Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comparing yourself to other women

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 fefe0390

I tend to look at other women and judge my own, dress sense, weight and personality. Some girls just seem to be gifted with an endless sense of style, an outgoing chatty personality (liked by all the guys) and be thin, tall (I'm a midget :P) and toned. Whenever I come across a girl who is like this, it puts me in a bad place and makes me feel down. Of course it's in no way there fault that I immediately size myself to other girls when I meet them or even pass them on the street, it just my own head over consumed with these thoughts that are pointless to dwell. Also I think it's unfair to compare yourself to every woman you see but I just can't help it. :o They almost always have something that I would like to have and therefore I am lesser to them for not having it.

I feel as if i could have written this myself!
    Why is it soo difficult to just be happy with yourself?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭WittyKitty1

I do it too!

I get done up and head out with my boyfriend but the minute i see other girls who are done up or even not, I immediately feel like i look terrible or i'm a whale compared to them.

I'm not sure it's anything to do with confidence really, as it seems all women of all ages do it.. i've an aunt in her 60's who often asks me if she is skinnier or bigger than *points out another woman*.. it seems to be something females do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

I don't.

Too many things in this world that are far more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭fits

I generally don't. However myself and two college friends are meeting up this month. One of them posted a photo recently of us together in 2007. I was finishing up a PhD and... well I looked awful. They were working and had money and lives at the time. Well I am determined to make the most of myself now and look well when I see them.

I also grew up with two Amazonian type stunners and always felt invisible beside them as a teenager and probably have a bit of insecurity as a result but I guess I had to learn how to deal with that at an early age.

Advertisement