Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

gregers85 wrote: »
    yeh id be the same would buy couple dvds a week! just wondering round the shop and spottin that unexpected film! cant beat it!

Have to say the Golden Discs out where I work are great for films, always a massive range of films, almost all savage films, two for a tenner. Must stock up on some of the ones I like. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Have to say the Golden Discs out where I work are great for films, always a massive range of films, almost all savage films, two for a tenner. Must stock up on some of the ones I like. :D

Ah Golden Discs havent a patch on HMV really never did, not for choice and always end up grabbing one them films for 2.99 right a the till in HMV last film I got was Hot Tub Time Machine for 2.99 you can't go wrong.

Plus Golden Discs also have no Blu Rays.

Ah Golden Discs havent a patch on HMV really never did, not for choice and always end up grabbing one them films for 2.99 right a the till in HMV last film I got was Hot Tub Time Machine for 2.99 you can't go wrong.

Plus Golden Discs also have no Blu Rays.

You already know I have no blu ray player, so I don't care about that. :p

Golden Discs aren't a patch on HMV, but at least the one out by me is decent enough that even YOU could pick films you're happy with there. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Hmmm just home looking from looking at a car, im so torn I still like my own car Honda's are fualtless but I want more power. Im just afraid of going from ultra reliable Honda to BMW.

The car I looked is amazing the humm of the engine is sexual and the power is addictive but there only offering me 4250 for my own was hoping for more and engine fault light came on 5 minutes into the test drive now they said that would be fixed but does make me hesitant. I'm so torn.

Hmmmm, I don't know. Personally I'd walk away. I was looking at a 04 BMW 3 series before I got the Primera. It was tidy an' all, but just something about it. Different lights being on that shouldn't be etc. So I didn't bother. You don't want to be stuck with someone else's problems mate.

Hmmmm, I don't know. Personally I'd walk away. I was looking at a 04 BMW 3 series before I got the Primera. It was tidy an' all, but just something about it. Different lights being on that shouldn't be etc. So I didn't bother. You don't want to be stuck with someone else's problems mate.

Yeh I think I will as I know on them it can mean a few things one being wastegate failure and becuase there twin turbo that means a 2 grand fix. Plus the garage gave the whole speel "jasus really never seen that before and sure was only driving it a few hours ago" "well fix it before we sell it of coarse" my hole if it is one the more serious issues they will just clear it off and hope it doesn't show up again until it's sold.

Just a bit gutted been searching for months for one of them for the right price back to the waiting game now I guess.

• Advertisement

Yeh I think I will as I know on them it can mean a few things one being wastegate failure and becuase there twin turbo that means a 2 grand fix. Plus the garage gave the whole speel "jasus really never seen that before and sure was only driving it a few hours ago" "well fix it before we sell it of coarse" my hole if it is one the more serious issues they will just clear it off and hope it doesn't show up again until it's sold.

Just a bit gutted been searching for months for one of them for the right price back to the waiting game now I guess.

Ah, I know it's heart-wrenching, but isn't it better to lose out on a car than have a 2 grand bill?? I know of lads going round with laptops to clear engine management lights off cars just before they're sold, and that's just the tip of the iceberg!

Ah, I know it's heart-wrenching, but isn't it better to lose out on a car than have a 2 grand bill?? I know of lads going round with laptops to clear engine management lights off cars just before they're sold, and that's just the tip of the iceberg!

Very true indeed be worse if the light had shown up after I bought it just driving out the garage. Ah yeh never ever trust a garage I know that much.

It also didn't help my fears of going from a Jap car to German in terms of reliability seeing that today.

Very true indeed be worse if the light had shown up after I bought it just driving out the garage. Ah yeh never ever trust a garage I know that much.

It also didn't help my fears of going from a Jap car to German in terms of reliability seeing that today.

