Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Kirby wrote: »
    "Your femoral artery has been severed! But don't worry, I have this plastic cord. You'll be fine." :rolleyes:

Worse than that, i though, was how she just sat there for like half an hour chatting to him. Then when she thought he was dead she was able to jump up and tie his leg off. Why didn't she do it half an hour earlier?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

That episode was very dark. Literally. I couldn't see half of what was happening!

Nice to see some folk inside the mountain aren't on board with the treatments. Interesting to see what happens when Clarke and company come in all guns blazing. Will they voluntarily give their marrow to help the ones that helped them?

Yep, and I think that the conversation Abi had with Clarke where she said "don't forget we're the good guys" will come into play then. I think Clarke will step up there.

I have to say I thought this show would probably get a little weak along the way but I'm really loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Another cracking episode. Only 3 more to go this season - should be a good 3 weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Worse than that, i though, was how she just sat there for like half an hour chatting to him. Then when she thought he was dead she was able to jump up and tie his leg off. Why didn't she do it half an hour earlier?!

It's just annoying that she's a doctor. Which means there is probably a doctor in the writing team and they should know better. You know what happens when your femoral artery gets cut? You die. Quickly. Unless you have immediate surgery. And poor old Kane isn't getting any surgery in the woods so it was just ridiculous seeing him stretchered out.

On the plus side, I did enjoy the kids killing the mountain men with like swords and axes. Your man crawling away? Axe in the back. No mercy. A nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

Apparently, Clarke/Lexa is happening, so Clarke is bi and this show just got x1000 times better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Apparently, Clarke/Lexa is happening, so Clarke is bi and this show just got x1000 times better.

Yeah , I knew something like that was gonna happen.

Yeah , I knew something like that was gonna happen.

Me too, ever since Lexa talked about her dead ex-girlfriend, and after seeing all the bedroom eyes the two of them had going on. I can't say I ship it exactly (I really don't think Clarke's in a healthy place for a relationship with anybody) but in terms of representation, the more queer girls on TV the better!

Did Lexa say that other girl was her girlfriend though? I only remember her talking about her second and she said she loved her but then everyone took that to mean in a romantic way.

I don't see why they need to do this, if indeed they are, the romantic subplots on this show are the weakest parts. Lincoln and Octavia works because it adds something to both the characters but all the Finn/Clarke/Raven stuff in S1 and then Finn losing the plot because he couldn't find Clarke were the only missteps this show has taken, in my opinion.

Did Lexa say that other girl was her girlfriend though? I only remember her talking about her second and she said she loved her but then everyone took that to mean in a romantic way.

I don't see why they need to do this, if indeed they are, the romantic subplots on this show are the weakest parts. Lincoln and Octavia works because it adds something to both the characters but all the Finn/Clarke/Raven stuff in S1 and then Finn losing the plot because he couldn't find Clarke were the only missteps this show has taken, in my opinion.

IIRC, she says it to Clarke just after the whole thing with Finn - paralleling their experiences in losing lovers - so I think it was definitely intended as romantic. I agree with you about the unnecessary romance (the Finn stuff made no narrative sense), but the ramifications of Clarke and Lexa - Clarke being this badass female leader who is, by the way, bisexual! - that's the important part. I think the representation is almost more important than the relationship itself! I just hope Lexa doesn't die now, but unfortunately we've seen what happens to LGBT characters in modern media...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

IIRC, she says it to Clarke just after the whole thing with Finn - paralleling their experiences in losing lovers - so I think it was definitely intended as romantic. I agree with you about the unnecessary romance (the Finn stuff made no narrative sense), but the ramifications of Clarke and Lexa - Clarke being this badass female leader who is, by the way, bisexual! - that's the important part. I think the representation is almost more important than the relationship itself! I just hope Lexa doesn't die now, but unfortunately we've seen what happens to LGBT characters in modern media...

Yeah, i remember that she was explaining it to Clarke, as she didn't want to drop her guard again after losing a loved one, as it was a sign of weakness, but that romantic thing passed me by, as some work on the show & some slow it down.
    With only 3 ep left, it's going to be some battle & it definitely has gotten better & not afraid to show some brutal scenes or a cast member die either.

• Advertisement

Well that was all quite epic...

I bet Lexa dies in the finale, probably saving Clarke. Although... is that too much to dump on Clarke so soon after Finn? I'm not 100% sure Clarke is all that into Lexa, was she just letting her down nicely with the "I'm not ready" thing... so maybe she wouldn't be all that bothered if Lexa died.

p.s. I loved Clarke saving Octavia, twice, and not telling her and then just taking her attitude when she openly tried to protect her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I bet Lexa dies in the finale, probably saving Clarke. Although... is that too much to dump on Clarke so soon after Finn? I'm not 100% sure Clarke is all that into Lexa, was she just letting her down nicely with the "I'm not ready" thing... so maybe she wouldn't be all that bothered if Lexa died.

p.s. I loved Clarke saving Octavia, twice, and not telling her and then just taking her attitude when she openly tried to protect her.

I'd say its a near certainty as the actress who plays Lexa was cast in the Walking dead spin off pilot , which lets face it is definitely gonna go to series.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,437 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That's the first episode I enjoyed in a while now.

Even thought I don't like the Jaha character I am interest now on where his story is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Enjoyable but if they defeat the mountain men what then? They need a new enemy but if its a just another tribe it wouldn't be that interesting. One of the few shows where I like nearly all the characters (apart from Finn glad he died!). Lexa is definitely dead

I assume they'll go after Jaha in Season 3, although I'd rather they just left him to it. The Mountain Men could carry over to next season. It'll be interesting to see if they actually kill everyone inside the Mountain or will Bellamy make sure the people who helped them survive and then what do they do with them? Lock them back inside Mt. Weather and let them live out their lives or move in them selves and voluntarily donate their bone marrow to help them? Obviously that won't drive a whole season but it'll still be interesting to see how it plays out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Enjoyable but if they defeat the mountain men what then? They need a new enemy but if its a just another tribe it wouldn't be that interesting. One of the few shows where I like nearly all the characters (apart from Finn glad he died!). Lexa is definitely dead

Thelonius' new friends ;)

I'd say its a near certainty as the actress who plays Lexa was cast in the Walking dead spin off pilot , which lets face it is definitely gonna go to series.

I forget what's the name of the spin-off, as actors from other shows seem to guest star inc Alec Sadler's 'son' from Continuum

They're definitely not afraid to kill off people in the show & with an epic battle to come, there's bound to be some casualties, looking forward to it & probably gonna miss it when if finishes.

They're definitely not afraid to kill off people in the show & with an epic battle to come, there's bound to be some casualties, looking forward to it & probably gonna miss it when if finishes.

I like the fact they only do however many episodes it is per season because it just works better but the downside is there'll be a huge gap between seasons 2 and 3. Unless they bring it back as a Summer show. Chances are though it'll be September at the very earliest.

I like the fact they only do however many episodes it is per season because it just works better but the downside is there'll be a huge gap between seasons 2 and 3. Unless they bring it back as a Summer show. Chances are though it'll be September at the very earliest.

That's what happens to a summer show when it becomes popular, as Haven started that way & now it starts in Sept & now its in its final season :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

When I realised that this episode would feature Jaha and his band of merry sand bandits I feared the worst, but it actually wasn't that bad. I've started to find Jaha's insta-faith kind of amusing.

Liking the Clarke/Lexa direction. Those two have some good chemistry. I agree with the predictions of Lexa not being long for this world though. And I think when she dies, Clarke may have more than a bit of a role to play in future Grounder politics. Didn't Lexa say that when she dies, her "spirit" chooses her successor? I'm not sure what that means, but the rest of her seems to dig Clarke.

Looking forward to the upcoming battle, and I'm curious to see if many of the Mountain Men will be spared. Potential for a few interesting storylines there.

This is fast becoming the show I most look forward to weekly. Shame this season is nearly finished!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

struggling to take warrior Octavaia seriously with the hair and that stuff on her eyes

and Clarke swinging the other way cos she thinks it'll keep the groups together.

hop along got over fin quickly

bellamy is one lucky guy

Well shít... Everytime I think this show can't get any better, they manage to prove me wrong yet again...

That was brilliant from start to finish - did not expect it to play out like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Well shít... Everytime I think this show can't get any better, they manage to prove me wrong yet again...

That was brilliant from start to finish - did not expect it to play out like that...

Loving this season so far. It has been much improved since season. Best episode so far has to be Finn meltdown as genunely did not see that coming. Just feel lucky to have this and TWD on at the same time as they are both my favorite shows....

Good Lord!

I'm just sitting here maniacally laughing at that episode. I did not see one single bit of that coming. I guess that answers our questions about where they go next season.

Sucks there's only one episode left :(

Good Lord!

I'm just sitting here maniacally laughing at that episode. I did not see one single bit of that coming. I guess that answers our questions about where they go next season.

Yup, I expected the Sky People and Grounders to annhilate Mt. Weather once the attack got underway - never expected it to go south like that...

Also, Maya's Dad... :( He seemed like a good bloke...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Good Lord!

Yeah didn't see that betrayal coming at all. The promo for the finale looks epic but is spoiler heavy

You know what I love though? The fact we didn't see the betrayal coming and yet it makes perfect sense that Lexa would do that. Every single twist on this show comes right out of the blue and yet is completely rooted in logic and character.

Except for that whole Finn business. Funny thing is... I could completely see Clarke going down the crazy road Finn did next season and it would actually make sense for her after all she's been through. Especially now that she killed Finn for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I find it strange though that the grounders would not be seeking revenge for the missile strike. why would they leave a powerful enemy in the mountain when they could have possibly defeated them for good? Also the mountain men still have a few missiles to lob at Lexa and her crew. I think she may regret that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,888 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I thought that was an excellent season finale, then realised we still have an episode left. Avoided the promo for next week in case of spoilers, but if they have to top this episode, they'll have a hard job.

I think a lot of those Lexa fans out there have become a lot less after that.

Advertisement