Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Spotted a few easter eggs so far
    Destiny Loot cave
    you get a message about patch 1.0.2 being enabled :D

Also found the
    Mario level
    on a chimney on a building in the SW corner of the old town map.

Need 2 more people for Polyamory around 6 or 7pm on saturday on Xbox One (co-op partner needs it) have 5 ready to turn in so should be only a matter of running to the hand in's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

calex71 wrote: »
    Need 2 more people for Polyamory around 6 or 7pm on saturday on Xbox One (co-op partner needs it) have 5 ready to turn in so should be only a matter of running to the hand in's.
    Count me in.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I don't know how or why, but this game totally passed me by - probably because "meh, zombies." But having spent a couple of hours playing it over in a friend's place on his PS4 last night, I'm really impressed. It ticks a lot of my personal preference boxes, so I think I'll be picking this up sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's gone straight to number one on PS4 in the UK sales charts since it's boxed release and nothing has come close to it sales wise. I really like the game and can't believe how well it's doing considering there is not hype or anything behind it, it's basically standing on it's own legs with no help. That's impressive.

• Advertisement

It's gone straight to number one on PS4 in the UK sales charts since it's boxed release and nothing has come close to it sales wise. I really like the game and can't believe how well it's doing considering there is not hype or anything behind it, it's basically standing on it's own legs with no help. That's impressive.

The reason for success is simple..... Zombies sell !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The fact tha. It's really really good doesn't hurt either!

It is a thoroughly enjoyable game, the focus on melee and the elemental damage via crafting makes it feel like a fantasy RPG in some ways, but that's no bad thing. Tried doing a challenge thing last night loads of times between 3 of us and couldn't get it. It was kill 40 Z's in 2 minutes. Tell you what, it was tough - it tells me that even when you do finally get access to a pile of guns, it certainly won't turn the game into easy mode. Which pleases me greatly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

True, but I bet the next "big" zombie game due soon, Dead Island 2 won't sell as much or enjoy the same success as this has.

True, but I bet the next "big" zombie game due soon, Dead Island 2 won't sell as much or enjoy the same success as this has.

A lot of people and me especially are still annoyed at Techland for Riptide..... not annoyed enough it seems to not have got Dying Light :P (I could go into a whole other tangent on how they basically remade dead island etc. with Dying Light but they largely seemed to have dodged that criticism which I thing is 100% warranted but that's for another day ) Taking dead island away from Techland was a 100% right move imo, and unfortunately I think you're right DI2 won't sell as much as Dying Light..... it could be complete rubbish and not deserve to sell but I have a feeling the Yager team will do a better job at least story wise than the techland ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So is this like dead island ? Thought that was a bit crap love dead rising though so what's this more like

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Think of dead Island mixed with dead rising and chuck in a whole load of steroids, a bucket of fun and omg drop kick is king. Little tip. Don't go out at night by yourself......

So yesterday was payday. I bought the game on PC and have already clocked 12 hours on it :D Now that I'm not faffing about with a peasant's controller, it's even more enjoyable as I just play more instinctively and don't need to think (which lets be honest, is pretty fking essential in a game with movement like this). It was with great delight that I spied this on Nexus Mods too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Shiminay wrote: »
    So yesterday was payday. I bought the game on PC and have already clocked 12 hours on it :D Now that I'm not faffing about with a peasant's controller, it's even more enjoyable as I just play more instinctively and don't need to think (which lets be honest, is pretty fking essential in a game with movement like this). It was with great delight that I spied this on Nexus Mods too :D

If you are going for the Polyamory achievement, add me on Steam :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

A lot of people and me especially are still annoyed at Techland for Riptide.....

I was definitely one of those people, Dead Island was brilliant but Riptide was ridiculous, same game all over again.

Couldn't get into Dying Light, actually felt quite like Dead Island to me, which brought back memories of Riptide and realizing that I'd just paid for the exact same game again, and just didn't really like it so much, gave up after a few hours.

Still looking forward to Dead Island 2, confident Yager will make a great go of it with a tight story.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Finally got around to completing it, enjoyed it a lot and it was a massive upgrade to Dead Island which I found to be a very dull game.

There were some great intense moments in the missions with a great accompanying soundtrack but the
    end was, well, complete shít. This big build up to a final fight that was a long time coming just ended up being a piss-poor QTE.

Holy ship is the Grappling Hook WAYYYYY OP! :D

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Finally got around to completing it, enjoyed it a lot and it was a massive upgrade to Dead Island which I found to be a very dull game.

There were some great intense moments in the missions with a great accompanying soundtrack but the
    end was, well, complete shít. This big build up to a final fight that was a long time coming just ended up being a piss-poor QTE.

I didn't have a problem with it being a
    QTE - when you cut of his arm earlier on , you weren't even in control. I had more of an issue with the fact that it was the only QTE in the game so it was unexpected, and the window for button pressing, it had very tight timing, and having to repeat the section a few times to succeed kinda took the momentum out of the scene. It might even have been better as a simple cutscene.

Holy ship is the Grappling Hook WAYYYYY OP! :D

Yup, and a handy tip is that you can also use it on areas that are lower than you, without incurring fall damage. Makes getting to a lot of areas a lot less hassle.

Oh yea, it's Just Cause levels of broken :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Oh yea, it's Just Cause levels of broken :D

not as broken as the landing on cars thing to break your fall. I decided to test exactly how much of a fall it can break. turns out that "pretty big falls" is the answer! :D

I'm also quite impressed with myself that i nailed the fall on my first go, i thought it would be hard to get it just right through the holes in the supports and still hit the police van, but i managed it on my first try from the top after earlier (accidentally) falling from the lower level onto the same van trying to get UV bulbs out on one of the missions. :)

Also, VERY big difference further in the game at night when you have a 1500+ HP customised machete at your disposal. even the mental reaper type zombies with the flayed rib/chest thing can't stand up to more than one or two hits. :cool:

I stood and blasted one of those night hunter reaper zombie things with a shotgun with at least 10 rounds of ammo and it still didn't drop. I'm looking forward to being able to tackle those bastards properly.

I stood and blasted one of those night hunter reaper zombie things with a shotgun with at least 10 rounds of ammo and it still didn't drop. I'm looking forward to being able to tackle those bastards properly.

It's a great buzz when you finally take one down.

yeah, I did the same thing (from the edge of a safe zone, before i got better weapons), fyi i think it took 12-14 shots to bring it down in the end with the shotgun.

there's a lot of good stuff on that bridge, lots of upgrades for your weapons and lots of good weapons too. most of them are locked in the back of police vans which are usually hard/very hard to lockpick, but well worth the effort imho, particularly if you have a long weapon, you can just crouch on a roof and clear the entire area without letting anything get too close.

also, not sure if anyone else noticed, but if you come up against of the big berserkers or tanks that like to repeatedly knock you on your ar$e, although molatovs don't seem to cause them too much grief, 1x flammable liquid + 1x molotov= instant death for both. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

lol, that was some dropkick at the end.

my new premium bastard angel sword seems to be doing the trick for now. :pac:

*almost* EVERYTHING dies with a single swing now, if aimed well, even the reapers. the only exception is the tanks, but i've even managed to kill one pof those head on with two swings. :)

343677.jpg

I have all the firecrackers because i just finished the one of the 'poster' challenges that involves killing 10 reapers with *only* the double barrelled shotgun. :eek:

thankfully (in this challenge at least) they die with a single blast once they're close enough, but there are 10 of them plus probably 2-3 times as many regular volatiles all at once, so that reload time is a real bitch!

i've just learnt to perfect the art of repeatedly jumping backwards, flinging firecrackers and reloading in quick succession!. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just got an e-mail from dying light, sounds interesting:

"Something unusual is going to happen in the world of Dying Light tomorrow that will radically change the game experience for one day only.

In an emergency broadcast, the Global Relief Effort has urged the survivors of Harran to use extreme caution when handling Antizin injections. The latest batch of Antizin has been exposed to a foreign contaminant. The chemical in question is non-toxic, but anyone affected might experience odd side-effects for up to 24 hours.

"All undelivered Antizin crates have been destroyed, and we would like to assure the survivors that untainted drops will resume as of April 2nd. We urge all the survivors to use extreme care when exhibiting symptoms of the contaminated Antizin injections." – says Hudson Jenkins, spokesman for the GRE."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

A little teaser of what it does for tomorrow April Fools day:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Ha, completely mad craic today. Drop kicking is waaay mad now!

Advertisement