Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today is friday topic: Who has right of way?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

enas wrote: »
    Because it's his account, his videos, his life, and he does what he wants with all of that? Or does he need other people's approval?

Here's a better answer. Because he's dead pissed off by all those negative comments? He took down the OP video too, do you think he feels he did something wrong there too, or don't you think he's just getting pissed off by all the crap you can read here and there? Some of the thing I've read, including here, borders on cyber bullying. I can surely imagine that he feel shaken by all that.

Yet you seem to condone his bullying, do you think he bullys people in his videos or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭enas

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Yet you seem to condone his bullying

Excuse me sir?

enas wrote: »
    Excuse me sir?

Do you or do you not think he is a cyber bully?

It's an observation, I'm just trying to clarify it by asking you a yes or no question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I think you're meant to make something up about drivers that has no basis in reality. Then ignore any queries. That seems to be the pattern.

BostonB wrote: »
    I think you're meant to make something up about drivers that has no basis in reality. Then ignore any queries. That seems to be the pattern.

Not realy, sometimes I can see that I'm making no progress in a debate but haven't been convinced by any counter arguments to change my own view, so sometimes I just let it go and pick up somewhere else on a thread in this case where Enas refers to people cyber bullying the videoer, and just wondering if he condones or condems the original videos as cyber bullying or not?

• Advertisement

Do you or do you not think he is a cyber bully?

You claimed he is a cyber bully, and on that basis claimed that I condone it. That's a bit cheeky, to put it nicely.
    It's an observation, I'm just trying to clarify it by asking you a yes or no question.

You didn't make any observation. You made a false claim (that I condone his bullying), then a question (do I consider it bullying). So to answer that question, assuming it was a genuine one (I grant you the benefit of the doubt, but I'm very generous), no, I don't see any actual or cyber bullying in any of his videos that have been discussed here (that is, the "woman on her own" video and the "filtering in a narrow two way street" video, which you've analysed at length). And I don't have a burning desire to go through each and every video of his to tell you if yes or no he's being a bully. But I've seen a few more, and he comes across as a fairly calm and polite person. But then maybe he's not. Not that I care too much to be honest. This is turning almost into a deep psychoanalysis of that cyclist, which borders on obsession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

He's only looking for one answer, the cyclist is wrong and shouldn't be on the road. He'll hit every point on the compass trying to get there, and ignore everything else. Even making stuff up as seen from the comments on the video. This is a well worn groove in a very old record at this point.

So don't get baited into thinking you'll have a reasoned discussion on it.

No I won't I'm just surprised how someone can say that something like
    Because it's his account, his videos, his life, and he does what he wants with all of that? Or does he need other people's approval?

Here's a better answer. Because he's dead pissed off by all those negative comments? He took down the OP video too, do you think he feels he did something wrong there too, or don't you think he's just getting pissed off by all the crap you can read here and there? Some of the thing I've read, including here, borders on cyber bullying. I can surely imagine that he feel shaken by all that.

and in the same thread deny that what he does in posting up identifiable videos for public amusement/abusement constitutes cyber bullying as well

No I won't I'm just surprised how someone can say that something like

and in the same thread deny that what he does in posting up identifiable videos for public amusement/abusement constitutes cyber bullying as well

I don't know why I'm answering, but this is how it goes. Which of the videos do you consider constitutes bullying? The "I'm woman on my own" video? Because honestly, if you claim any other of the videos that have been mentioned in this thread constitutes bullying, then I'm sorry but you're trolling, which would be unthinkable. So on that video. Don't you see a difference between (1) how the cyclist must feel when he sees all the negativity against him just for posting a video where he's 100% right against a particularly nasty woman, and (2) the fact that the woman is simply facing the consequences of her stupidity by having this video posted in the first place? I do see a difference, and I see something close to cyber bullying (I actually didn't claim it was it) in the first instance, whereas I only see the reaction of a cyclist that's been pissed of in the second instance.

Anyway, that's the last reply you will get from me on this thread.

As you asked I consider ANY video or photograph posted on ANY public media site that has identifiable people or identifiable registration numbers for the amusement of people as cyber bullying.

Now you obviously don't which is your prerogative however I feel that it should be pointed out that according to Wikipedia ( yeah I know it's not a legal site )
    Legal definition

Cyberbullying is defined in legal glossaries as

actions that use information and communication technologies to support deliberate, repeated, and hostile behavior by an individual or group, that is intended to harm another or others.
    use of communication technologies for the intention of harming another person
    use of internet service and mobile technologies such as web pages and discussion groups as well as instant messaging or SMS text messaging with the intention of harming another person.

Examples of what constitutes cyberbullying include communications that seek to intimidate, control, manipulate, put down, falsely discredit, or humiliate the recipient. The actions are deliberate, repeated, and hostile behavior intended to harm another. Cyberbullying has been defined by The National Crime Prevention Council: “When the Internet, cell phones or other devices are used to send or post text or images intended to hurt or embarrass another person."[1][2]

A cyberbully may be a person whom the target knows or an online stranger. A cyberbully may be anonymous and may solicit involvement of other people online who do not even know the target. This is known as a 'digital pile-on.'[3]

Now that would be opposed to someone posting their own videos inviting open criticism

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thread has moved even further away from cycling (and it's no longer Friday), so I think we can leave it there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement