Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Betting MegaThread *** See Mod warning in post #2 & 214***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Spieth round 1 leader 2/1 looks solid now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Placed e/w on all of the following:

D Johnson 18-1
    Stenson 22-1
    Fowler 30-1
    Oosthuizen 50-1
    Harrington 80-1
    Lowry 100-1
    Els 200-1

Great price on Els, I have 5 e/w at 150-1 and that was on the 1st March, never seen him at 200-1

Like wise Fowler but at 22-1 also 1st March

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

New rule...

IF you aftertime in this thread, attach a picture of said bet with your post. It only takes a minute or two at most to do this. Failure to produce a pic will result in a red card at the very least.

Keano wrote: »
    New rule...

IF you aftertime in this thread, attach a picture of said bet with your post. It only takes a minute or two at most to do this. Failure to produce a pic will result in a red card at the very least.

I don't know how to post pictures on this site no idea if your referring to me and I didn't aftertime again if you think it's me it was in running when -3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Paddypower already offering me 51.00 cash out on Ernie ...:P

2015-04-09_21-28-26_zpsuaanvbx5.png

2015-04-09_21-29-16_zpslodmm077.png
    2015-04-09_21-29-48_zpsrtbotlhe.png

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Most of mine are shot lol. Garcia and reed going to give me a run it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

PARlance wrote: »
    If you followed every bet on here you'd have everyone backed.

Not what I meant. easy to come on here and say I've backed Spieth first round leader after he's 7 under. Nothing worse than aftertiming on a betting thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

I am happy to say I also backed Jordan Spieth at 1000 1 in 2012 for first round leader in 2015....I put on 10k. lucky me. Why on earth would I say I have first round leader which at the moment will pay out about 45 euro as a bet without meaning it... ?? Anyway I have the technical skills of Larry David so will post bet tommorow if needed I am off to watch some golf now :cool::)

seanhynes wrote: »
    Spieth round 1 leader 2/1 looks solid now

Not too bad,he's shorter than that price outright now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭benny79

good odds now for some lads, els 35's phil is 25's garcia is 18's & Mcilroy is 10's all still well in it! & started well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭dball

Keano wrote: »
    New rule...

what does aftertime mean please?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭loadwire

dball wrote: »
    what does aftertime mean please?

Claiming to have bet on something without mentioning it before the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Probably looking toward a treble or something in the 3 balls today has anybody got any recommendations.

The following are on my shortlist

Haas 4/6
    Westwood 10/11
    Day 11/10
    Mahan 5/4
    Kuchar 7/5

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Probably looking toward a treble or something in the 3 balls today has anybody got any recommendations.

The following are on my shortlist

Haas 4/6
    Westwood 10/11
    Day 11/10
    Mahan 5/4
    Kuchar 7/5

Haas followed his first round 68 with a disaster of a second round last year. 78 I think.

I'm hoping he has learned from that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

PARlance wrote: »
    Haas followed his first round 68 with a disaster of a second round last year. 78 I think.

I'm hoping he has learned from that myself.

I have just backed him at 74/1 on -3. There are some amazing odds on golfers that are a couple of strokes back....

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Med101007

Hope all your bets are going well lads. Mine certainly aren't!! For the superstitious among you I just noticed there whilst doing a bit of research that for the last 4 years the overall winner of the Masters shot a 69 in their opening round. 4 players shot a 69 yesterday; Ryan Palmer, Paul Casey, Webb Simpson and Bill Haas.
    Which of them 4 players has the most realistic chance of wearing the green jacket on Sunday evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

Med101007 wrote: »
    Hope all your bets are going well lads. Mine certainly aren't!! For the superstitious among you I just noticed there whilst doing a bit of research that for the last 4 years the overall winner of the Masters shot a 69 in their opening round. 4 players shot a 69 yesterday; Ryan Palmer, Paul Casey, Webb Simpson and Bill Haas.
    Which of them 4 players has the most realistic chance of wearing the green jacket on Sunday evening?

I hope Paul casey.... I have a small bet on him...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭benny79

Done another bet €10 win on Phil 25/1 & €10 win on Garcia 18/1 starting to get sucked in :eek: wonder who i'll back 2mor! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Did Speith/Poulter/Walker/Bubba all E/W.

Hoping Poulter/Walker get off to a good start today and get in contention.

I had only 2 ponies left in the running after yesterday, now i have 4 :D

Come on Reed/Oosthuizen/Garcia and Cabrera! Any of you for a top 6 please! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Cabrera again, there's a surprise :pac:
    Can't believe I forgot him, a good e/w punt

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Finally went and made me bets. Basically bet on half the field with the help of my free bets.

5 euro free bets all to win on
    Harrington @ 80/1
    Scott @ 18/1
    Tiger @ 40/1
    Poulter @ 66/1

2.50 each way on
    Patrick reed 35/1
    Jimmy walker 22/1
    Jb Holmes 50/1
    Stenson 22/1

5 euro each way
    Dustin Johnson 16/1
    Rory mcilroy 11/2
    Jason day 14/1

I'm probably forgetting somebody too :)
    Hopefully one of these will win anyway

Taking Speith out of the equation I'm reasonably happy how my bets are going.
    Hugely disappointed in jb Holmes. Thought he would bring his good recent form into the event.
    Expect Rory to go really low over one of the next days anyway.
    Little disappointed in jason day today. Seeing all the other under par scores today just compounds his poor day.

Nice to still have an interest at least.

I shot my Reed and Garcia ponies this afternoon. Just Cabrera and Oosthuizen left :D

Top 6 from either of you guys please! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Happy enough with how bets are going mainly because I had the most of my money on spieth.

Though rickie and schwartzel we're going to do wonders there for me today at one stage but both had a couple bass holes on home stretch.

Stuck a sneaky €2 e/w bet on Haas this morning 100/1 only -2 off being up t6 so if he goes low tomorrow I'll have a nice pay day :)

Would love if any of my 3 guys could claw out a top 6 tomorrow along with spieth obviously.

Phil to win the masters without Speith 13/8 really liking that bet ,I'd have him 2nd fav outright in the betting ,Phil has started previous rounds a lot sharper than Rose

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭loadwire

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Stuck a sneaky €2 e/w bet on Haas this morning 100/1 only -2 off being up t6 so if he goes low tomorrow I'll have a nice pay day :)

Could be wrong but in my experience in-running each way bets don't usually extend to top 6.

loadwire wrote:
    Could be wrong but in my experience in-running each way bets don't usually extend to top 6.

Paddy power has masters placing e/w for 6 places :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Yes but you won't get 6 places for the Bill Haas bet as you only placed it today. Maybe 4 but possibly only 3 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

No chance there was 6 places going yesterday. Best you could get was 4 most was probably 3

• Advertisement

No chance there was 6 places going yesterday. Best you could get was 4 most was probably 3

just looked it up there and is top 5 places.

Advertisement