Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Betting MegaThread *** See Mod warning in post #2 & 214***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

Gone for Spieth at 10/1 which are great odds.

Had to back Rory, otherwise i'd have nobody to curse when he implodes (hopefully not!)

Fowler, Oosthuizen e/w too. Might have a flutter on a total outsider too. Cabrera has won me lots of money in the past.

Looking forward to it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Bubba is my big bet. His form is excellent (t28 dell, 2nd at cadillac, win at northern trust) and he loves the place.

Then a couple of outsiders such as Schwartzl at 48/1, Haas and Kisner. Also Fabien gomez is 500/1 and that looked a bit wrong.

Early in the year have money on Phil at 32/1. He leads the average scoring table in 2016, which is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

stuck a few quid on Cabrera @ 330/1

hoping for a good early round and a cash out

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

brandt snedeker For me at 60/1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Few small bets on Betfair.

Haas 150/1
    Lowry 270/1
    Kaymer 330/1
    Kaymer top 5 finish 40/1

Top Debutant Bryson De Chambeau 16/1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

The big green bookmaker are 9/2 Day or McIlroy to win for a max of 20quid for anyone who fancies that kinda bet it's pretty good odds.

It may be through the app only not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

kiers47 wrote: »
    The big green bookmaker are 9/2 Day or McIlroy to win for a max of 20quid for anyone who fancies that kinda bet it's pretty good odds.

It may be through the app only not sure.

awful price.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,101 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Went for JB Holmes first round leader at 125/1 in Ladbrokes. €1.50 e/w as they're paying out at 1/4 on the top five. He might come through this time.

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    awful price.

How so where you see a better price?

I think you'll find if you Dutch the 2 with best prices best I could find was 10/3

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Think it will be Scott or Bubba but prefer higher odds so went for E/W on
    Mickleson 18/1
    Oosthuizen 33/1

Think Leishman at 70/1 is good value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Is Lowry worth a couple of euro each way or is that a complete waste? I know last year was his first Masters and he was cut, but has he any chance of a top 5 place even? I'd love to see him perform well and there's no value in betting on Rory or any other favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭dball

Im wtching the review of last years final round and if Justin Rose can play that well again this year he has to be worth a flutter,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭benny79

kiers47 wrote: »
    How so where you see a better price?

I think you'll find if you Dutch the 2 with best prices best I could find was 10/3

Rory is 8/1 in powers for a start to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,789 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Matsumyama 40/1
    Spieth 10/1
    Adam Scott 12/1

Each way bets just for interest although I'll be shouting for McIlroy

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

benny79 wrote: »
    Rory is 8/1 in powers for a start to win it.

Pretty sure he's saying his bet will pay out if EITHER Day or Rory win ie it's a double bet........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

I've gone with Bubba, Schwartzel, Oosthuizen and Johnson. All each way. 5 e/w on Bubba and 2.5 e/w on the rest. I genuinely find it hard to oppose Bubba. He's the only one of the main contenders that has won here in the past and comes into it in great form. And we know that the course suits his game down to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

martyos121 wrote: »
    Is Lowry worth a couple of euro each way or is that a complete waste? I know last year was his first Masters and he was cut, but has he any chance of a top 5 place even? I'd love to see him perform well and there's no value in betting on Rory or any other favourite.

Obviously would love to see him win but I really don't think he's worth a bet. I think at those sort of odds someone like Jason Dufner or Justin Thomas would represent better bets

Pretty sure he's saying his bet will pay out if EITHER Day or Rory win ie it's a double bet........

Didnt actually do the bet but yes. The key word here is "or". As i said the dutch of the 2 pays 10/3 with the best prices. Although it has slipped to closer to 7/2 now as the prices have drifted slightly.

Just an offer i thought people might have been interested in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I went for Day, Schwartzal and Stenson (been backing Stenson for the last 4 events, so many near misses) and Dopey Dustin Johnson for first round leader

• Registered Users Posts: 43 salad_man

Dj First round leader for me also. Playing in morning, typically better conditions. Can see him going low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭Speak Now

salad_man wrote: »
    Dj First round leader for me also. Playing in morning, typically better conditions. Can see him going low.

Chance of thunderstorms tonight so could be a softened course for the early starters alright. Forecast seems to be dry and breezy then for the first 3 rounds, breeze dropping for good final round conditions. Not too warm by their standards, maybe low 20's.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,789 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Small bet on DJ for top after round one 20/1 mcllroy to win his group 4/5

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Going for a big enough bet on Bubba .

Also couple of outsiders like
    Matsuyama
    Reed
    Snedeker
    Casey (but always lets you down with a triple)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

Thoughts on Reed over Zach J @ 1/1, 72 holer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭yipsnomore

culline wrote: »
    Thoughts on Reed over Zach J @ 1/1, 72 holer?

They both showed form at the matchplay. Given the weather forecast for difficult conditions and course knowledge etc you gotta pick ZJ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Rose 1st rd leader
    Leishman to win EW
    Bubba win on the nose
    Little double on Bubba and Holywell in the National (quids in if that comes in!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

So who has backed Jimmy Walker?
    You may as well cash out now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tigerwood1

Hard to find value this year so went for

10 win michelson 20/1
    5ew casey(under the radar) 66/1
    5ew dubuisson 200/1

FRL
    Phil
    Kaufmann e/w

Top 10
    Kaufmann

Top 20
    Smith

Win

Fowler Money back for finishing in top 10 (seperate bets)

Win e/w

Mats
    Walker
    Willet
    Kaufmann (small)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    Hard to find value this year so went for

10 win michelson 20/1
    5ew casey(under the radar) 66/1
    5ew dubuisson 200/1

Very hard to find value this year. Matsuyama, Casey and Dubuisson are the only value bets that would appeal to me.

Advertisement