Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preview Thread -RaboDirect Pro12 Final - RDS, 25th May, 1645 - live on RTE2/TG4/BBCNI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

The showboat lifting the trophy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

That's Heaslip as Leinster captain next year anyway.

Don't think so if he's Ireland captain

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Redsock

This defeat hurts more than thicken ham last year. Better team won no doubt but Lacey's performance... as a fellow referee I am loathe to criticise so i won't.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

awec wrote: »
    our first half wad a mixture of diack an over zealous referee who made some appalling decisions.

Leinster were of course the better team and i do not begrudge them victory, but lacey had his say on the result today with some of those calls.

The pen at the end of the first half and the boss on Williams decisions were particularly unbelievable.

He, Lacey, may have gotten one or two wrong but overall I thought he was fair and consistent. I was watching the game on TV and you could see the reason for the most of the penalties awarded.

If you want the ref to be 100% right all the time you'll always be giving out, no player is 100% right all the time for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Cork24 wrote: »
    Poor Game always going to be one outcome, Again Ulster not giving us a good game.

I think you were watching the wrong game, fantastic match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Commiserations to Ulster. We are all too well aware of how it feels to be the best team throughout the year only to be pipped at the post. Best of luck for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭lologram

BBC NI tried to get Rory Best to comment on Dylan Hartley. Stupid question. He was too clever to engage with that in the slightest though. Good lad Rory.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Leinster to lay their Rabo final hoodoo to rest?
    Well done Leinster. You always need some luck to win a trophy. Ulster fans and players must be sick.

Ulster made it difficult for themselves with that salvo of penalties in the first ten minutes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

A great game delighted for Leinster and gutted for Ulster a great evening for Irish rugby. One day us lads in the west will be there drinking to a victory or drowning sorrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Poor Game always going to be one outcome, Again Ulster not giving us a good game.

Not sure you were watching the same game as everyone else. Thought it was a cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Delighted finally the double (although with the Amlin instead of the Heino) Great send off for Joe, Johnny and Isa Isa Isa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Okay. At the start of the match Hook said Nacewa in for Kearney weakened Leinster's attack.

Now he's just said Nacewa is a better attacker than Kearney.

Can anybody explain this to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

ambid wrote: »
    Okay. At the start of the match Hook said Nacewa in for Kearney weakened Leinster's attack.

It's Hook, does it need explaining? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Paul Wallace wants to make sure everyone knows he won the title in 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

You should have watched todays game then instead of last years HC final:rolleyes:

• Administrators Posts: 53,585 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Anyway, well done Leinster. Yous aren't a bad side :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Well, it is possible. Leinster's attack could still be stronger overall with Kearney and Nacewa on the pitch. I.e. if the gain from moving Nacewa to fullback doesn't compensate for the drop off between Kearney and Conway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

bilston wrote: »
    Well done Leinster. It wasn't quite a battle in the end. Our sloppy start killed us as did Diacks miss.

Anyway well done Leinster. No wonder Schmidt is smiling, two trophies and he will be encouraged by what he saw today from the young players too from an Irish perspective.

Looking forward to next season already.

SUFTU

Typical good sportmanship from Ulster fans. You have a great team and will dominate next year I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Great to see the Pro 12 final seems to mean more year on year. Looked like a great atmosphere and the game was on a knife edge until the end. Leinster needed that one after the last 3 finals.

3 trophies for Leinster this season is a fantastic return. Joe Schmidt will be a tough act to follow with a lot of change in the ranks also. Next season will be interesting.

For Ulster its disappointing but they have taken another step forward this season. The careless defeat at home to Northampton really set their season back. The Saracens game was poor but they at least brought it to the wire today after it looking like it could run away from them early on. They still have a way to go but they are going in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

great spectacle. hard luck ulster.

Great second-half from pienaar which brought them right back. Really beginning to believe PJ is just a passenger in that side and a serious handicap to ulster.
    Made a linebreak in each half, fair enough, but not much else other than that.

well done leinster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

rockbeast wrote: »

Great second-half from pienaar which brought them right back. Really beginning to believe PJ is just a passenger in that side and a serious handicap to ulster.

well done leinster.

His distribution was very good, defense was solid, made two brilliant breaks. What else should he have done>?

He played very well

trouttrout wrote: »
    His distribution was very good, defense was solid, made two brilliant breaks. What else should he have done>?

He played very well

just don't think he imposes himself on a game, calls for the ball enough, makes things happen enough.

He IS a good tackler but that's reactive. Would like to see him more proactive in the pocket. Bypassed too often for my liking. he definitely has the talent but is he being protected by pienaar or avoided by him?

my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,783 ✭✭✭✭bilston

well done leinster.

Jackson played very well today. Two line breaks, great defence, good distribution, a couole of good kicks, excellent restarts, granted Pienaar does most of the kicking but Jackson is far from a passenger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

just don't think he imposes himself on a game, calls for the ball enough, makes things happen enough.

He IS a good tackler but that's reactive. Would like to see him more proactive in the pocket. Bypassed too often for my liking. he definitely has the talent but is he being protected by pienaar or avoided by him?

my 2c.

Ya I think I know where you're coming from and maybe he is being underutilised/not trusted to an extent but I thought he did everything he was asked of well tonight

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'd rather have Kearney at fullback and Isa on the wing than Isa at fullback and Conway on the wing.

He said Isa is better than Kearney but when he moved to 15, the team was weakened due to Conway coming in on the wing.
    Hook is still a gob****e though.

Absolutely delighted for Leinster. A great way to say farewell to Joe Schmidt, Johnny, Isa, Conway and Jamie Hagan. (Fionn Carr too?)

A lot of maginal calls but the referee was consistent with both teams. The number of penalties being conceded made it almost hard to watch at one point but a very good game overall. Boss and Jennings played especially well imo.

Thankfully Kearney is okay and BOD is back fighting.

But the big question still remains..

What happened to Madigan's hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Real cracker of a game. Thought Jennings showed true grit to be called from bench to start and put in a MOTM performance.

trouttrout wrote: »
    Ya I think I know where you're coming from and maybe he is being underutilised/not trusted to an extent but I thought he did everything he was asked of well tonight

yep, i think he is capable of a lot more and should be given the opportunity more to show what he can do.

But glad he wan't today:)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sixy

Gutted we lost, seen too many big games the last couple of years that we have lost.

Thought Lacey was hard on ulster but I will need to watch it again on tv.

Anyway, congrats Leinster, great team

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Nimrod 7 wrote: »

But the big question still remains..

What happened to Madigan's hair?

I'd say he lost a bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭A-Train

Very happy with that result! Voice gone great craic in the South Stand...

Great game

Advertisement