Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preview Thread -RaboDirect Pro12 Final - RDS, 25th May, 1645 - live on RTE2/TG4/BBCNI

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Well done Leinster. You always need some luck to win a trophy. Ulster fans and players must be sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

That ones for Isa!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Tough luck Ulster. They are a terrific side though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Well Done Leinster, deserved win and a hugely physical contest. Anyone who says the rabo is a mickey mouse competition need look no further than the commitment on show today

• Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Gutted. Great game though. I cant say id be too annoyed if lacey never refs us again.

First half killed us.

• Advertisement

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Well done Leinster.

Deserved in the end.

Ulster will feel hard done by, but it all comes down to that Diack miss.

They would have won if he had just fallen over the line.
    Well I dunno if you could say they would've won, but it would have made a big difference.

Similarly Lacey choking when Leinsters scrum collapsed on our own line.

But I think Leinster were the better team. Jamie Heaslip is just so good.

Hook harping on about Jackson. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

as a neutral I was hoping Ulster would do it as its been a few years since they last got a trophy. Ulster had their chances and couldn't make the most out of them.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭fitz

awec wrote: »
    Gutted. Great game though. I cant say id be too annoyed if lacey never refs us again.

First half killed us.

Diack killed your first half.
    Leinster tougher and Ulster didn't look as dangerous in attack. Great game!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Ulster for all their progress still can't win a trophy, unlucky today though and unlucky of course to finish top of the league and have to play away which ultimately was key really as Leinster got more of the decisions

both sides evenly matched but Ulster don't know how to win finals, sometimes to get over the line you've got to be better than bad refereeing decisions and playing away in a big game or final and they're just not good enough to overcome those factors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Jennings motm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

What was the story with Kearney?

Only watched a bit of the game....caught the commentator say something about a 6 week ban for abusing a referee and would miss the lions tour...what the hell was all that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,766 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Leinster to lay their Rabo final hoodoo to rest?
    Hook harping on about Jackson. Pathetic.

What's he saying? I thought Jackson was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Ha thats gas from Joe Schmidt.

Isa's getting older, decided only to play 70 minutes today :P

"Isa getting older. He only decided to play 70 minutes today." Gwan Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

mfceiling wrote: »

Only watched a bit of the game....caught the commentator say something about a 6 week ban for abusing a referee and would miss the lions tour...what the hell was all that about?

Dylan Hartley got sent of for Northampton today so Best could be going of with the lions if Hartley gets banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Hartley sent off for abusing the ref in the premiership. Kearney pulled out with a tight hamstring I think

Gonna really miss Joe at Leinster, gentleman.

bilston wrote: »
    What's he saying? I thought Jackson was excellent.

Something about not being able to win when your 9 is your tactical kicker.

Kearney pulled out as a precaution.

Dylan Hartley is the guy facing the ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

End of an era ladies and gents.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

fitz wrote: »
    Diack killed your first half.
    Leinster tougher and Ulster didn't look as dangerous in attack. Great game!

our first half wad a mixture of diack an over zealous referee who made some appalling decisions.

Leinster were of course the better team and i do not begrudge them victory, but lacey had his say on the result today with some of those calls.

The pen at the end of the first half and the boss on Williams decisions were particularly unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,766 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Leinster to lay their Rabo final hoodoo to rest?
    Well done Leinster. It wasn't quite a battle in the end. Our sloppy start killed us as did Diacks miss.

Anyway well done Leinster. No wonder Schmidt is smiling, two trophies and he will be encouraged by what he saw today from the young players too from an Irish perspective.

Looking forward to next season already.

SUFTU

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Well done Leinster. You always need some luck to win a trophy. Ulster fans and players must be sick.

It must be hurting you because every single post you've made on this thread has been criticising those playing the game with nothing good to say about anyone.

Fantastic game, wonderful occasion. Well done to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Irlandczyk

What a great send off for Isa, Johnny, and Joe. Great game to watch, and we've finally gotten our Pro12 win!

That's Heaslip as Leinster captain next year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Great to see the joy on the faces of class players like Isa, Heaslip, BOD, Sexton.

Nothing better then winning it seems.

Congrats.

Hope to see Munster winning one again soon.

You'd think BOD would know how to open a bottle of champagne after all he's won in his career. :D

First Rabo final I've missed, first one they've won! (I saw them win an ML at least!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

That's Heaslip as Leinster captain next year anyway.

Delighted :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Poor Game always going to be one outcome, Again Ulster not giving us a good game.

Advertisement