You could borrow my dog and just sit on her back like a horse if you're really stuck for transport? :)

Girls Aloud live on MTV at the minute. Good Jaysus where's the f**king remote when I need it????? :mad: :pac:

You could borrow my dog and just sit on her back like a horse if you're really stuck for transport? :)

:pac: nah im good plus you like your dog to much for me to be returning her with a broken spine :P.

Im back browsing on carzone again seen a car I like, cheaper than what I was planning on spending hmmm might go have a look at it. God I love car shopping :). Ill find a car yet.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Nissan/Skyline/CPV35-2D/34113658552579020/advert?channel=CARS

• Advertisement

:pac: nah im good plus you like your dog to much for me to be returning her with a broken spine :P.

Im back browsing on carzone again seen a car I like, cheaper than what I was planning on spending hmmm might go have a look at it. God I love car shopping :). Ill find a car yet.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Nissan/Skyline/CPV35-2D/34113658552579020/advert?channel=CARS

I don't like her, I love her. :) And I suppose since I like you, but love her, I'll have to rescind my offer. You can use my gran's dog, she didn't like you when you met her, so she'll probably run fast, hoping to get you off of her. That should get you to your destination fast enough.

That's a decent price for the engine size and mileage. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Looks like some of the HMV stores are to re-open!! thank God for this!! since it closed in Limerick there is literally no where with a good selection of music and dvds!!

http://www.joe.ie/news/current-affairs/hmv-stores-to-re-open-with-e4-million-investment-and-100-jobs-created/

No mention of Galway. There is literally no where to buy DVDs anymore except OMG (the place that took over Zhivago) and they just sell pound shop standard crap.

I hate waking up from a nap and thinking it's morning.

I don't like her, I love her. :) And I suppose since I like you, but love her, I'll have to rescind my offer. You can use my gran's dog, she didn't like you when you met her, so she'll probably run fast, hoping to get you off of her. That should get you to your destination fast enough.

That's a decent price for the engine size and mileage. :)

Nope your grans dog is just weird, what dog doesn't like being petted.

Nope your grans dog is just weird, what dog doesn't like being petted.

She likes being petted by me. :p She liked your shoes, too. :pac:

Hmm interesting, not only are they re opening HMV, Hillco have now gone and bought Xtra Vision aswell.

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2013/0611/456005-xtravision-sold-hilco/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Personally my advice ( from my years of being a mechanic) I'd avoid bmws
    Yes they look the part and have all the gits and gadgets but they're not worth the hassle
    Think bout it
    An 04 BMW is cheap enough that most can afford and especially younger lads seem to all have newish cars. A young lad in a BMW or any car has drove the ****e out of and could easily be passing on a serious problem your way and you've no comeback after you sign that line that its yours
    Stick to jap models
    Can't beat them. Maybe not all flash looking as German cars but they run better and are cheaper to look after.

Personally my advice ( from my years of being a mechanic) I'd avoid bmws
    Yes they look the part and have all the gits and gadgets but they're not worth the hassle
    Think bout it
    An 04 BMW is cheap enough that most can afford and especially younger lads seem to all have newish cars. A young lad in a BMW or any car has drove the ****e out of and could easily be passing on a serious problem your way and you've no comeback after you sign that line that its yours
    Stick to jap models
    Can't beat them. Maybe not all flash looking as German cars but they run better and are cheaper to look after.

Ah I know all about German makes and reliability issues my mate who is a mechanic came to look at it with me. If I could find a clean one I'd go for it. Generally I would feel more assured but very few Jap cars can offer what the BMW I looked at today offered.

The one I was looking at was an 06 335i so no fear of a younglad having owned it before and srewing it. I do like them Skylines though the 350GT ones if I could find a nice clean well looked after one of them I'd take it there very rare though over here. Did consider a Impreza STi at one stage but I kind of like my cars understated and thats one thing the Impreza ain't. Legacy new enough none screwed with the 3.0 litre engine are hard to come by aswell.

Ah I know all about German makes and reliability issues my mate who is a mechanic came to look at it with me. If I could find a clean one I'd go for it. Generally I would feel more assured but very few Jap cars can offer what the BMW I looked at today offered.

The one I was looking at was an 06 335i so no fear of a younglad having owned it before and srewing it. I do like them Skylines though the 350GT ones if I could find a nice clean well looked after one of them I'd take it there very rare though over here. Did consider a Impreza STi at one stage but I kind of like my cars understated and thats one thing the Impreza ain't. Legacy new enough none screwed with the 3.0 litre engine are hard to come by aswell.

Get a pink one with diamonds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

just back from a game of indoor football with the lads fro work!! feckers forgot we where on the pitch and left us in there for an hour nd 20! im bloody nackered!!! not looking forward to the morning haha

Get a pink one with diamonds.

Can I get the eyelashes for it aswell?
    just back from a game of indoor football with the lads fro work!! feckers forgot we where on the pitch and left us in there for an hour nd 20! im bloody nackered!!! not looking forward to the morning haha

Ah used to love when that happened free twenty minutes of football :), although haven't kicked a ball in anger in years now say I have the touch of a rapist at this stage.

• Advertisement

Ah used to love when that happened free twenty minutes of football :), although haven't kicked a ball in anger in years now say I have the touch of a rapist at this stage.

it wouldnt be my first sport i have to say so my touch wouldn be the greatest! infact its awful haha nothing like the grace of a rugby player on a football field ha :pac: havent a bad left boot though if i get a bit if space haha

Can I get the eyelashes for it aswell?

No, that'd be gay, duh.

it wouldnt be my first sport i have to say so my touch wouldn be the greatest! infact its awful haha nothing like the grace of a rugby player on a football field ha :pac: havent a bad left boot though if i get a bit if space haha

Fellow leftie here, were a rare breed :). Ha but yeh have seen a few rugby players playing astro in my day and to say they looked awkward would be an understatement.

Speaking of which what ya reckon of this lad only playing rugby twelve weeks?
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=164975127017137&set=vb.115372025310781&type=2&theater

Fellow leftie here, were a rare breed :). Ha but yeh have seen a few rugby players playing astro in my day and to say they looked awkward would be an understatement.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=164975127017137&set=vb.115372025310781&type=2&theater

yeh i seen that vid a few weeks ago on rugbydump!! serious speed!!!

yeh i seen that vid a few weeks ago on rugbydump!! serious speed!!!

Yeh someone should get onto it, and find out if he has any Irish heritage.

Yeh someone should get onto it, and find out if he has any Irish heritage.

haha doesnt need it! just needs to play here for 3 yrs and he's legible i believe! you'd wonder how he handled the switch in training and increased the stamina levels for rugby!

jonah lomu and brian habana both recorded close to 10 second 100metres in there day too!

haha doesnt need it! just needs to play here for 3 yrs and he's legible i believe! you'd wonder how he handled the switch in training and increased the stamina levels for rugby!

jonah lomu and brian habana both recorded close to 10 second 100metres in there day too!

Happys days get recruiting so ha. Yeh was wondering that myself since be pretty sure for years he only trained for quick bursts it be some change in thinking.

Ah even I remember watching Jonah Lomu not only was he quick but he was built like a tank, really was unbelievable his highlight reels on youtube are amazing.

Happys days get recruiting so ha. Yeh was wondering that myself since be pretty sure for years he only trained for quick bursts it be some change in thinking.

Ah even I remember watching Jonah Lomu not only was he quick but he was built like a tank, really was unbelievable his highlight reels on youtube are amazing.

he weighed about 19 stone! can you imagine someone that size all muscle running at you that fast! fcuk that!! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

That yer man Isles? Can't stand 7's it's like watching beach football at times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

he weighed about 19 stone! can you imagine someone that size all muscle running at you that fast! fcuk that!! haha
    All I have to day is this
    The tuilagi brothers
    Monsters. Absolute fcuking monsters

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement