main story-line missions last night over in my buddy's house with him on his PS4. The super-powered kicks and punches for April 1st were more than enough for most of it.

WRT The Ending:
    QTE's? Really? FFS lads. Reeks of the boss "fight" being farmed out to a third party because of time restrictions cause it just ruined a perfectly good final stretch to the game.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Finished the main story-line missions last night over in my buddy's house with him on his PS4. The super-powered kicks and punches for April 1st were more than enough for most of it.

WRT The Ending:
    QTE's? Really? FFS lads. Reeks of the boss "fight" being farmed out to a third party because of time restrictions cause it just ruined a perfectly good final stretch to the game.

yup, it was a bit disappointing - two things that did impress me though was
    the run up to the actual boss fight - that extended parkour sequence was awesome, and it was really clever the way they integrated things to the level design like the fallen cargo container that had dropped into 'the pit' earlier

also , I thought the explanation for why you can still run around the game world after you complete the main storyline made perfect sense and kept up the immersion. its often a bit odd, just getting dumped back into the open worlsd.

• Advertisement

So I'm just about to go to Sector 0, I've been really good about knocking the side quests off the active missions slot and I've only got a few Challenges incomplete in the first section. I'm possibly over-levelled, but not so much that if I'm stuck out at night and more than 2 reapers appear that I'm probably dead :D

The Pit was quite easy as I have the camouflage + "neck snap" so just wandered through killing everything easily until the Demolisher appeared (and he was pretty easy). I even managed to craft and upgrade the "Arena Machete" and it shall be kept as a memento in my stash :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Yeah, I really liked it, once you get to sector zero it's basically like walking into assassins creed with zombies. :D

lots more vertical climbs (and falls), so it's good that they start you off with lower buildings in the first half of the game before you get into the more hardcore climbing/running/jumping side of things. :)

it also starts at about the time you're getting used to the areas in the first half of the game, so it's good to mix it up with a new environment. :)

Exactly, the level design's solid and they've clearly put a bit of thought into it.

Was back in my friend's place last night and we were playing some of this on his PS4. My gods, it was woeful trying to go back to the controller and only a 60 degree FOV (I think) after learning my way around the mean streets with a mouse and keyboard. It was like my character was drunk! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,596 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Keep leaning towards getting this as i loved Dead Island and this looks class but I'm not interested in the co-op side of things but looks like co-op features heavily. Is this enjoyable as solely a single player?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

sheehy83 wrote:
    Keep leaning towards getting this as i loved Dead Island and this looks class but I'm not interested in the co-op side of things but looks like co-op features heavily. Is this enjoyable as solely a single player?

Goddamn i played 50 hours single player:-D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,149 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

sheehy83 wrote: »

I got 30 good hours out of the single player. It definitely holds its own.

Haven't looked at co-op once, don't see the point :D I've got 45 hours played, still only 52% through.

Any pc peeps wanna try it out, I'm willing to give it a go, Steam ID is Shiminay.

It's kind of annoying the recap of what happened on each loading screen. I mean, I've just done it, there's no point to bullet point it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

sheehy83 wrote: »

I'm probably a bit late to this but I find the game pretty but dull. I'm not really seeing why this game is getting all the love but I've not done any co-op etc.

Lads, started this game a week ago and seem to be going round in circles, very slow at leveling up , night time is a nightmare, and taking me ages to do side quests. I don't want to give up so can any of ya's give me some advice or point me to some good guides?

Ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Lads, started this game a week ago and seem to be going round in circles, very slow at leveling up , night time is a nightmare, and taking me ages to do side quests. I don't want to give up so can any of ya's give me some advice or point me to some good guides?

Ta

Get the sword on the so called island. That'll rank you up quick. Youtube will give you the exact location.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,149 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ta

Nighttime is meant to be a nightmare. There's no shame in sleeping through it. Grabbing the air drops is a significant source of points to help level up.

hallo dare wrote: »
    Get the sword on the so called island. That'll rank you up quick. Youtube will give you the exact location.

Excalibur? Got it a while ago, can't use it anymore for some reason.

I just found a guide with all the side missions so hopefully that should make it a little easier for me.

Yea, until you're like level 17/18, don't spend too long out at night. I'm at 23 and have weapons that are hitting for just shy of 1900 points of damage and I'm still getting blapped if I agro one of the hunters. Just one, maybe two, I can deal with them, but three or more and it's dead o'clock, so night time will never be easy :D

Loot everything, spend time looting everything, don't waste weapon mods on anything less than a purple weapon, hitting the big monsters with flammable liquid and then a molotov will take them out.

Excalibur? Got it a while ago, can't use it anymore for some reason.

I just found a guide with all the side missions so hopefully that should make it a little easier for me.

the reason you cant use it anymore is most likely because its broken and cant be repaired.

go on youtube and look for "korek machete", the blueprints are near the towers. Its another high powered weapon.

progressing through the story and side quests should be enough to rank you up plenty too though - although I do remember the start of the game when you're under equipped and underskilled to be significantly harder.

remember that there is no shame in running away either - survial is the name of the game - dying a lot keeps subtracting survivor points, making it that much harder for you to unlock extra abilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Also loot the police vans & cars, some goodies to be had in there:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

dying a lot keeps subtracting survivor points, making it that much harder for you to unlock extra abilities.

The thing to remember is that while you do lose points you can't drop a level, you only lose any progress made towards the next level. Even if you die all the time there are enough survivor points in all the side quests alone to max out the survivor level cap.

I'm finding it a bit of a grind right now at level 6 all round. Running around at night is great for leveling up agility as all xp is doubled. I don't mid though as it's like Dead Rising, that was hard at the start and you couldn't do much you leveled up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

My laptop has a core i5-460 and a Radeon HD5870 graphics card and 6GB of ram (it plays Wolfenstein and Far Cry 3 very well) how likely is it that it can play this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

My laptop has a core i5-460 and a Radeon HD5870 graphics card and 6GB of ram (it plays Wolfenstein and Far Cry 3 very well) how likely is it that it can play this game?

Go here: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Select Dying Light from the dropdown list and hit "Can You Run it".

It will give you an indication of what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

That is the best news I've heard all day!

Shame it doesn't benefit the console versions :o

<inserts 18 pages of PC vs Console noise> :D

Now that that's out of the way, I sincerely hope this is a trend we see pick up again. Consolers, I would also sincerely hope we see something like the best of community efforts being ported into your versions, but don't hold your breath.

Shiminay wrote: »
    <inserts 18 pages of PC vs Console noise> :D

Now that that's out of the way, I sincerely hope this is a trend we see pick up again.

Thank **** that's out of the way. :cool:

I have both a gaming PC and an XB1 but hate any kind of elitism or fanboyism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Go here: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Select Dying Light from the dropdown list and hit "Can You Run it".

It will give you an indication of what to expect.

Website keeps saying my Java is out of date (even though I have the latest version) and the downloadable version wont download.
    Any one playing it with less than the minimum recommended requirements?
    (which are Core i5-2500 3.3GHz, GeForce GTX 560 or Radeon HD 6870, 4 GB Ram).

Advertisement