Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport New Runway/Infrastructure.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Security bit added from the (better) book to make it more post 9/11.

I was accused of taking Ryan Bingham as a role model in my old job!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Anyone used the platinum services at Dublin airport? I see they have a terminal all to them selfs. I think it's a new service.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

donvito99 wrote: »
    Up In The Air.

Should be on a loop at security.
    L1011 wrote: »
    Security bit added from the (better) book to make it more post 9/11.

I was accused of taking Ryan Bingham as a role model in my old job!

Love that film. Also love George Clooney :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

afatbollix wrote: »
    Anyone used the platinum services at Dublin airport? I see they have a terminal all to them selfs. I think it's a new service.

Its been there years

I found out it was called the presidential suite before this new name.

Would of raked it in pre 2008.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 limerickgirl16

I think this is a great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭embraer170

How many gates are being added to Pier D? Will it be in the same style as the present building or a cheap prefab job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

It's not a terminal per se. It's beside immigration at Pier 1/2. Can be busy enough some days, seems to do a good business, the suites are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

I wondered about using it, especially if I've a long haul ahead of me. Sometimes, I'd much rather not have to deal with the usual hassles. Probably costs a lot though so it rules me out 'til I win the lotto. May as well dream. (I'd also feel like a total knob if I got driven to the aircraft.)

bronn wrote: »
    I wondered about using it, especially if I've a long haul ahead of me. Sometimes, I'd much rather not have to deal with the usual hassles. Probably costs a lot though so it rules me out 'til I win the lotto. May as well dream. (I'd also feel like a total knob if I got driven to the aircraft.)

It starts at €130+ VAT, so it's not extortionate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Avada wrote: »

Use it to your €9.99 Ryanair flight :D

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

If that included skipping the queues for US CBP as well as security it would be very attractive to those who could expense it. Does anyone know how they interact with pre-clearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Oh good grief yes, if you could avoid the double security check that'd be well worth it.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Noxegon wrote: »
    Oh good grief yes, if you could avoid the double security check that'd be well worth it.

I'm pretty sure that's not going to be possible

I think (but don't quote me on this) that you can skip the CBP queue with Platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

L1011 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that's not going to be possible

You still have to do the 2nd security check but there is a business pax line that they're brought through. They get to skip the que for CBP processing from what I've seen. That alone would be invaluable during the summer season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭billie1b

Two lads coming back from a UTD game a couple of weeks ago, they got a giggle from it

All security is done at this building and they drive you direct to the plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

Starting from €130? Hmmmm - not too shabby. I might have to give this an aul go for the next big trip. :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

All security is done at this building and they drive you direct to the plane.
    Not for US flights. You would have to be driven to T2 and the lower level CBP area.

• Advertisement

You're right I miss read the email they sent me. They say they will walk you through it. Is the lounge open yet in the CDP area?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

You're right I miss read the email they sent me. They say they will walk you through it. Is the lounge open yet in the CDP area?

Nope still working on it, few weeks left from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Khuitlio

Some CGIs of the new lounge

socialmedia-3ddesignbureau.com-Airport-DAA-CGI-1.jpg
    socialmedia-3ddesignbureau.com-Airport-DAA-CGI-3.jpg
    socialmedia-3ddesignbureau.com-Airport-DAA-CGI-2.jpg
    socialmedia-3ddesignbureau.com-Airport-DAA-CGI-4.jpg

Does anyone have any idea what they're planning for the T1 refurb, I know they've submitted planning for passenger segregation at Pier 2. What's the status of the much anticipated arrivals/departures and facade refurb?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

That looks pretty unrealistic for the lower level area past CBP (if that it where is planned) That areas is cramped, low ceilings and not very brightly lit.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Tenger wrote: »
    That looks pretty unrealistic for the lower level area past CBP (if that it where is planned) That areas is cramped, low ceilings and not very brightly lit.

All the internal walls were ripped out and a new ceiling is in place, it's opened it up and there's some new glazing which will add more light in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Khuitlio wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea what they're planning for the T1 refurb, I know they've submitted planning for passenger segregation at Pier 2. What's the status of the much anticipated arrivals/departures and facade refurb?

Is this segregation of arrival/departing passengers or the urgently needed segregation of UK arrivals from other arrivals, so UK arrivals don't have to do passport control?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Tenger wrote: »

It's a 'new' space they've utilised,not part of the existing CBP area. It leads on from the back wall at CBP beside the toilet bloc. Looks great in the rendering but in reality you'll have ramp workers walking past the windows and all sorts of ramp equipment parked up in front of it. Vista's of landing aircraft and sunshine are a little fanciful I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,559 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Is this segregation of arrival/departing passengers or the urgently needed segregation of UK arrivals from other arrivals, so UK arrivals don't have to do passport control?

The former.

I don't think that the Irish immigration authorities have any plans for the latter based on the last discussion on the topic.

UK arrivals will be doing passport control for the forseable imo. I can't go into detail, but it won't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,672 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Khuitlio wrote: »
    Some CGIs of the new lounge

socialmedia-3ddesignbureau.com-Airport-DAA-CGI-1.jpg
    socialmedia-3ddesignbureau.com-Airport-DAA-CGI-3.jpg
    socialmedia-3ddesignbureau.com-Airport-DAA-CGI-2.jpg
    socialmedia-3ddesignbureau.com-Airport-DAA-CGI-4.jpg

Pier 2 will not happen until it is a legal requirement or the daa use profits to fund. No passenger charges can and the same applied landside T1.

Advertisement