Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preview Thread -RaboDirect Pro12 Final - RDS, 25th May, 1645 - live on RTE2/TG4/BBCNI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

wonderful victory -

Thank you Joe, Johnny and Isa for a wonderful journey, and making leinster the champions they are. Respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

Just back from the match, I must say I am delighted!
    I was a bit disappointed by the Ulster fans during Sexton's kicks, but other than that, the atmosphere was excellent.
    Pienaar was imperious I thought, my MOTM but as a unit the Leinster back row were the difference today, all three were brilliant.
    Commiserations Ulster, on another day you could have won, but I'm delighted for Leinster and especially Joe.
    COYBIB!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Just back from the match, I must say I am delighted!
    I was a bit disappointed by the Ulster fans during Sexton's kicks, but other than that, the atmosphere was excellent.
    Pienaar was imperious I thought, my MOTM but as a unit the Leinster back row were the difference today, all three were brilliant.
    Commiserations Ulster, on another day you could have won, but I'm delighted for Leinster and especially Joe.
    COYBIB!

Congrats Leinster, fine team. Atmosphere came across great on the TV. Ulster could have serious grievances with the ref but Diack's failure to dot down the ball and a string of silly penalties (Henry especially) in the red zone is what undid them.

Maybe it's slight wishful thinking from this Munster fan but I wonder will Leinster suffer a similar slump to us with the personnel leaving and retiring

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Leinster to lay their Rabo final hoodoo to rest?
    leakyboots wrote: »

Maybe it's slight wishful thinking from this Munster fan but I wonder will Leinster suffer a similar slump to us with the personnel leaving and retiring

Well you would have to think that they have peaked, replacing Sexton and Nacewa won't be easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Nobody is obliged to anything during the kicks. I like to see some variety including booing tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭OldRio

Thanks to both teams and fans for a great final.
    Really enjoyed it but I do worry about how much punishment a human body can take.
    Old age could be painful for these young bucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

Grimebox wrote: »
    Nobody is obliged to anything during the kicks. I like to see some variety including booing tbh

Yeah, silence or booing, up to the fans. Really don't like this holier than thou attitude to silence and "hush" for kicks. Booings fine in my book. Shouting insults at kicker is wrong though and don't believe that happens very often and certainly not today.

Anyway it should give J10 an idea of what to expect in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭OldRio

Booing reminds me of soccer fans. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

the Leinster back row were the difference today, all three were brilliant.

This. Jenno was motm for me, but the back row as a whole was fantastic despite many predictions that Ulster would have the edge there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Leinster have really had a fantastic season. To win 3 trophies in a season riddled with injuries. That strength and depth and the experience given to the younger players will play a huge part in next season. Absolutely delighted with the win today and really happy to give Joe, Isa, Johnny and the rest the send off they deserved!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 boschmaster

Just got back from the game. Did anyone hear one of the Ulster supporters shouting 'RONAN' when Sexton was taking his first penalty. Also, did anyone hear the chant that the Leinster boys got going when Pienaar was taking his first kick 'WE WANT PADDY! WE WANT PADDY!' Absolutely loved this game. COYBIB

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Leinster to lay their Rabo final hoodoo to rest?
    To be honest I would have thought kicking in complete silence would be a lot harder than kicking with background noise.

On TV anyway I thought the fans were pretty quiet for the kicks, a couple of noises from both sets of fans but nothing unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Just in from the game - completely knackered and hoarse! Fabulous atmosphere in the south stand. Thanks to both teams for a great gameand thanks to Leinster for a great season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Haven't you seen the o2 ads lads, the kickers get teleported to a pitch in the middle of the forest, throw anything you like at them

I hope the Leinster squad gets proper sh!t-faced tonight after putting off the celebrations for another week

If the ref hadn't blown this up, would it have been a double movement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

If the ref hadn't blown this up, would it have been a double movement?

What the hell was Diack thinking. Was he trying to make a statement by busting Sexton or did he not realise that all he had to do was fall over the line?

The more I look the worse it seems, it really was a moment of madness

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Haven't you seen the o2 ads lads, the kickers get teleported to a pitch in the middle of the forest, throw anything you like at them

Only the Aviva is properly equipped for out half teleportation

Duh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Only the Aviva is properly equipped for out half teleportation

Duh.
    I'm sure the portal stretches down the road, or atleast when o2 want it to :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

only worse finish i can think of

^^^

What the ****!? Mind boggling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭neilmulvey

ambid wrote: »
    Okay. At the start of the match Hook said Nacewa in for Kearney weakened Leinster's attack.

Now he's just said Nacewa is a better attacker than Kearney.

Can anybody explain this to me?

I think Hook meant McFadden/Kearney/Nacewa was a better back three then McFadden/Nacewa/Conway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Just home from the game. Absolutely crackin atmosphere. Was great to have both Ulster and Leinster fans in full voice. Fabulous weather, great game and finally, finally the Rabo win...could not ask for more. :-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

What a game of rugby!!!

The atmosphere at the match was electric, it was a hard game but we did it!!

Stand uuuuuuup for the Leinster men!! :D:D:D
    Also, did anyone hear the chant that the Leinster boys got going when Pienaar was taking his first kick 'WE WANT PADDY! WE WANT PADDY!'
    Heard that but it sounded more like it was the Ulster fans.. was hard to tell from the south stand. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Just back from the game. Absolutely savage atmosphere and brilliant day out all told.

Special thanks to the lad with the heinekens in his bag who swapped seats with my brother allowing us to sit together. He was a one man atmosphere and I was almost sorry to lose him to my brother!

We won by a whisker which was about right.

Ulster gave us 10 handy points at the start and that made the difference but diack absolutely butchered his chance and I felt pienaar should have gone for the sticks on 75 minutes.

Whatever about ref decisions I can't be arsed with. Win some lose some.

Incredible atmosphere, my voice is hoarse.
    Great ulster support, the north stand was 75% full a whole hour before kick off.
    They were a tad unsporting about the ref at the end and heartily booed Johnny for one kick but generally forced Leinster fans to seriously get behind the team which doesn't always happen .

Who was motm? My vote was jenno.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

durkadurka wrote: »
    Just back from the game. Absolutely savage atmosphere and brilliant day out all told.

Special thanks to the lad with the heinekens in his bag who swapped seats with my brother allowing us to sit together. He was a one man atmosphere and I was almost sorry to lose him to my brother!

We won by a whisker which was about right.

Ulster gave us 10 handy points at the start and that made the difference but diack absolutely butchered his chance and I felt pienaar should have gone for the sticks on 75 minutes.

Whatever about ref decisions I can't be arsed with. Win some lose some.

Incredible atmosphere, my voice is hoarse.
    Great ulster support, the north stand was 75% full a whole hour before kick off.
    They were a tad unsporting about the ref at the end and heartily booed Johnny for one kick but generally forced Leinster fans to seriously get behind the team which doesn't always happen .

Who was motm? My vote was jenno.

From the small bit I saw of the game I thought both supporters were excellent. Sometimes the leinster support can be a bit tame but today the atmosphere seemed to be rocking.

Fair play to both teams for a fitting finale to the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Just back from the match, will need to watch the replay to comment in detail on the game but what an occasion, absolutely brilliant day for the league and for Irish rugby. Really felt that had the game run on another five or ten minutes, Ulster would definitely have won.

Think it's fair to say that Leinster v Ulster is now the provincial rivalry, with the departures from Leinster next season I expect Ulster to establish themselves as the top province.

Was in the north stand with the Ulster fans, had good banter with a few of them and fair play they made a hell of a lot of noise.

A really sour note for me was that a sizeable number of Ulster fans felt the need to boo Lacey as he was collecting his medal, pathetic and bitter.

And just what was Diack thinking?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Cracking game, the poor son has 2 parents hoarse as feck! Saw some sombreros on the terrace beside the dressing room, I'm sure it was some of our lot. I'd put money on Heaslip being captain after that trophy lift. Great send off for Isa, Johnny and Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

To be fair, Leinster fans (of which I am one) booed Poite en masse last year.

Advertisement