Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

January wrote: »
    The Rotunda's policy for being overdue is they won't let you go over 10 days,

Think this is more or less standard, friend was induced not long ago and it was the same, they wouldn't let her go over 10 days. Good luck with it anyway.

Another person I went to school with is pregnant. It's gone from ridiculous to unbelievable at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Think this is more or less standard, friend was induced not long ago and it was the same, they wouldn't let her go over 10 days. Good luck with it anyway.

Another person I went to school with is pregnant. It's gone from ridiculous to unbelievable at this stage.
    Sure, everyone in my class is either getting engaged, married, pregnant, or in Australia/Canada. I try not to be jealous but sometimes I feel like life is passing me by. Maybe that's the depression talking but I sorely wish I could travel. Catch 22 is I need a job to get wages and I need experience to get a job. *sigh*
    Anyways, no use whinging. January, have you tried the old remedy of engaging in coitus to induce labour? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Haha yup I have :)

Don't worry about life passing you by, you're still young.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Hihi!!
    I bought a new computer today, currently typing this on it! It's a monster! 32" asus touchscreen thingy!! I'm in love <3

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Gave me the runs, broke my waters but didn't put me into labour so needed to be induced and the baby went into distress and ended up needed an emergency c section under general anaesthetic.

A really hot curry and a bit of hows yer father is what we used.Never went late on any of our 4 :):):)

Well that's the excuse I used to get some after 9 months of revirginising myself (we were told no sex after the problems we had)

Longest 9 months ever :(:(:(

Now Im going the opposite--booked in for the snip in 2 weeks!!!!

Now that's an extreme body modification!!

• Advertisement

Tried the hot curry and it just gave me the runs and severe vomiting :( Tried the hows yer father and nothing. To be fair I think my body is just totally against the idea of giving birth this time around as I haven't even had so much as a Braxton Hick this pregnancy. Oh well, I'll find out my fate tomorrow! The end is near, that's just what I keep telling myself.

I've never had any problems during pregnancy thank god.

I keep trying to get himself to go for the snip, he says he will eventually but they won't tie my tubes so unless I want to go the mirena route and I don't really want to until after the wedding because I've heard it can cause bleeding/bloating etc in the first few months it'll be condoms and the pill again!

Tried the hot curry and it just gave me the runs and severe vomiting :( Tried the hows yer father and nothing. To be fair I think my body is just totally against the idea of giving birth this time around as I haven't even had so much as a Braxton Hick this pregnancy. Oh well, I'll find out my fate tomorrow! The end is near, that's just what I keep telling myself.

I've never had any problems during pregnancy thank god.

I keep trying to get himself to go for the snip, he says he will eventually but they won't tie my tubes so unless I want to go the mirena route and I don't really want to until after the wedding because I've heard it can cause bleeding/bloating etc in the first few months it'll be condoms and the pill again!

The mirena takes a while to settle so you're right to wait until after the wedding. Messes up your hormones while it's in the process of settling too. I've been holding out getting it but it's my last chance so I'm determined not to use it until they force me!!! Hopefully things start moving soon! Best of luck for it all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

My body is in agony!!! im getting too old for this rugby craic!! double disappointment yesterday!!
    Oh well always next yr!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Introduced the bf to my parents last night. They love him, and he thinks they're lovely. Win :)

His mam was convinced i was only about 16 when she saw me, but now that she knows my actual age, she thinks we're 'made for each other.'

Winning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Rough enough exam there. Had an all nighter last night so off to bed now :p Living the dream.

• Advertisement

Some little girl just made my day.

She was climbing on a toy tractor next to my stand, and started chatting to me. She must have been 5 at most. She asked could I climb the tractor and I said 'no, I'm too fat so I'd break it, only little girls like you can climb on it.'

She replied with 'Fat is a bad word. I don't like calling people that. And you're not fat, you're very pretty.'

Sweetest thing ever.

She was climbing on a toy tractor next to my stand, and started chatting to me. She must have been 5 at most. She asked could I climb the tractor and I said 'no, I'm too fat so I'd break it, only little girls like you can climb on it.'

She replied with 'Fat is a bad word. I don't like calling people that. And you're not fat, you're very pretty.'

Sweetest thing ever.

Brilliant. That's some damn fine parenting her parents are doing too.

Brilliant. That's some damn fine parenting her parents are doing too.

Absolutely. Makes a lovely change from the usual kids in the centre. Obviously she's got some great parents. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Ah she's only telling the truth in fairness! :D

And yes, good parenting is right...respect and manners cost nothing!

Sweetest thing ever.

what a dote!!

Sounds like a sweet little girl.

Did a new workout after having slacked for some time now. Spent the last 20 minutes lying flat on the floor.

My legs felt like jelly after the pool today! Haven't been well enough to go in a few weeks, I feel your pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Ah yes...everyone's favourite...legs! Did a bit last week and couldn't use the stairs in the house the next day! :rolleyes: Killer! I'll do a tiny bit tonight, but mainly it'll be shoulders/triceps/chest...

On another note, I'm booked in next Thursday for the next installment on my sleeve. He's doing the facehugger creature from the Alien movies. It'll be wrapping round my wrist to close it off down there. For those who don't know, this is the facehugger...

Alien_Facehugger_h1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

That's gonna look awesome PKM! :)

Hitting the hay early this evening. My poor gran has taken a turn for the worse today :(
    The whole family has been in and out of the nursing home, and the doctor has suggested we do up a kind of rota so there's always two people with her. I'm back in at 2am-6am. It's so sad seeing her like that :(

Ankhyu wrote: »
    That's gonna look awesome PKM! :)

Hitting the hay early this evening. My poor gran has taken a turn for the worse today :(
    The whole family has been in and out of the nursing home, and the doctor has suggested we do up a kind of rota so there's always two people with her. I'm back in at 2am-6am. It's so sad seeing her like that :(

I'm so sorry :( i wish there was something I could say that'd help. I'm here anytime if you need a sounding board.

• Advertisement

I'm really sorry to hear that Ankhyu :(

Sorry to hear that Ankhyu, hope you are doing okay.

Not long in the door from himself's hurling match. Hair dye in, dinner on and now to do some work before bed. Have a funeral in Dublin in the morning, so it's an early start.

How are you doing January?

I'm grand kellief, off to hospital in the morning to have my waters broken. Have to be there for 8am... early start and my dryer is refusing to dry the clothes quickly so I can fold them and put them away before I go to bed!

I'm grand kellief, off to hospital in the morning to have my waters broken. Have to be there for 8am... early start and my dryer is refusing to dry the clothes quickly so I can fold them and put them away before I go to bed!

Typical mammy. Forget the clothes, go to bed, and leave the husband to do it while you recover from the birth. Sorted :)

Good luck in the morning. Hope it all goes well and yourself and the little one are safe and sound :)

Typical mammy. Forget the clothes, go to bed, and leave the husband to do it while you recover from the birth. Sorted :)

Good luck in the morning. Hope it all goes well and yourself and the little one are safe and sound :)

Nah typical me, I've left packing my pyjama's til the last minute cos they're comfy and in the dryer :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sorry to hear about your gran Ankhyu.

Just found out that Cineworld is showing Pulp Fiction next month so I booked a ticket for that. Also just waiting to get my roster so I can book in for my next tat. Really itching to get started.

Best of luck in the morning!! I hope everything goes well and we hear some news soon! I'll be thinking of you!!

I forgot about my hair dye and left it in for like an hour and a half.
    I'm getting cramps from all my typing today.
    I'm still moaning....sorry!!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Thinking of you, January... Wishing you a speedy and painless induction xx

Sorry to hear ankh.

Good luck January!

How's everyone this morning? I'm tired and finding it hard to use stairs (yesterday was leg day). Also back pain I've had the past few days has turned into a tingling sensation. :/ God all I do is moan. I'm spending all my time studying so my life is pretty dull right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Sorry to hear about your Gran Ankhyu, hope you and your family are doing ok!!

Best of luck January!! :)

Back to work today after 10 days off :( jesus this is depressing!! :(
    On the plus side i have an interview today with a really big company!! fingers crossed and all that!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement