Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Betting MegaThread *** See Mod warning in post #2 & 214***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭RichT

My 3 for my yearly golf bet

5 E/Way Paul Casey @ 66/1
    5 E/Way Zach Johnson @ 55/1
    5 E/Way Charl Schwartzel @35/1

Better odds available according to Oddschecker but I went for the 8 places paid @1/4 odds with SkyBet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

New account with sky bet. Got an extra 20 in free bets for the privilege! :D

Went with Mickleson, Stenson, Zach and Snedeker.

A couple of other small outside place bets but they're the core.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭BOB81

Went with phil, snedeker, oosthuizen and kuchar - all e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

gman127 wrote: »
    New account with sky bet. Got an extra 20 in free bets for the privilege! :D

Did you have to click a link for the 20 in free bets or it just came up ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Anywhere where Rory is better than 8s??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

SkyBet paying 8 places at 1/4 the odds, Paddy 7 places at 1/5 so what an offer!

Plus you get €20 free bet when you lodge €5.. If anyone is interested this is the link ▶ http://bit.ly/1S6JqWP

Personally think Patrick Reed is a very big price, his little draw will suit the course, he played well enough last Sunday, also bets on Koepka and Grace, 3 overpriced players. Best of luck!

80s Child wrote: »
    Anywhere where Rory is better than 8s??

Bet Victor are 17/2 pal

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Had a good bet on Spieth at 10s then just read that he broke his driver yesterday and was out on the range last night trying a new one !

Had a good bet on Spieth at 10s then just read that he broke his driver yesterday and was out on the range last night trying a new one !

That's not good news for him Mick, thanks for that info.. He may prove me wrong but there is no way he wins the masters again unless his putting improves..He sunk everything from 2 foot to 25 foot last year, made the game look easy, and is heavily reliant on his putting because tee to green he isn't up with the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

I wouldn't be to worried about that. His shots are made with his short game.
    With modern Technology it should be a case of swapping out the heads. I'd be more worried if it was the shaft.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

lorenzo87 wrote:
    That's not good news for him Mick, thanks for that info.. He may prove me wrong but there is no way he wins the masters again unless his putting improves..He sunk everything from 2 foot to 25 foot last year, made the game look easy, and is heavily reliant on his putting because tee to green he isn't up with the best.

Agree he is only average off the tee but with the course and greens being faster this year putting will be the key and he won't have as many 3 putts as the the majority.

Does anyone else think 7/1 Anirban Lahiri to be Top Asian player is a massive price?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Rose 10 @ 25
    Matsuyama 10 @ 42

Leishman 5 @ 95
    Koepka 5 @ 85

Hoffman 3 @ 180
    Kirk 3 @ 230
    English 3 @ 360
    Kaufman 3 @ 490
    Els 3 @ 630

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

Rikand wrote: »
    Did you have to click a link for the 20 in free bets or it just came up ? :)
    lorenzo87 wrote: »
    SkyBet paying 8 places at 1/4 the odds, Paddy 7 places at 1/5 so what an offer!

Plus you get €20 free bet when you lodge €5.. If anyone is interested this is the link ▶ http://bit.ly/1S6JqWP

Personally think Patrick Reed is a very big price, his little draw will suit the course, he played well enough last Sunday, also bets on Koepka and Grace, 3 overpriced players. Best of luck!

Once you bet at least €5 with a new account you get two €10 free bet tokens to use as you like. This also includes a €2.50 each way bet.

Does anyone else think 7/1 Anirban Lahiri to be Top Asian player is a massive price?

Massive! He's in great form and a very good putter. Has had a great couple of years on the european tour and been able to transport that quite confidently to the US tour with solid results.

gman127 wrote: »
    Once you bet at least €5 with a new account you get two €10 free bet tokens to use as you like. This also includes a €2.50 each way bet.

Yeah I realised that too late. I ended up making my bets and now I have two 10 euro tokens to spend.

But I've done all my bets and I dont want to bet anymore, lol

Massive! He's in great form and a very good putter. Has had a great couple of years on the european tour and been able to transport that quite confidently to the US tour with solid results.

He only has Matsuyama to worry about

He only has Matsuyama to worry about

Aphibarnrat could be a slight worry too

Which site were you seeing top asian on ? I dont see it on skybet

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Aphibarnrat could be a slight worry too

Which site were you seeing top asian on ? I dont see it on skybet

Paddypower have it:
    Matsuyama 8/11
    Jaidee 6/1
    Lahiri 13/2
    Byeong Hun 13/2
    Aphibarnrat 13/2
    Cheng Jin 18/1

Ah, I was gonna burn one of my free bets on it. I might just save them for a Saturday Punt now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Took

Westwood first round leader @80/1 ew

outrights all ew.

Oosthuizen 28/1
    mickleson 18/1
    Rose 22/1

Hopefully get a sweat out of that bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Where can we find stats on the first round leaders for the last few years?

Did a search, but to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

are the forecasts predicting blustery weather for the later starters?
    Went with Dustin J for 1st round leader

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Hey all,

For anyone who has signed up to SkyBet and gotten their two free €10 bets...can I apply these to more than one bet? i.e. two €2.5 E\W bets on two different golfers - or is it the whole €10 on one bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

Here you go.
    http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/masters-tournament/past-results.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

are the forecasts predicting blustery weather for the later starters?
    Went with Dustin J for 1st round leader

https://twitter.com/JasonSobelESPN/status/718034247701950464

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Wiki will always show it but you need to go to each individual year

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Masters_Tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Just been having a conversation in work with some lads who put some bets on. They backed Lowry because is wasn't worth backing McIlroy @ 8/1.

Now I'm no gambler by any stretch of the imagination but I don't understand why anyone would even consider Lowry as worth backing when you look at his recent form. He has been struggling to say the least and missing cuts is order of the day.

So the feeling of getting good value for your money because you backed @ 100/1 or whatever is crazy. If they were at least honest and said they were backing him to have a bit of interest in the Irish lad it would at least make sense. It would still be a silly bet though :rolleyes: IMO of course

There are a lot of long shots out there that surely are a much better option than Lowry to have a punt on. I mean the guy has as much chance of winning this thing as Sandy Lyle or Mark O'Meara does. Value for money???? pfffftttt..... Waste of money if you ask me!

Now to back Rory @ 8/1 will (IMO of course), give you a good run for your money because he is solid, have proven himself around the course before, a top golfer, playing pretty good in recent events and has a very good chance of being in the shake up come Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 17,789 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Think the wind will rule McIlroy out unfortunately, snedeker is a good player in the wind, could be good value.

Wouldn't be touching Lowry at those prices, he'll do well to make the cut.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Gone with Sneds, Schwartzel, Rickie and Koepka. 5 e/w all in PPs.

Advertisement