Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC modem/router Technicolor TC7200

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

You might also have nearby WiFi interfering.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭J@yK@y

jeremy_g wrote: »
    OK. Tried this evening again, powered off the router, unplug the RF cable, snmpset / snmpwalk to confirm that is mode 1. All good so far, with the RF cable still unplugged power-cycle the router, when is up I get the 192.168.100.10 IP which is great, it means it's all as it's supposed to be.

Now the funny part. Either just plug in the RF cable and power on the modem OR power off the modem, plug in the RF cable and power on the modem, initially I get 192.168.100.10 ip address but when the modem synchronises, all LEDs are lit, modem reboots and at this point is all back to router I am getting the 192.168.0.10 IP address :(

So I'm guessing that the moment some config is pushed with the synchronisation disables the bridge. If any of you have a different explanation I am opened to any suggestions.

Thank you.

I have this very same issue. I have followed all instructions and I get exactly the same result as above. I have checked my CM IP address and I seem to be IPv4 so doesnt seem to be IPv6 related.

Any new ideas?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Have you let the modem update? I mean left it on for a day or so in normal routing mode. Might be that the modem is getting firmware updates and resetting afterwards.

Pull out the cable, reboot, run the commands. Plug back in your cable and once it syncs you should have a public IP address.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭J@yK@y

Have you let the modem update? I mean left it on for a day or so in normal routing mode. Might be that the modem is getting firmware updates and resetting afterwards.

Pull out the cable, reboot, run the commands. Plug back in your cable and once it syncs you should have a public IP address.

Good suggestion but it has been on in normal routing mode for months. Rebooted a few times during this time. After I pull out the cable I don't think I rebooted, I may try that next.

As mentioned by the other poster, after running commands and rebooting modem I seem to get a 192.168.100.xx IP address and the menu options are consistent with Bridge mode. However once the co-ax goes back in the modem seems to auto restart after a few minutes and back to router mode and a 192.168.0.x IP address.

I have requested UPC to disable Wi-Free, dont know if it will help but dont use this anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭tippgod

i have a upc tc7200 router and having awful problems with it. keep having to reset it and keeps loosing wifi.
    what are my best options?
    i have read this post and got a bit confused by it all. i have a D-link ac 1200 router but haven't wired it into the network yet. i'm a bit of a novice so it someone could start me off on the right step i can research a bit further myself
    thanks

• Advertisement

Don't use the tc7200 for WiFi, use it as a modem and use your own Wifi router. I never got reliable Wifi from the 7200.

I don't know where the up to date links are, for how to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭tippgod

thanks for the reply. does that mean i have to put the 7200 into "bridge mode"?

I don't know if thats possible. Mine is set up like this

http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/89360301

I'm planning on upgrading the router, I must look into the best way to set this up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Natakranta

Hi, I have UPC 120 MB/s now with infamouse Technicolor TC7200. I plan to switch it to bridge mode as my new Netgear 1900 is on the way. I consider upgrading to 240 MB/s with UPC as it should cost me the same I pay now for 120 MB/s. Question is, will UPC switch of my Technicolor and replace it with other modem/router which I possibly wouldn't be able to bridge and use with Netgear Nighthowk as a proper WiFi router? Or can TC7200 handle 240 MB/s on wire? I'm not interested in its WiFi performance as we already know it is lacking.
    What's your experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

Natakranta wrote: »
    Hi, I have UPC 120 MB/s now with infamouse Technicolor TC7200. I plan to switch it to bridge mode as my new Netgear 1900 is on the way. I consider upgrading to 240 MB/s with UPC as it should cost me the same I pay now for 120 MB/s. Question is, will UPC switch of my Technicolor and replace it with other modem/router which I possibly wouldn't be able to bridge and use with Netgear Nighthowk as a proper WiFi router? Or can TC7200 handle 240 MB/s on wire? I'm not interested in its WiFi performance as we already know it is lacking.
    What's your experience?

The TC7200 can handle 240 fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Natakranta

wiz569 wrote: »
    The TC7200 can handle 240 fine
    That's good news. So if I manage to switch TC7200 to bridge mode and set it up nicely with Netgear Nighthawk I should insist on UPC not to send me new modem/router like Ubee when I upgrade from 120 to 240 MB/s. Good to know.

Natakranta wrote: »
    That's good news. So if I manage to switch TC7200 to bridge mode and set it up nicely with Netgear Nighthawk I should insist on UPC not to send me new modem/router like Ubee when I upgrade from 120 to 240 MB/s. Good to know.

They wont send a new one anyway,its not needed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Not sure if this is covered here already. Today I found out that you can switch this modem to bridge mode by visiting http://192.168.0.1/system/switch-mode.asp

Not sure if this is covered here already. Today I found out that you can switch this modem to bridge mode by visiting http://192.168.0.1/system/switch-mode.asp

Its not stable when done that way according to all reports from people who have done it,unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

Its not stable when done that way according to all reports from people who have done it,unfortunately

+1.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

Hey Just looking for a bit of help really. I have this router along with the ASUS RT-AC68U and i have tried using all settings as specified in earlier posts. My one issue if the DMZ host. I am a bit unsure as to what LAN IP to specify as it must be 192.168.0.X and my ASUS router is 192.168.1.1.

In the grand scheme of things this hasnt caused massive problems. All clients have internet access and its all working as it should with the exception of my Plex Media Server. This works fine of LAN but when i try to access it over net its not visible. This just seemed to be a simple port forwarding issue. But clearly its not as simple as that because i opened all relevant ports on the ASUS router and still no joy. And just for trial and error i opened the port on the TP7200 to first the server and then to the router.... No joy. This all worked fine when I was on just the TP7200 with port open directly to the server.

The only thing I can think of is that its something to do with DMZ host? I am decent with pc's but by no means an expert with networking.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Alan3002

J@yK@y wrote: »
    Good suggestion but it has been on in normal routing mode for months. Rebooted a few times during this time. After I pull out the cable I don't think I rebooted, I may try that next.

As mentioned by the other poster, after running commands and rebooting modem I seem to get a 192.168.100.xx IP address and the menu options are consistent with Bridge mode. However once the co-ax goes back in the modem seems to auto restart after a few minutes and back to router mode and a 192.168.0.x IP address.

I have requested UPC to disable Wi-Free, dont know if it will help but dont use this anyway

Hey, wondering if you ever managed to fix this issue.
    Having the exact same problem at the moment for one of my friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Turtle-TM

so i got my tecnocolor into bridge mode with the snmp steps. what is the best setting for my airport wireless router so it handles all routing as well as wireless signal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

I got my new router yesterday.The signal over WiFi is on and off,I haven't checked to see if the modem is resetting.
    My question... What's the deal with changing the channels in the technicolour modem?I have an old pc connected by cable to the modem aswell as a smart tv one Samsung s5 and an s2,the other half noticed this issue when her viber kept reconnecting on her s5.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 minnineman1

Has anyone sucessfully Bridged their technicolour?
    If so what method did you use?
    i really want to get the most out of my tp-link C7

PLEASE REPLY!

• Advertisement

PLEASE REPLY!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96909013&postcount=507

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

PLEASE REPLY!

Mine was working as a bridge for the last couple of months, but I cannot get it to work now. Once you connect the coax cable, the UPC box is back in the router mode :confused:
    tazzzZ wrote: »
    Hey Just looking for a bit of help really. I have this router along with the ASUS RT-AC68U and i have tried using all settings as specified in earlier posts. My one issue if the DMZ host. I am a bit unsure as to what LAN IP to specify as it must be 192.168.0.X and my ASUS router is 192.168.1.1.

In the grand scheme of things this hasnt caused massive problems. All clients have internet access and its all working as it should with the exception of my Plex Media Server. This works fine of LAN but when i try to access it over net its not visible. This just seemed to be a simple port forwarding issue. But clearly its not as simple as that because i opened all relevant ports on the ASUS router and still no joy. And just for trial and error i opened the port on the TP7200 to first the server and then to the router.... No joy. This all worked fine when I was on just the TP7200 with port open directly to the server.

The only thing I can think of is that its something to do with DMZ host? I am decent with pc's but by no means an expert with networking.

Just put your ASUS router on the same network. Assign 192.168.0.10 for ASUS and set DMZ to this network address.

"Mine was working as a bridge for the last couple of months, but I cannot get it to work now. Once you connect the coax cable, the UPC box is back in the router mode :confused:"

Thanks for replying I just complained to upv and the next day a man with a Cisco modem showed up at my door saviour 😆

Now I'm getting 220mb over 5ghz

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cork981

Is this the latest UPC modem ? I have an old cream one.
    Lots of issues with it lately and it has no 5.0Ghz network.
    What's the very latest modem I should request when I ring up on Monday ?

Cork981 wrote: »
    What's the very latest modem I should request when I ring up on Monday ?[/quote

I dont know of any cream modem but I am bridging my Cisco (only bridgeable upc router modem) with my tp-link C7. IF YOU WANT TO GET THE MOST OUT OF UPC 240MB REQUEST A CISCO MODEM AND BUY YOURSELF

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cork981

What's the very latest modem I should request when I ring up on Monday ?[/quote

I dont know of any cream modem but I am bridging my Cisco (only bridgeable upc router modem) with my tp-link C7. IF YOU WANT TO GET THE MOST OUT OF UPC 240MB REQUEST A CISCO MODEM AND BUY YOURSELF

Sorry it looks cream in the shade it's actually white.

It's the technicolor TWG870.

Is this generally a crap router ?

What should I demand off UPC ?

Sorry it looks cream in the shade it's actually white.

It's the technicolor TWG870.

Is this generally a crap router ?

What should I demand off UPC ?

All of UPC'S routers are shyte. The only way to properly use UPC is if you buy your own router. The best was to go about that is request a Cisco modem from UPC bridge it with a router that you would have to buy. I am using 'Tp-Link Archer C7' which is great.

All of UPC'S routers are shyte. The only way to properly use UPC is if you buy your own router. The best was to go about that is request a Cisco modem from UPC bridge it with a router that you would have to buy. I am using 'Tp-Link Archer C7' which is great.

Doesnt work anymore they have disabled it,if its working for you at the minute do not reboot your TC7200

Doesnt work anymore they have disabled it,if its working for you at the minute do not reboot your TC7200

I know but there is one of their routers that they haven't disabled bridge mode on. That router is the Cisco. That's why I told you to get that one. They are quite apprehensive to give them out tho.

• Advertisement

I know but there is one of their routers that they haven't disabled bridge mode on. That router is the Cisco. That's why I told you to get that one. They are quite apprehensive to give them out tho.

Reports are it has also been disabled on the Cisco,thats why I bothered posting :P

Advertisement