Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,890 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And again they're not shying away from the pretty gruesome stuff. Not the girl being irradiated, but the one having her bones drilled into.

Going by the CW midseason finales so far with Flash and Arrow, I'm looking forward to this one, apart from the fact we'll then have to wait for a resolution. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Well now...

I think it was inevitable that Finn was done for. I just wish they hadn't pi$$ed around so much with everyone trying to save him. It made no sense that they were willing to sacrifice themselves and everyone in the camp just to save him. I also hated the scenes where they were passing around the blame for what he did. Clarke blaming Murphy, Murphy blaming Clarke, it seemed like Finn was blaming Clarke too or at least trying to make it sound like what he did was out of love for her. Clarke was even trying to blame herself at the end. I'm not having that!!

Interesting how in the end it was once again Clarke who had to make the tough decisions. Abby and co were just wasting time talking about things and were pretty much just allowing things to play out. As much as I hate Jaha he has at least shown he's capable of making tough decisions. If they'd gone with the offer of trying him themselves they could have at the very least allowed him to die in a less horrible way, an injection maybe... instead they've forced Clarke into a situation where she had to do that while they can all pat themselves on the back and say well, at least we tried!

The whole Finn plot this season has been ridiculous. It came out of nowhere and although ultimately I'm happy with how it ended and I look forward to seeing the ramifications of his death play out for the rest of this season I still think it was just a poorly written plot, at least as far as Finn himself was concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The way they changed Jaha's character into an antagonist in the space of an episode is just retarded.

As you said, the whole Finn storyline was just farcical,christ the man killed 18 people,children and elderly among them. The fact that they were willing to protect him and put the lives of the whole camp in complete jeopardy,the mind just boggles.

And then Raven tries and put the blame on Murphy hoping that the grounders have memories of gold fish and just forget that it was Finn who killed the villagers.wtf writers?I suppose she will hate Clarke forever:rolleyes:

I feel bad for Lincoln, he seems to be the only one who is talking sense and he was practically a zombie for the previous episodes.The only character im liking atm is the grounders leader.

Rest in peace Finn, the man who couldn't grow facial hair for all the months he was on earth.

The way they changed Jaha's character into an antagonist in the space of an episode is just retarded.

Not really. He has always been in charge and perfectly happy being in charge. Then he arrives back to the camp and just assumes he's going to pick up where he left off only to find that someone else is in charge and that the general public aren't in any hurry to have him back in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Not really. He has always been in charge and perfectly happy being in charge. Then he arrives back to the camp and just assumes he's going to pick up where he left off only to find that someone else is in charge and that the general public aren't in any hurry to have him back in charge.
    Which happened in the space of an episode.

• Advertisement

Which happened in the space of an episode.

Yes, but it's believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

As you said, the whole Finn storyline was just farcical,christ the man killed 18 people,children and elderly among them. The fact that they were willing to protect him and put the lives of the whole camp in complete jeopardy,the mind just boggles.

And then Raven tries and put the blame on Murphy hoping that the grounders have memories of gold fish and just forget that it was Finn who killed the villagers.wtf writers?I suppose she will hate Clarke forever:rolleyes:

I feel bad for Lincoln, he seems to be the only one who is talking sense and he was practically a zombie for the previous episodes.The only character im liking atm is the grounders leader.

Rest in peace Finn, the man who couldn't grow facial hair for all the months he was on earth.

I fell sorry for Finn, and his facial hair problems. But seriously they were kids forced in a war scenario and nearly died multiple times. I think its not that great a leap to be desensitized to violence against their mortal enemy. Life in the ark seemed very cheap too, not a place to be kind.

Also Jaha in season 1 was mostly definitely a dick, he was only halfway decent for one or two episodes.

The one I feel sorry for is Murphy. Clarke blamed him for not stopping Finn, instead of blaming Finn. Raven tries to give him to the grounders because he's a murderer, even though the only one I remember him killing was the crazy girl who killed Jaha's son. True he shot Raven, but that was actually self preservation.

Surprised that with this being a mid season finale that they didn't show anything with the 47 46

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The one I feel sorry for is Murphy. Clarke blamed him for not stopping Finn, instead of blaming Finn. Raven tries to give him to the grounders because he's a murderer, even though the only one I remember him killing was the crazy girl who killed Jaha's son. True he shot Raven, but that was actually self preservation.

Surprised that with this being a mid season finale that they didn't show anything with the 47 46

He murdered the guys that tried to hang him in the episode where they all had the bleeding sickness. He also tried to hang Bellamy, as well as shooting Raven. It seems like they're more annoyed with him because it was their own people. I don't particularly feel sorry for him but at the same time they're a bunch of hypocrites when it comes to him.

I wasn't surprised that they focused on Camp Jaha. Jumping between different stories kills momentum. I'd say the second half of the season will be devoted to Mt. Weather anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,627 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bellamy and Clarke shippers should he happy now :p

• Advertisement

He murdered the guys that tried to hang him in the episode where they all had the bleeding sickness. He also tried to hang Bellamy, as well as shooting Raven. It seems like they're more annoyed with him because it was their own people. I don't particularly feel sorry for him but at the same time they're a bunch of hypocrites when it comes to him.

I wasn't surprised that they focused on Camp Jaha. Jumping between different stories kills momentum. I'd say the second half of the season will be devoted to Mt. Weather anyway.

Yeah, I don't really feel sorry for him. Just wanted to point out how he gets blamed for everything.
    Wonder if there was a vote of the viewers as to whether they would hand Finn over or not, what the outcome would be. I'd say a large percentage would vote in favour.

Yeah, I don't really feel sorry for him. Just wanted to point out how he gets blamed for everything.
    Wonder if there was a vote of the viewers as to whether they would hand Finn over or not, what the outcome would be. I'd say a large percentage would vote in favour.

The Finn situation intrigues me. The people in charge of the show keep talking about him like everyone loves him. As far as I can see online he seems to fall somewhere between hate and irrelevance for most people. I started to warm to him at the end of last season but what they did with him this year was just so badly done I was rooting for them to hand him over weeks ago.

I think they never planned for Bellamy and Clarke to be a thing, or at least not so soon and they seemed pretty invested in Finn and Clarke last year. The reaction to the love triangle last season was telling. People are sick of that trope and they were pretty much all more concerned with Clarke and Raven as individual characters than as love interests.

So anyway, what I'm wondering is did they back themselves into a corner with Finn and it was a matter of when they'd kill him off rather than if?

Yeah I think they just got to the point where they didn't know what they could do with him. He was a pacifist in a place where that wasn't useful, which would mean we'd be constantly subjected to him trying to stop someone from doing something they should do. But he did start to become friends with Bellamy toward the end of the season. But, as you said, the start of this season where he suddenly became obsessed with Clarke seemed completely out of character and that was before he became a killer.

But gone now so up to Monty to save the day for everyone. Maybe he'll even find his goggles along the way.

Was it me or did Lincoln look like the Mountain men were feeding him well? May have just been the way he was lying and the beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

There was a definite buffy/angel death scene going on there. Hug, profess love and then stab in the gut. Very reminiscent.

Thankfully, Finn isn't immortal so he wont be back. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

excellent ep, you could see it coming but it was still dark, clarke saying she loved him was just a last favour, long passed that, her loins ache for bellemy.

Was it me or did Lincoln look like the Mountain men were feeding him well? May have just been the way he was lying and the beard.

I think it was just the way he was sitting. He has some pretty heavy neck beard happening.

It's funny that in a few days Lincoln has that going on, Jaha has grown a forest on his face in a few days and even Miller in the mountain came back from the hospital with a beard. And yet Bellamy and Finn are/were stubble free.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I'm not sure I can watch it anymore, it's annoying beyond belief. The current chancellor is weak willed and fill of indecisiveness. Not long ago they would have floated a person for being late for work or taking extra rations, but they have no trouble harboring a multiple child killer. Even when every single person would be killed.

The grounders have way more restraint than they should have. Attack the camp and make the sky people your slaves. That way you can utilize all their technology and skills.

The show has really run out of steam for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Having watched all 21 episodes in the past few days due to a bout of flu I have to say that this show is pretty awful, I lost count of the number of times I either laughed, cursed or just shook my head at the 'plot' and it's absurdity or the holes in it. Some seriously wooden acting coupled with shocking make up/effects into the bargain.

Hands down the worst show I've watched, thank goodness there's no episodes left for me to endure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Liamalone wrote: »

Hands down the worst show I've watched, thank goodness there's no episodes left for me to endure.

I have to ask, if it's that bad why did you watch all 21 forty minute episodes?

If you really thought it was that bad surely you could have just stopped and watched something else, even though you were laid up sick for a period.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I've often stuck with a show in the hope it gets better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

NUTZZ wrote: »
    I have to ask, if it's that bad why did you watch all 21 forty minute episodes?

If you really thought it was that bad surely you could have just stopped and watched something else, even though you were laid up sick for a period.

Mesmerised by Clarke's baps lol

Nah, I'm a sucker for wanting to know how things pan out and I was hoping that it would improve. I'm still watching The Walking Dead despite it being on the second.

The 100 (along with pretty much everything else on The CW) has been renewed for a 3rd season. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The 100 (along with pretty much everything else on The CW) has been renewed for a 3rd season. Yay!

Fantastic... This was probably the only show that I watch I was somewhat worried about getting cancelled this year, so very happy it has gotten the early renewal already... :D

Back tonight. Can't wait to see the fallout from what's his name's death. You know... that guy...

Can anyone tell me when the new episodes usually go up on Netflix?

Back tonight. Can't wait to see the fallout from what's his name's death. You know... that guy...

Can anyone tell me when the new episodes usually go up on Netflix?

It won't go up until September or October when Season 3 is starting... That's the usual trend with CW shows anyway...

It won't go up until September or October when Season 3 is starting... That's the usual trend with CW shows anyway...

I meant on Canadian Netflix, they add the new episodes every week.

I meant on Canadian Netflix, they add the new episodes every week.

Ah, I see. Is Canadian Netflix better than the US one? Seems to be a lot of people using the Canadian one these days...

Ah, I see. Is Canadian Netflix better than the US one? Seems to be a lot of people using the Canadian one these days...

Seems to be, although they're all better than UK/Ireland.

Pace seems to be picking up now following the mid-season break. Not looking good for Monty though, unless they get to Mt. Weather within the next episode or so.

• Advertisement

I hate the Mt Weather stuff. Every time they cut away I roll my eyes. Monty is the only one in there I actually like. I'm still mad at Jasper for how he treated Clarke when she was trying to save them all. Fool.

I liked how they treated the aftermath of Clarke killing Finn. He was banging on at her before about how everything he did was for her and so she would be okay and his actions have gone and led to her flipping completely. Poor Bellamy getting told his life was worth the risk at the end :(

Advertisement