Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Watchin ted now
    Why is anything with family so fcukin funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

TED is hilarious the first time, second time is pretty meh.

not everything family guy is funny - cleaveland show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Angron wrote: »
    What's the other half of the quote?

First part (the one I got) is 'Dream as if you'll live forever.' Second part is 'Live as if you'll die tomorrow.'

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've seen Ted three or four times, I still love it. Family Guy and American Dad are so much better than the Cleveland show, Cleveland wasn't a great character to base a spin-off on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Ah Cleveland is ok
    Was obviously better when he was in family guy
    What's with the bear dude?

Best character in family guy is ollie Williams
    http://youtu.be/yuk6uHce_vs

It gon RAIN!

• Advertisement

The pervy aulfella genuinely gives me the creeps.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

But he has a freezer full of popsicles :(

He can keep them!

Ah bollocks to it anyway! Big Brother is back on tv, what utter mindless tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I used to like Family Guy, I feel it's gotten pretty meh in recent years. Also something about Seth MacFarlene bugs me. I haven't seen Ted but I remember watching the trailer and thought it didn't look great. Based on how popular it is though I'm guessing it's better than I thought.

• Advertisement

Ah bollocks to it anyway! Big Brother is back on tv, what utter mindless tripe.

Yeah but it's only on Channel Five now isn't it? Easier to avoid. I'll admit I watched when I was younger but at least at the beginning it wasn't full of people just looking for fame for no good reason.

You'd think so, but someone in my house watches the show religiously. She even used to watch the damn thing when it was just showing the people sleeping. It's a crap tv show, with a crap premise, and it should have been allowed to die when Channel 4 dropped it.

I have very strong feelings about this, as you can tell :P

Dare I have a cheeky drink? I can't make up my mind :(

Ah g'wan. What drink do you have?

So my granny had a scan and some other tests done but since there's no-one in the lab for the weekend we have to wait till Monday to find out if it was actually a stroke or not. Apparently she's in good form though.

It's strange, we went to see her just last Sunday and all of us were saying what good health she was in.

Ah g'wan. What drink do you have?
    Old reliable captains!

Fingers crossed for your granny, K-B. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Guys. Any of ye who have heard me singing (i'm sure I posted up recordings at some stage in the past :pac: ), song suggestions please? I'm pretty sure I have my first audition song picked, but I'm stumped for a second one, if I make it through to the second round. :pac:

Well, I'm not doing Hell and Back this weekend. Marty told me it's been changed to 12k, and there's no way I'll manage that, i'm not fit enough yet. :( Would have managed 10k at a push, but I know I won't manage 12. I was going to not drink tomorrow at my sister's birthday, so that I'd be able for Hell, but I know full well I won't be able for it yet, so boo. :( Here's hoping I'll be ready in October, need to get my arse into gear. :)

So, you get to drink at the birthday then? :D

So, you get to drink at the birthday then? :D

Yeah, I decided this morning that I wasn't doing Hell, so I have lots of drink ready for tomorrow. :pac: I'm bummed about not doing it, though I know full well I wouldn't manage 12k, so it'd be stupid to do it. Still, sad face. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

You'd think so, but someone in my house watches the show religiously. She even used to watch the damn thing when it was just showing the people sleeping. It's a crap tv show, with a crap premise, and it should have been allowed to die when Channel 4 dropped it.

I have very strong feelings about this, as you can tell :P

Yep, I have to agree! Mindless, brain-dead shite for mindless, brain-dead people. My mum and sister were constantly glued to it when it was on. :rolleyes:

Downloaded Les Mis in hd, settling in on the couch with a nice cold captains. Less than 2 minutes in and Russell Crowe is already getting on my tits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

My friends hubby is doing Hell TWICE on Sunday :eek: If he finishes the first run in less than 55 minutes, he can go out in the last wave.... He's a nutter, but he'll do it anyway :D

There is not a single inch of Hugh Jackmans body that I wouldn't walk over hot coals to lick. Jayziz.

Mylina wrote: »
    My friends hubby is doing Hell TWICE on Sunday :eek: If he finishes the first run in less than 55 minutes, he can go out in the last wave.... He's a nutter, but he'll do it anyway :D

Marty's doing it on Sunday, too, but just the once. :pac: Can't wait to find out his time, see if he improved on last year. :)

I'm determined to manage the full 12k in October. Sickened that I know I'm not able for more than 10k at the moment, but I suppose it'll make me more determined to get my arse into gear and do well in October. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Saw the Purge today, interesting enough film. A good few folks walked out of it though and there were several audible 'ah jaysus's from a few people who stayed.

Perhaps the Savoy wasn't the best place to stick on a gore fest horror :pac:

There's a guy on the Escapist does video reviews of movies, his one last week was on the Purge. He said it had a promising premise, but sort of failed to capitalise on that (or something to that effect).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

There is not a single inch of Hugh Jackmans body that I wouldn't walk over hot coals to lick. Jayziz.
    What about if he looked like this.
    a41fb4e4b0c7dca7126254fa3cb9cd37.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

There's a guy on the Escapist does video reviews of movies, his one last week was on the Purge. He said it had a promising premise, but sort of failed to capitalise on that (or something to that effect).

Sounds fairly accurate, probably should've gone to see something else but meh

• Advertisement

I cant believe it almost 2 in the morning!! I got totally engrossed in Les Mis. Can't believe i only got around to watching it tonight!

In other news, there's a possible holiday in the pipe line for the end of the month and if i was any more enthusiastic about the idea my head would explode!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement